4.0 out of 5 stars Great Water Heater / CHECK YOUR CHECK VALVE!!!
Published on March 12, 2009 by R. Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars Hope you don't need replacement parts!
I have a MR50238 Marathon water heater which needs a new element. Good luck finding one! They are completely different from any water heater elements you'll find at your local hardware/lumber store.
Published 21 months ago by chester

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Water Heater / CHECK YOUR CHECK VALVE!!!, March 12, 2009
I would have given this electric water heater 5 full stars except for one small problem. Apparently, the earlier models have a defective air check valve on the cold water input (outside/above) which leak (water). I have installed two of these: one in 2001 and the other in 2008. The 2008 installation has the new version of the check valve. It is brass, about 2" long, has air holes in the SIDES and not the end. IF YOU HAVE A MODEL THAT HAS THE OPENING/SCREEN AT THE END OF THE AIR CHECK VALVE, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU CONTACT RHEEM/MARATHON AND THEY WILL SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT OF THE NEW MODEL FOR FREE INCLUDING SHIPPING BEFORE IT BLOWS! Our 2001 air check valve failed which caused water and carpet damage. We purchased this model because it is not supposed to fail... Rheem customer service was great despite the opposite I have read on the web. This heater has a 6 year warranty on parts and the tank is lifetime. Even though the air check valve was 2 years out of warranty, they replaced it via Fed-x overnight at NO COST. I mentioned the ruined carpet to them, and they began a claim. All things considered, I am pleased with this. My plumber does not like anything with poly tanks, so I checked the web for recalls, class action lawsuits, etc., on this and found none. I am the only person I know of to mention the check valve problem above anywhere. They were so quick and friendly to replace the part, that I believe they know about it...

2.0 out of 5 stars Hope you don't need replacement parts!, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Rheem MSR50245 Marathon 50 Gal. Short Electric Water Heater
I'm out of hot water and now I'll need to wait for an element to show up in the mail! When I called Rheem customer service and asked where I could buy one locally, they said "How would I know...we don't make the elements"!

Rate and Discover Movies