Rich Man Poor Man DVD Release USA

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2006 6:21:10 AM PST
Movie Buff says:
Is this TV mini-series ever going to become available on DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2006 9:55:45 AM PST
C. Jenkins says:
I hope so, I think a lot of people will buy it, it was an excellent mini-series

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 9:14:16 AM PDT
Hi, I am also looking for rich man poor man on DVD and it is an excellent mini series I saw it when it first aired on tv. I hope that they wiil consider putting it on DVD. I am also looking for "Chiefs" and How the west was won with James Arness also mini series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2007 9:28:05 PM PDT
DarkKnight says:
You can buy a region 2 DVD of RMPM, but not region 1 here in the US and I have a problem with US films being released overseas before we get them first. The only positive thing that I can say about this is that from what I've seen in the past when region 2 DVD's are released they are followed several months later with region 1, so there may yet be hope.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2007 9:28:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2007 9:29:27 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2008 1:55:49 PM PST
CHIEFS WAS ANOTHER GREAT MINISERIES,DO YOU ALL REMEMBER 'MASTER OF THE GAME' WITH DYAN CANNON AND A
YOUNG HARRY HAMLET?

Posted on Jul 20, 2009 7:54:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2009 7:55:05 AM PDT
Maddog says:
Still no Region 1 release. The 1970's was a great time for quality TV movies. Much better than what is currently being offered as "entertainment."

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 5:42:37 PM PDT
Buy a region free player, they are not expensive. The 2 I have currently cost me 30 bucks each. I just ordered both sets of Rich Man Poor Man from England for 37 bucks combined. Bought another set for a friend who also has a multi region player. The money you spend for the new player and the discs will be less than the pain you give yourself waiting for a region 1 copy. Besides there are a lot of things in the UK store that were released either here and/or there, that the region 2 copies are less expensive than the American copies.

Posted on May 2, 2010 10:55:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2010 11:24:58 AM PDT
ARTEMIS says:
Just announced via tvshowsondvd.com-USA released date will be 9/28/2010

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 5:23:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2010 5:24:04 PM PDT
I'm only responding because your post is dated April 2010. The movies are 40 years old. Anyone who finds it a pain to wait another 4.5 months for a Region 1 complete DVD set (both miniseries) has big issues.

Also, it should also be noted, that yes a Region free DVD player is a wondrous thing. And the foreign Amazon stores (UK, France and Germany) are great places to shop and often a great bargain. (I've shopped there as well as other worldwide video stores). But be aware that foreign releases are sometimes different than American ones. Sometimes they're better, sometimes they are not. So one should set their expectations appropriately.

Posted on May 19, 2010 4:01:45 PM PDT
GhostWolf says:
Nice and expensive. As Eric mentioned above, you get get the two sets for half the price in R2.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2010 4:08:31 PM PDT
Only half the price if you already have a Region free DVD player. And you can't lend it to friends or relatives. And unless you have region free players in multiple location, you can only watch it in one place. Something I found frustrating right after receiving brand new DVDs from the UK only to discover my region free player on its last legs. My other 3 players were useless.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2010 6:28:54 PM PDT
The key, Lady Action Fan, is to encourage your friends or relatives to buy multi region players. They can be as low as 30 bucks, and several companies sell them through Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2010 6:45:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2010 6:50:39 PM PDT
No, the key is to encourage friends and relatives who will buy/rent/etc multi region DVDs to buy multi region players. If someone does not want to be bothered with ordering from overseas, then they have no reason to to buy a multi region player. My 65 year old mother wouldn't know a Region 3 DVD from the west side highway. She will order from Amazon, rent from Netflix, the local Blockbuster or whatever I give her. She and many like her of all ages prefer to just keep it simple.

The point is, if you're going to order DVD's worldwide, go ahead, buy a multi region player. But if not, there's no point to order "Rich Man, Poor Man" for $35 from England and then spend another $30 on a multi region player (Total = $65 plus shipping). (Nevermind the question of the quality, reliability and longevity of a $30 player). Just wait the few months for the US release.

Posted on May 30, 2010 7:27:51 AM PDT
That is what I was trying to get at. If I left off the key elements you mention, I apologize. For years, I have found there are discs in Region 2 (England) that are better deals than American copies (BBC Shakespeare Plays for one) and some stuff not at all. I have had 2 multi region players since 2006, and I bought one for a friend. They are still alive and kicking despite being "el cheapos" price wise. They even play recordables and rewritables. I finally decided to order Rich Man Poor Man a few weeks ago, I know my friend wanted it for years and I always wanted to see it (only had in spurts). So when the chance to buy the English sets for 35 bucks for the 2 sets combined came, I ordered 2 sets each, had hers sent directly to her. Came from the Luxembourg Warehouse (most likely the main warehouse for the German store, and took 2 weeks (she got hers the same day as me) but well worth the wait. I am sure the American copy will be nice too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2006
Latest post:  May 30, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rich Man, Poor Man: Book 1 [Region 2]
Rich Man, Poor Man: Book 1 [Region 2] by Peter Strauss (DVD)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (253)