Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Richard Scarry's ABC Word Book
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 22, 2014
In 61 pages chock full of examples, Richard Scarry's ABC Word Book is a must-have for a child getting ready to recognize alphabet letters.

There are two features in particular that set this book above similar titles. Number 1 is it has pages of words with the blended sounds of 'ch', 'sh', and 'th'.

And, reason Number 2 is the short sentences on each page have the special letter for that page highlighted in red in every word. So, the child sees the letter or double letter combination being used in writing!

I was really impressed by all the colorful pictures demonstrating how the alphabet makes up words we speak.

If your child has challenges learning to read, this very basic and colorful text could be just the incentive to keep stimulated, interested and learning.

I highly recommend adding this book to your child's library!
on February 9, 2012
As usual, Richard Scarry doesn't disappoint. Busy pages with lots of things to look at. Great book for my 2 year old.
on February 12, 2014
Had this book when I was a child and wanted to get it for my children. Wonderful ABC book. Very unique in that it has a page for "ch," "sh," and "th". Also, for each letter page, the featured letter is highlighted red in each word.
on February 25, 2015
I ordered more than 10 books by Richard Scarry for my two-year old son and this ABC word book is one of his all-time favorite. He loves the pictures and reads through it every day since he had this book. I am sure he learns a lot from it and has a lot of fun from reading it.
on December 20, 2012
Now that my daughter has a little girl, I thought she would like the same book she spents hours with as a child. So glad I could find it. Although I still have her original one, it was pretty well dogged earred.
on October 1, 2014
I got this book for my grandson because it was a favorite that my Dad used to read to my two boys. Although some of the pictures have changed a bit, the basic premise is still the same. My little guy is still too young to sit still and look at each individual picture (there are literally hundreds per page) while I say the words, but it won't be long and I can't wait to sit with him and see the delight I used to see on my sons' faces when they got the name of a picture right with my Dad!
on August 20, 2011
My title says it all. Our children (now 45 and 42) grew up on Richard Scary, and now it's the next generation. There is never a moment of boredom; just plain fun and discovery.
on January 28, 2014
Mu children grew up with this author's bilingual editions of his books. They were a fun way to teach them and they are now using them for their children. I have also given many copies to my husband's grandchildren, who love them, too.
on March 16, 2013
It is a wonderful book for a child. They love trying to find Lowly. Good price, Great gift. Well received.
on December 13, 2013
A great book for all kids learning their ABC's and recognizing the letters in the words. There are also some fun tongue twisters, at least my tongue got tied up.