Scott Fox' first book, Internet Riches, changed the way people thought about online marketing and building a legitimate business online. Scott Fox personal resume and credibility speaks for itself, having worked with Bill O'Reilly, Larry King and everyone in between.

What I most like about Scott and E-Riches is his approach. There are two key principles here: he explains concepts specifically and in plain English and two, he is a businessman and not just an online marketer. He has actually used the strategies that he reveals in detail to build his own online businesses with enormous success. So, again, credibility. Unlike most marketing authors, he has actually walked the walk.

E-Riches is an extraordinary book, full of key insights and specific "how to" recommendations to actually promote your business online and achieve measurable results in a short time period.

The chapters on E-Mail Publishing strategies are worth the investment in the book alone. I have personally used them with my own online businesses and can tell you from personal experience they work.

I am a professional SEO (Internet Marketing) Consultant myself and have a great deal of experience in the field. I only wish I could communicate what can often be complex topics with such clarity.

The latest rage, of course, is Social Media Marketing. For many of my clients, that's the first thing out of their mouth when we sit down to talk. Most people really don't understand what social media is, let alone how to use it in marketing their business. You will after you read this book.

E-Riches takes you through a high level view of how social media pertains to your business all the way through getting the most out of using MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn and others. You will even learn how to build your own Social Network Customer Community.

E-Riches is structured in a practical, easy to follow layout with each section detailing an important set of related strategies.

Part One: Learn how marketing has changed and the new rules are paramount to your success in business today.
Part Two: Email Strategies
Part Three: Social Media Marketing Success Strategies (LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace)
Part Four: Blogging for success, including success tips for using Twitter
Part Five: Getting the most out of online public relations
Part Six: Profiting from online broadcasting- EXCELLENT discussion of how to easily and affordably use video and podcasts to drive more traffic to your website
Part Seven: A quick discussion of pay per click marketing. Not much time is spent on this topic as E-Riches focuses much more on affordable and effective marketing strategies, not paid advertising. For great PPC training, I recommend anything by Perry Marshall.
Part Eight: This last part ties it all together and teaches you how to measure your success.

Looking at the above topics that are covered in plain English it is impossible to not find several specific marketing strategies that will propel you sales online, build your online credibility and increase traffic to your website exponentially.

If I sound enthusiastic about this book it's because I am. I make my living in the fascinating world of online marketing. I am not a theorist, if the strategies I implement for myself and my client don't work, I'm out of business.

I have personally used the specific marketing tactics E-Riches covers with very impressive results.

I hope you enjoy this book, you will quickly learn that you can market yourself and your business online without breaking the bank. And, you'll have a lot of fun doing it!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 22, 2010
I bought this book about 8 months ago with a number of others after not having much success in Affiliate Marketing. In a way it was a new start. I read this book first and then went onto "How I Made My First Million On The Internet And How You Can Too!" by Ewen Chia. Both these books were excellent for me. I had bought a number of basic courses on the internet before this, but hadn't got it right or didn't understand what I really needed to be doing. I found out later a common mistake. Reading the books and doing it at my own pace helped a lot. At the time I had also bought Scott Fox first book Internet Riches, however I found e-Riches 2.0 a little more up to date so if you're looking at purchasing both there is no real need.
Since that time I use both E-Riches 2.0 and How I Made My First.... as my reference books when I start a new Affiliate Marketing Project. For me this has worked really well. Like othe rpeople who have reviewed this book I agree it is for the Newbie to Affiliate Marketing which makes it very easy to understand and follow as you gain confidence and momentum in this form of marketing.
The book is not really for the more experienced to Online Marketing, but if you are experienced why are you looking for another book on the subject anyway?
Some of the things I really liked about the book was the way it addressed developing traffic to your site, email campaign strategies, self belief and addressing Social Media Strategies. The book is about 315 pages long and is written in an easy to understand informal manner. If you are a Newbie to Online Marketing than e-Riches 2.0 will help you.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
With a title like e-Riches, you might think this book about making money online. Its not. Its about online marketing strategies covering everything from list building, social networking, PR, and more. This book does a good job of providing an overview of current online marketing trends and resources (most of which are free or low cost) to the newbie online entrepreneur. If you're already successful online, then this book is probably not for you. But if you're new or struggling to make money online then e-Riches can give you ideas and resources to help.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Normally, I don't win things when there are drawings for prizes. The day I attended the Technology Council of Southern California for a seminar on Internet Marketing was an exception. I thoroughly enjoyed the seminar given by Mr. Scott Fox, and threw my business card in the hat for a drawing. As luck would have it, I won an autographed copy of his latest book, e-Riches 2.0. That was definitely my lucky day.

Fox makes it abundantly clear that internet marketing is in our future if we expect to be in business. More importantly, he shares his experience in the field of Internet Marketing where he has been very successful. He give practical and clear advice for the layperson and avoids the "geek speak" to which we are often subjected by those who wish to impress us and separate us from some of our profits.

In this very well written book, Fox gives us a complete view of the Internet Marketing landscape as it exists today. It is most useful to read to book from front to back, but it is laid out in such a logical manner that you could well jump into a section of particular interest to you without having to wade through everything that comes before it. In the first section, Fox makes the case for how 21st century marketing has changed and where it is likely headed. Section 2 covers e-Mail as the tool that is still doing the heavy lifting on Internet Marketing. In this section he discusses how to build your e-mail lists and how to properly use auto-responders. Section 3 addresses Social Media Marketing, the new kid on the block. Many of us who are just now scratching the surface of the Social Networking sites will find this section to be most informative and perhaps correct some misconceptions we've gathered along the way. Section 4 addresses the need for blogs and microblogs (Twitter). Section 5 delves into the realm of Public Relations on the Internet. PR is presented in the PROM format; Public Relations Opportunity Matrix. The focus here is to use what we have called "PR" in the past to be the driver for attracting visitors and SEO robots to your site. Section 6 is focused on Broadcasting on line to build your following and as a method for you to provide excellent, fresh content for your website and/or blog. As a bonus, Fox threw in section 7 to explain how and why we should use Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising. He is not confused about the difference between advertising and marketing. On the contrary, he is quite aware that this is an "off-topic" section for his book, but still necessary for those of us building a web presence. Finally, section 8 of the book details how we can and should measure the success of our marketing campaigns.

Fox has provided much useful detailed information for the reader as well as offers peppered throughout the book for free or limited time free access to additional information on his website. He thus models exactly what he is suggesting the reader needs to do to make the internet marketing campaign a success. For example, Fox lets us know that e-mails offering business info to professionals are usually best sent on Tuesdays. He acknowledges that there is no one best answer for your campaign and suggests that you use the statistics available to decide what is best for your marketing.

Perhaps the best advice I found in this book was to make sure you go slowly, check the data as you go, and for your blog, if you don't have something useful to say, don't say anything! In short, this book is definitely worth the read and will be on my desk as a reference as I work my way through the internet morass.
on November 23, 2010
The material in this book is very basic, how to use email, auto-responders, social media, network marketing, blogs, twitter, etc. I guess that I have read too many books on the subject to rate this book any higher. The author plugs himself throughout the entire book so that you go to his website. It got annoying. This book is for someone who has a website and is a beginner and doesn't know anything about marketing their website. If you have a website and you know what you are doing then this book is filled with basic marketing tools to promote your website. The book is not for someone looking for information about starting a web business. Unlike other books on the subject of e-commerce this book offered very little internet resources. Lastly, as boasted on the cover of the book, it is very unlikely that you will make millions and become a millionaire online using the author's marketing strategies presented in this book.
on June 25, 2009
The books are written so everyone, regardless of their knowledge level, can understand what Mr. Fox is trying to explain. He gives you the confidence and feeling that you can be successful no matter what. He breaks everything down in simple terms and phrases. Both of his books are a must read to anyone serious about making a living online.

I am so impressed with both books!! They are truly a must read for anyone wanting to make a living with an online business. I have had a couple of conversations with Mr. Fox by telephone and he is a great person to talk with about your ideas. He truly cares about everyone's success. He is a great motivator and more than willing to help you with your business needs and/or ideas. I look forward to future conversations with him.
on November 26, 2009
Having just read Scott Fox's first book, "Internet Riches", cover to cover numerous times, I bought "E-Riches" as soon as I knew it was available also.

It doesn't disappoint.

It provides more techniques in building a successful website in the same easy to understand writing style, without being overly technical in computer jargon, to those of us who aren't overly experienced in the internet medium.

However, if you have NOT read his first book, "Internet Riches", it is suggested you start there first, to get the basics of website design down, because "E-Riches" is a continuation of "Internet Riches". It picks up where "Internet Riches" left off.

Considering "E-Riches" is written almost three years after "Internet Riches", the Internet, like almost anything else, has evolved during this time. So, for someone like myself, a first time website building novice who just finished "Internet Riches" not very long ago, "E-Riches" can be a little overwhelming.

For example, you will learn that to expect to focus and rely on Search Engine Optimization for business success, as in the past, is going the way of the dinosaur for those who aren't willing (or able), to pay for sponsored listings.

In the book, Fox explains why and shows you other methods.

Having said that, unlike the vast number of so called marketing experts who would have you to believe internet business success can be yours overnight, he doesn't state this.

He DOES say that the possibilities for success in a medium that can reach 3 billion of the 6 billion people on this earth, can be had by YOU. It'll just take time to build your traffic.

Fox's credentials and proven case studies shown in the book, should help you on your way for online success, if you're willing to put in the effort.

Highly Recommended.
on November 4, 2009
e-Riches 2.0 discusses "Next Generation Marketing Strategies for Making Millions Online." While there is no guarantee of such stunning success, the author, Scott Fox, has credentials which suggest that he certainly knows his e-business. Fox has written a previously successful work, Internet Riches, and advises noted individuals and corporations. e-Riches 2.0 concentrates upon the use of Web 2.0 interactive social applications and techniques to market oneself and one's products. The work should be broadly useful to a number of audiences. All of us are, as Fox shows, increasingly the targets of on-line commercial campaigns. This work could well be the only introduction necessary to understand the technology and the motivations of such campaigns. I felt that e-Riches 2.0 exposed me to a great deal of useful information and I intend to adapt some of its techniques to our own operations at the Berglund Center.
For full review, see: Interface, Berglund Center for Internet Studies.
on July 28, 2009
I am a small business owner whose major marketing and sales channel is the web. While I am an expert in my service area I have never claimed to be an expert in anything related to online, web or technology. This book was perfect for me - it talked at my level, gave hundreds of incredibly useful tips and did so in a very accessible way. I now consider it my business bible - I am constantly reaching for it for new ideas and advice on how to get things done.

I also found the book to be very inspirational - and this can be critical for a business owner who is going it alone. At times it was like my cheerleading squad - giving me ideas, telling me how to execute and getting me excited to do so.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who wants to be successful in business. I truly believe there is something in it for everyone.
on October 29, 2009
This book is ambitious in it's scope and pulls it off. It's perfect for the new internet marketer because it touches nearly every aspect of how money is made online. It's organized in such a way that it can serve as a quick reference for certain areas like running teleseminars or affiliate marketing or a dozen other areas. If you know you need to be making money online but don't know where to start, pick up this book for ideas and getting a survey of the landscape. You'll also get an up to date toolkit, listing the resources that the pros use. If you are already doing stuff online, this book can still be a useful resource unless you are razor focused in one area. In that case you're better off getting a specialty book or course in your area of interest.