Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on August 10, 1998
This is one of the most creative ways to address the stubborness in children and all of us. The adorable Pig Will and Pig Won't relates how having everything OUR way is not always the BEST way! Perfect object lesson for little minds! And entertaining for parents who need an innovative way to communicate the importance of obedience to youngsters!!
on August 23, 2002
Wonderful book contrasting the behaviors of two "boys". The parents even have rules which are actually enforced! Imagine that, a book that in today's world shows parents with a backbone and who love their kids enough to say "no"!! All this with Richard Scarry's wonderful illustrations. We bought extra copies to give to friends with young ones. Our boys love it as we read it to them. A wonderful way to reinforce the long-forgotten idea of "responsibility" in our children.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2012
I loved reading this book to my kids when they were young. It teaches children that when they misbehave and don't do as they are told, there are consequences (something a lot of children these days don't seem to be learning). We use to laugh when Pig Won't got his fanny spanked and loved it when he turned into Pig Me Too! It's really an educational and funny book.
on July 8, 2008
This cool book doesn't beat around the bush. An endearing story of two brother pigs shows how being a selfish brat will leave you miserable. These lessons need to follow us to adulthood, so don't be afraid to start your kids on this at a young age - my older daughter grew up with it and my two-year-old can't get enough of it, and I don't get sick of reading it, either. Richard Scarry's illustrations are great.

This book is not politically correct. Kids "get" it and are not offended, unlike certain mollycoddling parents. If you want to see manners taught in a nicey-nice way, stick to Barney.
11 comment5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2006
This is a great classic book.

This is the story of Pig Will and Pig Won't, a book about manners and behavior from 2 little pigs.

This book does show Pid Won't getting a spanking--remember this book is older. It also talks about "minding your mother." Kids will still get the point about good behavior even if you don't say and do the exact same things in your family.

This book is a wonderful and entertaining story and even tho it is a bit dated, my kids still love it as I did as a child.
on August 14, 2007
I remember this book vividly from my childhood (I'm 33) - it's a terrific story about manners and behavior with great pictures. The story really sticks with you -- I still recall how Pig Won't became Pig Me Too... I would take the "dated" criticism with some salt as this is really a very enjoyable story for kids and parents alike to read.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2014
I'm so so glad this book is available on Amazon. I originally found it in Target's dollar section over five years ago and read it to my son close to a thousand times I'm sure. Now that I can find it on Amazon I have gifted it to my nephews and to friends with small children. It's a great teacher of manners and I think it is especially great for little boys :)
on November 17, 2012
I had this book as a child and remembered it well. My kids and I visited my childhood home and found my copy, very old and worn, but still readable. My kids (4 and 2) were really fascinated with the pictures and the lesson. They asked to read it over and over again. I ordered a copy from Amazon and the kids were very excited when it arrived!

This book is "old school" in that it does show spanking for disobedience. We don't spank our kids (as of yet), but they understood the seriousness of the situation. They both would say, "Oh, Pig Won't did not listen to his Dad. He got a bad consequence!" I think it just shows the different ways to discipline. Not everyone will spank their kids, but Pig Won't's dad did.

I really like that in the end, Pig Won't made a conscious decision to change his attitude and became "Pig Me Too." My kids understood that being grumpy and disobedient is a choice, and they can make a better choice. They could also see that making bad choices often leads to bad outcomes- Pig Won't wouldn't stop rocking in his chair- it fell over and he got hurt. Pig Won't wouldn't keep his rain coat on- he got sick, then missed the birthday party. Pig Won't was teasing other children- no one wanted to play with him or be his friend.

Overall, it's a good lesson-teaching book about manners and good behavior. There might be better ones out there, but this holds sentimental value, too!
on May 21, 2015
Love love love this book!!! My parents read it to my sisters and me 37 years ago! It has a great moral to the story and shows that being kind, positive and helpful builds character and that other people enjoy being around individuals that hold these qualities. Would highly recommend:)
on August 30, 2012
I finally tracked down a new copy of this Richard Scarry children's book which is no longer printed. It arrived quickly and in perfect, new condition! Thanks so much!! My own three children loved this book which taught manners and good behavior. I now have a copy for my Grandson!