Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 3, 2006
This book is much more than a please and thank you. I only saw please and thank you a few times. it deals mostly with right and wrong . a great learning book.
on March 9, 2015
Ordered this for my 2year old daughter. Way too many words on each and every page.
review image
44 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2000
This book presents manners in a fun and familiar context for little readers. My kids already love Huckle and Lowly, so it was easy for them to enjoy this book. My favorite story is Pig Will and Pig Won't. At my house, we need constant reminders on good manners, and this book makes it fun. Parents will enjoy it too.
on January 28, 2008
This book represents a childhood favorite of both my children. It is no longer available in book stores, so I was delighted to find used copies available so that I can buy it for my new grandson. So far I have been telling him the stories just from memory, but the original is priceless. We especially adore the "Pig Will, Pig Won't" story which teaches kids to have a positive attitude. The Pig Won't character is a wonderful example of what NOT to be, and is also great fun to imitate while reading the story.

Who will buy this book? "I will," says Pig Will.

"I won't," says Pig Won't.

So Pig Won't will miss all the fun.
on November 7, 2006
My 2-year-old daughter loves Richard Scarry books, and this one is no exception. It's positive reinforcement of the manners we are teaching her, from a source she likes!
on February 16, 2007
I can't get enough Richard Scary books for my grandchildren. The books are pointed to real situations or lessons, and they are written in a manner that doesn't bore the adult to tears. In fact, I used to love going through the original "Best Word Book" before it was revised to be politically correct. Newer versions have lost some of the suble humor (the bear dressed as an Indian holding an ice cream cone for the "i" on the alphabet pages).

Nonetheless, the Scary books are gentle, educative and entertaining. What more could you want?
on September 24, 2005
my 5-year-old loves this book and parents will appreciate it too. i have tried to teach my child good manners and proper attitudes for years, but this book really clicked with him more than any of my talking. in fact, he refers to it daily! a very cute book, and not overtly preachy.
on February 17, 2006
I bought this book thinking to teach my son about manners, saying please and thank you. He does say please and thank you, but the book taught even more about going to school, playing safe, etc. He loves the characters Huckle and Lowly very much. He loves the book and since he was so familiar with the characters I bought him the Richard Scarry's Best Learning Video Ever (DVD). He watches it over and over and sings along. Huckle and Lowly are great. Great book!
on February 26, 2016
I remember this book from when I was growing up, and it was one of my favorites. I purchased this as a gift for Easter for my cousins little girl and I love that she can share and enjoy something I did as a child. The book is really colorful, and comes with 2 pages of stickers.
review image review image review image
on September 23, 2015
Oh my goodness, my husband and I really dislike this book. We were hoping it would teach our daughter about being polite and I don't think one character in it says please OR thank you in the entire book. Literally. It's just filled with random stories that don't make much sense as well as characters that fall a lot (?). It's so terrible we don't even want to give it away. Better to be recycled.