5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Fun !
Published on March 28, 2001 by SEVG› BAYRAK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Philedalphia Chickens
We loved Philedalphia Chickens so much we bought this one. We were rather diappointed. While it's better than most kids music out there, it isn't nearly as good as Chickens. My son only listens to this as background music, doesn't get into, sing or recognize any of the songs. Philedalphia Chickens is a much better choice.
Published on May 6, 2005 by Michele Slack

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Fun !, March 28, 2001
SEVG› BAYRAK (Istanbul, TURKEY) - See all my reviews
I wondered much while ordering "Rhinoceros Tap" , as my 3 years old boy doesn't know English and this was expected to be his first sing & song book. But now I think that it was the best choice I could have done for the beginning. My boy liked it very much. It's really funny for parents too. Sometimes I listen to the songs when my boy isn't at home. He likes the animals singing, he likes to dance with them and we mostly sing and dance together. I recommend this book to parents all over the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for LONG Rides with kids in the Car, January 15, 2001
Nickie (Omaha, NE USA) - See all my reviews
Sandra Boynton's book and cassette not only have the kids singing but my husband and I find ourselves humming the tunes too! We were facing a nine and eight hour car trips with three kids (3, 2 and 3 weeks) and this made the trip go FASTER! The tunes and words are catchy and easy to sing along with. Some of the songs are from Boynton's other books, like"Barnyard Dance". Others became new favorites to us; Oh Lonely Peas and Bad Babies. Unlike other kid cassettes we have, this creation is done perfectly! Kids and their parents can both enjoy the humor, music and cleverness of Boynton and Ford.This became the only tape played in our car whenever we went anywhere, in fact we played the tape so much from August to October we wore it out. I'm buying another set today!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Philedalphia Chickens, May 6, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Show tunes for kids, December 31, 1999
By A Customer
My 2 1/2 yr old son, already a fan of Boynton's magic, was enthralled by the book and accompanying tape. The songs are witty and easy to learn, and the music doesn't grate on an adult's ear the way some children's songs do. Once again, Sandra Boynton has done a great job of interweaving learning and fun! Particular favorties: Oh, Lonely Peas, Tickle Time, and So Long, Doggies. When I put my son to bed the other night, he said to me "Mommy, I love you more than cheese" This book and tape combination has really made an impression!
(My only 'complaint' - it would be great if there was also a CD version.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wholesome family entertainment we can ALL sing along to!, March 8, 2006
This review is from: Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs (Hardcover)
Despite some unevenness , this album and its accompanying book are a drive-time hit in our household - amazing considering my kids are 10 and 11 - oh, and a baby, who probably doesn't get all the subtleties, but enjoys the music nonetheless.

Our favourites include:

~Bad Babies

~The Crabby Song

~Tropical Sand

~O, Lonely Peas... which my daughter and I enjoy belting out together!

Others are not as popular, and we sometimes find ourselves fast forwarding through them... such as:

~Rhinoceros tap (particularly the instrumental version)

~Dinosaur round

We are mixed on songs like Bad Babies and Turkey Love Song - I like them, but the kids don't quite "get" the jazzy vocals, I think.

Our "greatest hit" from this album has got to be So Long Doggies, which is just the cleverest, funniest, well-sung thing I have heard for children in all my years of being a parent. Little kids won't catch all the references, but my big kids LOVE them! ("BONE voyage...")

Despite these unevennesses, this album makes a great change from all the commercialized kiddie schlock out there.

If you want something you can all sing along to and not have to worry about what kinds of influences your kids are being exposed to, grab this delightfully innocent album and be prepared to sing your heart out!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best kids album ever!, April 26, 1999
By A Customer
This is by far the easiest to take children's music I've ever heard. Not a dry earnest folkie effort that tries to teach lessons, not a goofy jokey thing filled with mediocre musicianship, not a rehash of all of the old standards (thank God, no "Itsy Bitsy Spider"). Fresh new words (for the most part; at least one of her books comes recycled as a song), and inventive music across several genres (R&B, funk, dance hall, straight Brill Building numbers), including perhaps the first ever turkey on the make pitching woo via the blues. Adam Bryant's singing of these songs could not be improved upon even in one's imagination, and the arrangements are sprightly and appropriate. A masterpiece; brava, Ms. Boynton, you've done it again! Can you do no wrong?

4.0 out of 5 stars rhinoceros tap, February 16, 2001
linda M (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This tap will make a long journey shorter with little ones in the car. The tunes makes a change from the usual nursery rthyms that we endure in the car. The music is funky. The songs are funny and easy to learn. It is the only tape my husband will have in HIS car. Occasionally I find him tapping his toe to the music. The book helped me learn of the words and when my daughter is older I am sure she will enjoy reading it too. At 2 years she is still a little young to even appreciate the graphics. Our favourite tune is "Tickle Time". When the whole family joins in we usually end up on the floor laughing. This tape will always remind me of my family having a great time together. It does not fail to put a smile on my daughters face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for kids AND parents!, October 30, 2001
Jane Collinsworth (Tipp City, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
Rhinoceros Tap is far and away the best tape/book I've seen in recent years. The songs are fun without making parents crazy. In fact, we all like to sing along. The only complaint I had was that the songs are pitched a little too low for children to sing comfortably. The tape is well done and the book is wonderful! One half is simply words and illustrations and the other half is the actual sheet music! WOW! I can't say enough about this set. It is definitely worth the price and the wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give this ten stars, I would, December 17, 1999
By A Customer
This is by far the best gift my son has ever received. He got it when he was 12 months, and is now 19 months. He loved it from day one, and loves it to this day. He sings the songs, dances to the music, and requests his "sawns" (songs) everytime he gets into the car.
The best thing about this tape is that the music is completely unlike other children's songs in that it is not at all annoying and doesn't talk down to children. Adults can listen to it over and over and not get bored with it. In fact, two of my friends without children insisted on listening to the tape as we drove, even though my son was not in the car. The humor in the lyrics spans all ages, and the music is well-written and perfectly performed.
I hope the authors do this again! I look forward to the sequel.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed with this one, January 5, 2007
A. Miyada (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs (Hardcover)
We bought this CD for our 7-year-old son (he already has "Philadelphia Chickens" and "Dog Train" by the same artist), but "Rhinoceros Tap" just doesn't have the charisma as the other ones by Sandra Boynton. The tunes just aren't catchy. Some of them remind me of old jazz/blues music, which I enjoy and appreciate, but the melodies are more on the somber side and it's hard to work in words that are suitable for children. As a result, my son loses interest after about the third or fourth number. The other CDs by Boynton are wonderful and we've just about worn them out, but somehow "Rhinoceros Tap" doesn't quite make the cut.

Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs
Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs by Sandra Boynton (Hardcover - March 1, 2004)
$16.95 $13.21