5.0 out of 5 stars FRANCE 2014
Love it. We are planning a trip and this is sooooo helpful. His website is also helpful. The book is easy to use.
Published 5 months ago by christine balascoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much outdated information
Published 2 months ago by Kathleen Conahan

5.0 out of 5 stars FRANCE 2014, February 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, April 12, 2014
Amazon Customer (Pleasant Hill, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This e-book makes planning my trip much easier. I can mark and make notes that are saved. Now I don't have to carry a bulky and heavy book on the trip. While reading I can click on a link and make all the reservations while reading.!!! Super!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much outdated information, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Rick Steves' France 2014 (Paperback)
I generally love the Rick Steves series. However, this one had too much outdated information (prices of things were quite a bit higher than quoted on admissions in museums in Paris) Also, no information about Marseilles, France's second city. Lacks information for restaurants close to the main attractions in Paris. Insufficient information about getting around by train. For example, between major cities, if you desire second class tickets, you should buy well in advance because if you wait till a day before travel, you will most probably have to buy a first class ticket. This happened to us twice on a recent trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's the best, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Rick Steves' France 2014 (Paperback)
He is on the money, down to the number of steps one needs to take. great resource.
We used his Italy book 5 years ago and are back for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great self guided tours, May 14, 2014
This book is very informative. We recently visited France starting in Arles going to Paris then to Normandy. The information in this book was a very big help in deciding which historical sites, markets, shopping and museums to visit. It also was one of the keys in helping us decide which areas in France to visit since the only dead set date was meeting up with friends in Paris midway through our trip.
I highly recommend this book to anyone planning on visiting France this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars He is the best!, March 18, 2014
Jen (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rick Steves' France 2014 (Paperback)
Rick Steves is the best!! This book is no exception. I buy his books before I travel. He has a way of explaining things that gives you the confidence to travel like a local.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always the best travel advice...we've used Rick Steve's books for years!, March 16, 2014
Always the best travel advice and tips. We've used Rick Steve's books for many years and trips...and we are travel agents ourselves!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rick is my travel guru, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Rick Steves' France 2014 (Paperback)
After seven trips to Italy with the RS guide in hand we're branching out to France this May. Steves' approach to travel is refreshing and his tips on travelling light and becoming part of the local culture have made previous trips memorable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do everything, but what it does, it does well, April 23, 2014
Rick Steves guidebooks are perfect for those who are a little nervous about new places and need a lot of very explicit how-to's and hand-holding. As very seasoned and intrepid independent travelers and former tour leaders ourselves, we seldom fall into that category. However, next month we're traveling to a number of previously unvisited places in Spain, rural Portugal and France's Dordogne, and I find Rick's detailed, focused info on the areas he considers worthy of attention helpful, since some of them coincide with out own travel objectives this time around. For those areas of France (or other countries in his other guides) he's not fond of, you can forget it -- you're just plain out of luck. Historical/cultural information is skimpy though enthusiastic. I am a 1110% backer of his back-door philosophy of travel and wish fervently that more Americans would adopt it. My husband and I too often find ourselves embarrassed by fellow American travelers who bring a lot of ignorance and a boatload of unrealistic expectations in their oversized luggage!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, July 4, 2014
We bought the Kindle edition. Found it very hard to find things and places. Only well traveled, "tourist" areas covered in any depth. There seemed to be an emphasis on hiking tours and trails, which is very good for those who can, but not so good for those of us who are car bound. Would have like more in the way of local driving tours.

All in all, it was a disappointment.

Rick Steves' France 2014
Rick Steves' France 2014 by Rick Steves (Paperback - January 7, 2014)
$25.99 $19.70