Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 19, 2013
This is a favorite with my grandsons. They love the stories and the fact that the characters are solving mysteries. As usual, the dialogue, situations and illustrations are perfect to keep young listeners or readers captivated. You can't go wrong with this Richard Scarry book.
on July 9, 2013
We love this book so much, and it is affordable and a beautiful-quality hardcover. We have been buying it for gifts for friends' birthdays this year, which is much better than adding another Barbie or coloring book to the hoard, don't you think?
on February 18, 2014
I can't imagine raising children without owning a stack of Richard Scarry books to read them. This one, Cars and Trucks and Things that Go, and his collection of stories, (probably titled The Best Storybook Ever or words to that effect) lived at my house for at least 2 decades. If I had a buck for every time I read one of these to my kids, I'd be rolling in money now. We wore out 3 or 4 copies of each one. So buy this book and read it to your child. They'll love it, and so will you.
on November 17, 2012
Richard Scarry books are the best books for toddlers, because there is action on every page, with characters that pop up in all of the books. The Great Pie Robbery is no different and is a great introduction to what constitutes a mystery. It's my three-year-old grandson's favorite bedtime story.
on February 2, 2013
If your kid loves Busytown Mysteries on TV, then he or she will likely love this book as well. There are three stories, and lots to see on every page. Huckle is not a star in this boook, but my son didn't seem to mind or even miss him.
on August 27, 2008
This is a great book! I don't know why our library doesn't have it. The stories are great and the pictures are very funny to my five and seven year old.
on January 13, 2013
Another hard to find Richard Scarry book but an excellent add to any collection. This is a family favorite and stays in heavy rotation with other of Scarry's work. Better for more advanced readers if you're using it that way.
on July 17, 2014
Richard Scarry's classic mysteries are endlessly entertaining because of their detailed illustrations and are great for teaching kids analysis and deduction. I loved these when I was a child and now my children love them too.
on February 15, 2013
My son loves all things Richard Scarry and this book is a great addition to his library. The stories are great to get him to put clues together and the silliness of Sam and Dudley just make him laugh! The illustrations are vibrant and colorful. I truly appreciate that the "bad guys" in the stories aren't in the least scary and even showing the consequence of bad behavior (washing dishes for stealing pies) These are just great books for children! I highly recommend getting this book!
on January 13, 2013
My children, now in their mid-40s, loved these books. They would spend hours and hours pouring over the illustrations, laughing at some newly found joke. We wore out several copies...had to re-purchase them to kEep the kids happy. My grandchildren are now enjoying them.