5.0 out of 5 stars Calm and stress-free
Published 5 months ago by Laura W.

2.0 out of 5 stars I felt a lot of anxiety on this product. ...
I felt a lot of anxiety on this product...in fact I could not go to bed and go to sleep....took 2 days for my sleep pattern to return to normal. I'm sure it will affect everyone different.
Published 2 months ago by ginger

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm and stress-free, April 4, 2014
Laura W. (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhodiola Rosea, Siberian Extract, 3% Rosavins 1% Salidrosides, Free Guide to Rhodiola, Adaptogen Traditionally Used to Combat Stress, Increase Energy and Stamina, Improve Mental Focus and Enhance Mood - 60 Vegetarian Capsules - 500mg (Health and Beauty)
My cortisol's been high especially recently because of a work project and I noticed this weak, fatigued and shaky feeling after stressful moments. I noticed that I was quickly gaining weight on my stomach and getting wrinkles under my eyes. I did a little research and found that rhodiola is a great natural herb for reducing cortisol levels. After taking it for a couple of days, I feel very calm and relaxed and even losing some weight because although I was eating healthy before this time it's not coupled with the cortisol. For anyone out there that has even mild amounts of stress this would be a great supplement to add to your morning regimen. I always knew stress was bad for you, but until the symptoms hit you in the face you don't really know. Plus if I knew that stress/cortisol ages you faster, I would have started taking rhodiola ten years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, I feel good. I am happy at work. I can think clearly! This is not a typical "energy" pill., May 9, 2014
I am normally tired, mentally dazed, and stressed - especially at work.

A friend recommended this herb. I was skeptical but I was willing to give this a try where prescription medications failed.

The effect on me is subtle, not startling. But I started noticing these things. My mind feels clear. I no longer feel like I am dragging a rain cloud over me all the time anymore. I feel CALM, GOOD, and HAPPY.

This is no energy pill. Unlike energy drinks, I do not feel jittery. This just makes me feel NORMAL - I can do stuff, and I want to.

Mental clarity - wow, my mind is no longer in a haze. The mental fog is gone! I actually take high blood pressure medication and it muddles my mind. While this herbal pill does warn about high blood pressure, in *my* case I have not had any adverse effects.

I feel calm and peaceful. No, I am not in a state of induced euphoria. I can still get upset and I may worry just as any person - but I handle it much better.

When you feel sick, tired, mentally drained most of the time - it is inevitable to feel stressed and unhappy, and then you just slowly get worse, and worse - and you affect others around you. This herbal pill seems to have turned me around. I feel good. I do not feel "drugged up". I handle stress much better - I believe all these positives are building on each other and are improving my physical and mental health.

I am not an herb "nut". I am not an organic food advocate either. I'm just a normal hard-working person with ailments. Most medicines and herbs have not had satisfactory results on *me*. However, this is perhaps one of the best things I've taken... I have not felt this good in a long time.

I would welcome any person like myself that suffers from the similar symptoms to try this rhodiola extract. It is working very well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace, Well-being and Energy, March 12, 2014
I am quite the skeptic when it comes to the plethora of 'natural' herbal fix-alls. Seeing Dr. T. Low Dog on TV referencing Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavin 1% Saldroside explaining it's benefits I decided to researched this a bit more. Being native American as well and knowing and understanding our herbal culture I decided to give this product a try. I am in my third week and am still amazed. This is caffine free. Dr. Low Dog was very careful to explain that the Rhodiola must contain at least 3% Rosavin and1% Saldroside. I found similar product at GNC and Walgreens. However, neither contained the specific needed ingredients. Ordering them online was easy and inexpensive. This is an amazing product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I used for 3 weeks and I'm very pleased with the effects, July 3, 2014
First of all, let me introduce myself since it's the first time I make a review on amazon. I'm from Switzerland and I'm in my fourth year of pharmaceutical sciences in university. I have study botanical and my teachers talked to me about Rhodiola rosea, so I decided to give it a try for 3 weeks in an exam period (sorry for my english).

Rhodiola Rosea is called the "tundra's ginseng" because of it's adaptogen effect, this plant is very resistant and grow naturally on mountain up to 3000 meters (9 842 feet) in Europe. I used for 3 weeks and I'm very pleased with the effects.

I felt more energy, nothing like caffeine but more like motivation energy and intellectual energy, this has been proved that Rhodiola rosea reduce cortisol and increase concentration.

In vitro, studies also show an inhibition of the acetylcholineesterase, this can explain the stimulation effect on the central nervous system.
It has also a little effect antidepressant this can be explain because it can have an inhibitory effect on the monoamine oxydases A and B, this study have been make in vitro but recently a study on rat show a clearly improvement on the depression.

The most ingredients that have the effects are the phenylethanol derivate called salidroside and the phenylpropanoïdes (rosavine, rosin and rosarine).

The brand is good and the shipping was very good.

I recommend this product for exam period at school or person that are often stress. The dosage I took was 1 g a day in divided dose.

If you have any question, let me know and I'll try to answer it.

Adrien

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, July 13, 2013
I adore my work, but it is a hectic one. Dealing with flights, languages, time zones, even celebrities can be exhausting. In one of my travels a to London a friend of mine gave me a bottle of these capsules, Rhodiola Rosea. I don't usually take this type of supplements, but I was in awe soon after I start taking them. My energy was up, stress was down. Now I recommend it to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars clear focused thinking, significantly reduced fatigue, and an overall mood-enhanced sense of well-being, May 23, 2014
I had been taking a more expensive brand of rhodiola rosea for 6 months with amazing results of more clear focused thinking, significantly reduced fatigue, and an overall mood-enhanced sense of well-being that lasted throughout the day. I switched to this brand one month ago, and I believe it works just as well if not better. When I rarely forget to take it first thing in the morning, I am well aware of it by late morning with the old feelings of exhaustion and fogginess. Shipping was fast, packaging was fine, and the company did an excellent job with shipping updates as well as e-mailing me a complimentary information packet that further explained the benefits of the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, I've noticed it is effective!, June 4, 2014
I first became interested in Rhodiola when my mother suggested I take one of hers around 3pm one afternoon when I was feeling sluggish. Well, around 2 am I was still up with lots of energy, cleaning the house. I realized that it was a great energy booster. After researching what type of Rhodiola Rosea to take, I came upon this product, and decided to test it.

The first week I was rather dissappointed, then I read the recommendations, and began taking two instead of one pill in the morning and THAT made a difference! I began taking it during what I consider a stressful time-- end of the school year dealing with HS Seniors and being the Yearbook Advisor made me stressed... Though I did not feel the pills helped me with anxiety at the time, I was energetic and able to multi-task really well. The energy the vitamins gave me was quite noticeable and I feel are quite effective; even now I feel they have become an important part of my daily regiment and I am able to have productive days.

I have forgotten to take my vitamins twice and that is when I realized that they are indeed a mood stabilizer. The two days that I forgot the vitamins I had high anxiety and had no idea why....then, I was like, "oh!" "I forgot my Rhodiola Rosea!" Therefore, I feel that they are helping with my anxiety after all and I didn't even know it!

I do recommend that the vitamins be taken in the morning or you will not be sleeping at the right time. Also, recommendations are to take the vitamins with food in the morning, and I have not been good about that, but I have not noticed any negative effects from it.

All in all, Rhodiola Rosea has been beneficial for me and I will continue to incorporate it into my vitamin routine each day. I am a believer in the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Aid for Recovery, December 6, 2013
I went through some serious surgery in early 2013, which caused me to be pretty much bedridden for the entire year. I have healed but being bedridden that long has a very negative impact. I had no energy and found it very difficult to to do little more than sit and go back to bed. I read in two books that I purchased through Amazon about natural antibiotics and antiviral herbs and Rhodiola was mentioned as an adaptogen. It sounded like what I needed and after doing some research, this brand seemed like an excellent choice.
I have been taking one capsule of Rhodolia every morning with breakfast for nearly a month now and I feel much better. I want to get out of bed in the morning. I look forward to day to day activities and I am able to do them with greater ease. I am happier and less worried and have more energy and I do not crawl back into bed until it is time to go to sleep. Needless to say, I will continue to take Rhodolia.
If you chose to try it, please give it time to work. It may take a few days for it to kick in and once it does, each day you will feel better. I also must say that I have noticed no negative side effects. I am very happy I found this herb.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product really works., August 2, 2013
When I started taking Rhodiola, I'd moved country, house and started a new job all in a week, stressed wasn't the word. 4 weeks on and I'm definitely a lot calmer than I was. I will *definitely* keep taking this mainly because my sleep has improved hugely since I started taking it (it's not supposed to even help with that from what I've read). I hadn't slept all through the night for years and now I do, every night! I take one in the morning with breakfast which works great for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 13, 2014
This product works great. You have to take it longer than 4 days for it to work. But it does work. Lots more energy and sleep better at night.

Rate and Discover Movies