Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

90%
10%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 27, 2007
this is my favorite book of the year. rex ray is an incredible artist. he puts together combinations with paper that blow the mind. i am an art teacher who sees tons of books, and this one was a definite standout. i brought it to work for my co-art teachers and students to see, and they were all awed and amazed. this book would be great for anyone visual--artists, graphic designers, interior designers, etc. what an inspiration. i am collecting paper and scissors and glue to attempt what rex ray does...but i will never even come close!
on December 21, 2007
This is an excellent survey of this artist's career to date, with a post-pop-art sensibility that has a wide appeal to many age groups. This volume has very fine color reproduction showing the cut-paper pieces with great clarity. A fun book even for the casual art appreciator, lots of very creative visual stimulation.
on April 27, 2009
This is one of the best design books I have ever gotten. I used this artist to teach 8th graders. We made the painted papers and created collages. They enjoyed this very much!
on March 2, 2016
If you are a fan of Rex Ray, then this is a book to have in your library. It is eye candy. There isn't a lot of text. However, there are pages and pages of his beautiful works to study. I am glad I purchased it.
on August 24, 2011
Spellbinding? That's pretty highfalutin lingo for an art book. True, but it's spot on. There is SO much going on in Rex Ray's art that you'll find yourself pouring over it transfixed trying to figure out how he did it. You ask yourself how it's possible that he did all of that in collage. Really really really good stuff.
on April 9, 2013
Very refreshing to see a designers exploration of art and come up with such beautiful and rich images. The book itself is designed well and just love to have it in my book collection!
on January 10, 2013
Delighted by this treasury of prints by my favorite artist. It is so rich I'm taking it in sections at a time.
Service was great and book like new.
on December 15, 2013
I love the book and his work. Good printing and size for this coffee table book. Sure would like an original too.
on April 29, 2015
I bought this before Rex Ray passed away. I loved it then. Now I cherish it. Beautiful printing.
on April 22, 2009
I saw this book in Ink and Peet's in Portland, an absolutely beautiful flower shop that also carries trinkets. I promptly bought it off Amazon for cheaper. I find Rex Ray very inspiring and hope to use some of his ideas in my quilting.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse