‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bell Ringing Good Time, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
I recently ordered Kidsplay 13-note chromatic handbells as a way of getting the children in my Sunday School (K-3rd grade) class more interested in participating in the music ministry.

We used the sheet music that came free with the bells and within 10 minutes the children were playing songs.

The bells are perfect pitch and the children are excited about playing them. They have been practicing on their own and are now getting prepared for the Thanksgiving and Christmas programs at church.

Thanks for an affordable way to get kids interested in music.

Church Lady

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality at a Good Price, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
I am a music teacher, and I purchased this 13-note chromatic octave hand bell set for the upper elementary school students to play in our church's annual Christmas Cantata. Having only a month to prepare, I did not want to teach this particular group to read music. Rather, I wanted to be able to quickly put together something that sounds polished. Each bell in this set is color-coded and labeled clearly at the end of the handle with both its note name and its number (scale degree), meaning that you can use colors, letters, or numbers to chart/teach songs.

QUALITY
When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised by the tone quality and intonation. The sound is clear and even throughout the octave. Additionally, the design of the beaters goes a long way to prevent the dreaded "double-ring." The construction is sturdy, although I would have used a rougher material (or attached some sort of grip) for the handles. The handles are quite smooth, and I'm just waiting for a bell to fly out of someone's hand during a "forte" section.

COLORS
Unlike the photo shown above, the chromatic add-on set (sharps and flats) comes with black handles. This makes them much easier to distinguish from the 8-note diatonic set. The 8-note set (in the key of C) makes use of the same standard colors you will find on Boomwhackers and other elementary keyboard instruments, meaning you can easily use the same charts or sheet music for all of them. My only complaint here is that the G (teal) and the A#/Bb (slightly bluer teal??) are virtually indistinguishable, and the G#/Ab (slightly lighter teal??) is awfully darn close as well. Logically, it seems that the A#/Bb should be a variant of the purple used for the B. I've had to make very creative use of my Sharpie collection for all my songs in F Major.

EXTRAS
The diatonic set also comes with a tiny sample of sheet music for 6 simple songs in C (Festive Bells, Old MacDonald, Peace Like a River, Beethoven's Ninth/Joyful Joyful, Sarasponda, and Ring Joy). The bells come in a cardboard box that will suffice for storage, but I highly recommend purchasing a soft case for protection and desk-top playing. NOTE: THE SOFT CASE IS SOLD SEPARATELY.

Overall, this is a good set for kids at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
I ordered these for our church primary. The kids LOVED them! The colors made it easy to learn new songs and the bells are sturdy enough to withstand some "eager" players. Teens and adults enjoy them, as well. We have had fun for all ages at church and in my own home. I would add that we have basically used the 8 bell kit, which would suffice for those that need to save money. But the 5 bell extension is an excellent buy and will allow us to have more musical options in our primary. Overall, great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars 13-Note Chromatic Handbells, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
These handbells are the greatest choice for a beginning group that wishes to bring joy with music. They ring true to pitch and are good to play in musicals in church or other places.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bells are Great!, November 27, 2013
jeff thomas (LEAVENWORTH, KS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
Bells have arrived and I'm really excited! Can't wait to get the youth at church involved in learning to play them. Delivery only took a week. Thanks for your prompt service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding Bells, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
Very pleased with the sound of the bells. Very easy to use and learn. I would recommend this item to anyone working with children for musical specials.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... primary music leader at our church and the kids love these! I have had to do a lot ..., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
I am a primary music leader at our church and the kids love these! I have had to do a lot more work than I thought I would to make my own color-coordinated charts for some songs I want to do, but you can find a lot of note charts online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
Thrilled and they sound great. I would recommend this product!

J.V.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tone, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
We are very happy with the bells. 2 sets really are required for most songs. they are very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bells!, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Rhythm Band 13 Note Chromatic Handbells
These bells are a gorgeous little set--beautiful intonation, clear notes. My little ones love them. I am very, very pleased with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›