Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

on May 9, 2014
I am normally tired, mentally dazed, and stressed - especially at work.

A friend recommended this herb. I was skeptical but I was willing to give this a try where prescription medications failed.

The effect on me is subtle, not startling. But I started noticing these things. My mind feels clear. I no longer feel like I am dragging a rain cloud over me all the time anymore. I feel CALM, GOOD, and HAPPY.

This is no energy pill. Unlike energy drinks, I do not feel jittery. This just makes me feel NORMAL - I can do stuff, and I want to.

Mental clarity - wow, my mind is no longer in a haze. The mental fog is gone! I actually take high blood pressure medication and it muddles my mind. While this herbal pill does warn about high blood pressure, in *my* case I have not had any adverse effects.

I feel calm and peaceful. No, I am not in a state of induced euphoria. I can still get upset and I may worry just as any person - but I handle it much better.

When you feel sick, tired, mentally drained most of the time - it is inevitable to feel stressed and unhappy, and then you just slowly get worse, and worse - and you affect others around you. This herbal pill seems to have turned me around. I feel good. I do not feel "drugged up". I handle stress much better - I believe all these positives are building on each other and are improving my physical and mental health.

I am not an herb "nut". I am not an organic food advocate either. I'm just a normal hard-working person with ailments. Most medicines and herbs have not had satisfactory results on *me*. However, this is perhaps one of the best things I've taken... I have not felt this good in a long time.

I would welcome any person like myself that suffers from the similar symptoms to try this rhodiola extract. It is working very well for me.
66 comments|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
First of all, let me introduce myself since it's the first time I make a review on amazon. I'm from Switzerland and I'm in my fourth year of pharmaceutical sciences in university. I have study botanical and my teachers talked to me about Rhodiola rosea, so I decided to give it a try for 3 weeks in an exam period (sorry for my english).

Rhodiola Rosea is called the "tundra's ginseng" because of it's adaptogen effect, this plant is very resistant and grow naturally on mountain up to 3000 meters (9 842 feet) in Europe. I used for 3 weeks and I'm very pleased with the effects.

I felt more energy, nothing like caffeine but more like motivation energy and intellectual energy, this has been proved that Rhodiola rosea reduce cortisol and increase concentration.

In vitro, studies also show an inhibition of the acetylcholineesterase, this can explain the stimulation effect on the central nervous system.
It has also a little effect antidepressant this can be explain because it can have an inhibitory effect on the monoamine oxydases A and B, this study have been make in vitro but recently a study on rat show a clearly improvement on the depression.

The most ingredients that have the effects are the phenylethanol derivate called salidroside and the phenylpropanoïdes (rosavine, rosin and rosarine).

The brand is good and the shipping was very good.

I recommend this product for exam period at school or person that are often stress. The dosage I took was 1 g a day in divided dose.

If you have any question, let me know and I'll try to answer it.

Adrien
1010 comments|156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2014
I have Chronic Lyme Disease and have been very fatigued and bedridden for 2 years. Taking the Rhodiola tincture gave me energy enough to take a 10 minute walk which is very major.
on March 13, 2015
This is a very good product and the balance of rosavins and salidrosides is spot on. I have been taking rhodiola for approximately 10 years and it is one of my favorite adaptogens, but I always found that I was searching for a better balance. I don't feel that many companies are reporting accurate extract or mg percentages and this has led a search over 10-15 capped and bulk rhodiola products. Finally, I may have found what I want. This is a very energetic product, but not anxious in any way. It just allows for real steady, even energy that lasts 6-7 hours per cap in my experience with this bottle. I have a couple of days left and will be reordering.
on April 4, 2014
My cortisol's been high especially recently because of a work project and I noticed this weak, fatigued and shaky feeling after stressful moments. I noticed that I was quickly gaining weight on my stomach and getting wrinkles under my eyes. I did a little research and found that rhodiola is a great natural herb for reducing cortisol levels. After taking it for a couple of days, I feel very calm and relaxed and even losing some weight because although I was eating healthy before this time it's not coupled with the cortisol. For anyone out there that has even mild amounts of stress this would be a great supplement to add to your morning regimen. I always knew stress was bad for you, but until the symptoms hit you in the face you don't really know. Plus if I knew that stress/cortisol ages you faster, I would have started taking rhodiola ten years ago.
66 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2015
A few years ago I took Rhodiola to boost my mood and overall well-being. It happened that I reached for Rhodiola again. St John's Wort didn't do anything for me even though I took it for over a month. I decided to give Rodiola a try and believe or not within DAYS I noticed a dramatic change. It's amazing how powerful this herb is. I started off with one capsule a day in the morning. After 3-4 days I could definitely tell the difference in my mood and general well being. After one week I increased the dose to two capsules in the morning and the unexpected happened. By 6pm I couldn't keep my eyes open! I was so extremely sleepy, I would take 2-3 hour nap. I was pretty much screwed up. Going to bed at a reasonable time after such a long nap was not going to happen. Immediately I decided to decrease the dose to one capsule. I read somewhere that Rhodiola has sedating effect in higher doses while in low doses acts as a stimulant. My experience seems to confirm the higher dose effect since within days my afternoon sleepiness just went away without decreasing all the other positive changes I initially noticed. I wish this herb was more popular. I wish it was mandatory to take this before moving on to any pharmaceutical chemicals people are poisoned with with little to no improvement but tons of side effects. I'm a big herb enthusiast, healthy food fan and I believe that nature already has everything for us to stay healthy. Please try it if you've been looking for and trying different herbs or alternative methods to fight with depression, fatigue, feeling overwhelmed and down.
on May 24, 2015
I ordered Supernova Naturals Rhodiola Rosea after reading extensively about the benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. Since undergoing an allogenic stem cell transplant in 2009 (Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma), I have found that I tend to run out of steam in the early afternoon, requiring a marathon afternoon nap. Since I have always been an active and outgoing person I, honestly, find it embarrassing to require a nap while others my age are out doing things. It's just not me. A few years ago my doctor prescribed Ritalin to restore my alertness and energy, but I understand that prolonged use results in negative issues and I want to avoid that. I received my order of Supernova Naturals Rhodiola Rosea on Friday, May 22, 2015, and took my first dose early in the morning of the next day, on Saturday. Initially, I did not realize any difference in my energy level or overall well being and proceeded about my daily chores and errands. Funny thing, though, as I was preparing for my usual afternoon nap, it suddenly struck me that I was not tired in the least, certainly, not tired enough for a nap. It was a revelation that, perhaps, there might just be something to this Rhodiola stuff. Today was day two of my Rhodiola Rosea experience and, again, I took it about 6:30 am, along with some other supplements. Since it is Sunday, I proceeded to Sunday School and Church. Sunday School begins at 9:30 am, and Church begins at 10:45 am. Usually, by 11:15 or 11:20, during the church service, I am spent and begin nodding off. My desire to nap at that time is usually overwhelming and requires a good dose of Ritalin and constant prodding from my wife to maintain my alertness. Today, however, I decided to forgo my dose of Ritalin to see if the Rhodiola Rosea would help me remain alert and active. Guess what? ….. I made it through the entire service wide awake, without the side effects generally experienced with Ritalin! Yes, I am impressed! At this point, I am very optimistic regarding the effectiveness of Rhodiola Rosea and, especially, the Supernova Naturals product. While I haven't noticed any reduction in stress issues, really, I think it is too early for that assessment … but the immediate benefit of restored alertness and energy is certainly evident. I will continue using this product and will provide updates as I continue taking Supernova Naturals Rhodiola Rosea.
on April 15, 2014
I ordered this now 3 times- all different brands to see which was most effective. I feel this one works quite well. I ordered it to reduce anxiety, stress and increase my energy to which has done all the above. I know rhodiola works regardless since I have been on and off it multiple times and always feel and see a remarkable difference.
on October 7, 2015
Interesting substance; think of it as Ritalin. Works great for depression, but causes a bad case of the jitters, later in the day. If one has intractable depression but doesn't have a sleep problem, maybe take for a few days, then ease off. This is only my experience. I am not a medical professional. Talk to your herbalist/pharmacist/doctor-- whatever.

Now if they could take something like this and make it so that it doesn't cause one to be wired with insomnia, I'd be all for it. Of course, everyone's biochemistry is different. Just as a remedy for depression, it does work--- but with side-effects.
on April 16, 2015
I have been struggling for years with Chronic Lyme's Disease. I experience regular bouts of extreme mental fatigue\haze, which generally leads to depression (physical issues such as aching as well, but generic pain relievers work for that stuff). I started taking these during one such bout and I noticed excellent results within 48 hours. Since I started taking one every morning I still have the mental fatigue\haze on occasion, but it has been reduced to the point where I can deal with it and still go to work. I'm very happy with the results. I'm no doctor and certainly can't recommend it for everyone, but if you are struggling with Lyme's I'd encourage you to at least give it a shot.