Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 31, 2014
I used this ebook to help plan my trip to Paris. What was useful was the information about the new microchip card that American Express and Visa have to use that is more secure when purchasing items in Europe as eventually here in the US. I was in time to get a new American Express card but not able to get one for my Visa as they are still working on it. I also learned about Wells Fargo has a special debit card to use in Europe so that it's not linked to your checking account but a separate account that you need to set up at the bank. The hotels and the cafes listed were okay but not any of the ones that we decided to choose to either stay or eat at.
on July 1, 2014
Rick Steves let me down this time! I purchased the book because I was headed to northern France for the summer. Unfortunately, if you are going north of Paris, this book is no help at all. Otherwise it seems to be as good as usual, but should not be called "France."
on January 24, 2014
After seven trips to Italy with the RS guide in hand we're branching out to France this May. Steves' approach to travel is refreshing and his tips on travelling light and becoming part of the local culture have made previous trips memorable.
on April 12, 2014
This e-book makes planning my trip much easier. I can mark and make notes that are saved. Now I don't have to carry a bulky and heavy book on the trip. While reading I can click on a link and make all the reservations while reading.!!! Super!
on May 20, 2014
I have bought several Rick Steves books in the past and I have found them very helpful in planning my European trips. He gives great insights about how to save time avoiding lines by buying tickets in other ways than standing in line at the site. His restaurant suggestions are usually very good. This is the first time I bought the kindle edition. I normally like to have the book in hand when traveling, but I love the fact that I can clink on the link in the book and it takes you to the website for the hotel, restaurant or tour.
on July 22, 2015
I bought this book with a specific area in mind, but it was really kind of sparse for that area. I have a family member living near Kaiserslautern, and was looking for things nearby. Unfortunately, that part of France and Germany is not particularly tourist oriented. However, I feel better about using Rick Steves' web site after having paid him for this book. The web site has an amazing level of useful information for travel in Europe. Rick's people update this every year, and has useful changes to what's in and what's out. We discovered this the hard way on our trip to Spain a few years ago using an outdated book. I did buy the latest version before we travelled.
on February 25, 2016
Rick Steves is the king of European guidebooks for Americans. His guide to France is an indispensable resource for the traveler. His food recommendations have definitely improved of late. Now that Rick is in love, I think his writing has gotten even better.
on May 14, 2014
This book is very informative. We recently visited France starting in Arles going to Paris then to Normandy. The information in this book was a very big help in deciding which historical sites, markets, shopping and museums to visit. It also was one of the keys in helping us decide which areas in France to visit since the only dead set date was meeting up with friends in Paris midway through our trip.
I highly recommend this book to anyone planning on visiting France this year.
on October 27, 2014
Rick certainly knows Europe however we found this guide didn't include many towns worth visiting on our recent trip. Perhaps his other books on specific regions are more complete. Many of his hotels & restaurants are expensive if you're on a budget. It was & is good reference material on the places that we did have in common. We enjoyed eating at three of his recommended reasonably priced restaurants but, for the most part "winged it" with very good results.
on February 26, 2015
I wrote a similar review about Rick Steves' Paris Guide. His information is very much up to date (at least as of publishing date), and he does a great job suggesting things a bit off the path but worth seeing, as well as a few "must see" things from the other usual guidebooks that are not worth the effort.