5.0 out of 5 stars Votive Candles a Real Value
I don't usually write a review of products. But when Amazon invited me to do so for this product, I was glad to to do so.

Published on February 2, 2010 by Flip Duris

3.0 out of 5 stars Candles
I thought the picture was decieving, the candels are a lot smaller than I expected. However, I will utilize them
Published 14 months ago by JENTRY A KOPASKA

5.0 out of 5 stars Votive Candles a Real Value, February 2, 2010
This review is from: Richland® Votive Candles White Unscented 10 Hour Burn Set of 72 (Kitchen)

I use a lot of candles because I have some fairly nice decorative holders and I like them lit, especially at night when watching a movie or listening to music. But I got tired of paying between 80 cents and a dollar on votive candles at retail shops. That gets expensive and that in turn discourages me from using them any time I feel like it.

So I did a search for candles on Amazon, found this product, and did a quick calculation on price. These candles, even factoring in the shipping, cost a little more than 40 cents a candle -- half price! So I ordered a box. But would they work as well as the store-bought ones?

Absolutely. Better. They last for a long time, longer than most I've bought in stores. I've never timed these, but 10 hours is what they advertise and that is probably about right. Many candles I have bought in the past last half that long. Also, I am midway through box two of these -- around 100 candles -- and have yet to run into a dud -- you know, when the candle burns too fast on one side and it collapses before the wax is used up, or the wick burns up before the wax does. Not one of these has done that to me. They all burn evenly and last the duration. Which only adds to the price savings: you're not throwing away defective ones.

And, because they burn all the way to the bottom, it is much easier to remove the remains of them from the holder as there is very little left at the bottom to discard.

They are not scented. So if you want scent, maybe you can buy a small box of scented candles and use one of them while burning two or three of these alongside.

These candles are not just a substantial value but are a superior product. I'm very happy I took a chance on them. And the more you use and enjoy them, the more you'll appreciate their advantages.

One more plus: these get delivered very quickly after ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dude, they're candles., April 4, 2010
I'm not sure how to review a candle, except to say that these do last a very long time. I'm happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked amazingly well once lit, November 17, 2010
These candles stood up to their name, they lasted a mere 10 hours! They did not have a scent and you can't beat the price. The only down side was that they are a little difficult to lite. Once lit though, they work very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Hour White Votives, May 12, 2011
It's important to use the seller's candle holders to ensure proper burning. Their products are reasonably priced and worth it. This company was extremely responsive and helpful when I had a problem with my first order. They called and explained the proper way to burn the candles and replaced everything. How many companies do that nowadays? Excellent experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great candles and great value!, July 22, 2011
E. Tedford (Charlottesville, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased a dozen of these votives (from the Quick Candles website) to use in a candleholder at my wedding. As I only need 10 for the candleholder, I gave one a "test burn" today. It burned for just over 7 hours, BUT I didn't put it in any sort of container, so I'm sure if it was enclosed (and the wax wasn't all running off across my paper plate) it would last much longer. And, it was near an air vent that was blowing consistently, which probably didn't help... but the flame didn't go out! In any case, I only needed about a 5-6 hour burn, so this is perfect!

The candles look very nice, and were well packed. I was concerned about heat in transit (I picked the cheapest/longest shipping option), but the candles all arrived in great condition, despite the 100+ degree temperature. They were a little bit stuck together, but not damaged in any way, and were perfect when I separated them. Altogether, a great purchase!

UPDATE: The candles burned for at least 6 hours at my wedding, and there's still about 1/2-3/4" of candle left in the bottom of each of the votive holders - they looked fantastic, and none of them went out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow..long burning candle, July 25, 2011
I purchased these candles for my daughter's wedding in August and they have an incredible burn time. We tested them and ours burned over 12 hours. We trimmed back the wick and placed them in the recommended glass votive holder and were amazed. After about an hour and a half the entire candle burns itself down to liquid and continued to hold a beautiful flame until we blew them out!!! Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 22, 2010
When designing outdoor weddings, I'm always on the look out for quality candles at a good price that are not going to "die" after one hour! These are the best and I will continue to use them.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a romantic night!, April 25, 2011
i bought these with just that in mind a romantic candle lite night, all i can say is nice! they didnt burn too fast or too slow. i can get many many many romantic nights out of just a few candles. and i bought 72! if i ever need candles again ill definanatly be getting these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Burning All Night, January 25, 2011
Cristina (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
Just bought these earlier in the week. Last night I lit one on my dresser an hour before bed, let it burn all night, woke up this morning and it is still burning 40 minutes after waking. Wonderful ambiance to fall asleep to a candle and wake to it still flickering strong. (Safely, of course, in a votive high on a dresser away from any fabrics or materials of any kind.) Has a very bright white light. I love these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lights up, December 16, 2013
Wedding use..just fine. The votives were used on the tables in the centerpieces and worked great. I have lots left over, but they will be put to good use.

Rate and Discover Movies