Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Ricoh CX5 10 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 10.7x Opt...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 71% off the $399.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Ricoh CX5 10 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 10.7x Optical Zoom (Black)
- 10-megapixel, back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 10.7x optical zoom (equivalent to 28-300mm for 35mm film cameras)
- Image sensor shift image stabilizer; high-speed autofocus
- Capture 1280x720 HD movies at 30 frames per second
- Record images and movies to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||920,000|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC card, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||Contrast AF (Multi, Spot, Continous, Snap)|
|Focus Type||Autofocus & Manual|
|ISO Range||Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600,3200|
|Image Aspect Ratio||1:1, 4:3, 3:2|
|Item Dimensions||2.32 x 1.14 x 4.02 inches|
|Item Weight||0.45 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||1 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.5 - F5.6|
|Maximum Focal Length||300 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||3,648|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||8 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Processor Description||Smooth Imaging Engine IV|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion DB-100 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
From the Manufacturer
The Ricoh CX5 digital camera features a wide-angle, high-magnification 10.7x optical zoom (28-300 mm) lens, which has a higher autofocus speed due to the use of Ricoh's new hybrid AF system. With the new CX5, AF focusing times are decreased to as low as 0.2 sec. for both wide-angle 28 mm and telephoto 300 mm, up to half as short compared to the CX4, using Ricoh's unique new hybrid AF system; this ensures that you reliably capture the image you were waiting for, and never miss another good shot again.
Using super-resolution technology, the CX5 also allows (1) recording of images with improved resolution using the "Super-resolution" setting and (2) telephoto shooting at up to 600mm equivalent with minimal degradation in image quality using "Super-resolution Zoom."
Furthermore, in addition to the new Cooking, Fireworks, and Continuous Golf Swing scene modes, the CX5 has improved features that make shooting photographs even more fun through the use of super-resolution zoom during Zoom Macro mode shooting and other functions.
Ricoh CX5 Digital Camera Highlights
High-speed autofocus using the unique hybrid AF system developed by Ricoh
- Equipped with Ricoh's unique new hybrid AF system in combination with a passive AF sensor that continuously measures the distance between the camera and subject using an area sensor together with Contrast AF (a system in which the imaging elements search for the peak location for contrast on the subject and focus on that location).
- Enables AF focusing times to be shortened to as low as 0.2 sec. for both wide-angle 28 mm and telephoto 300 mm, up to half as short compared to the CX4 model. Ensures that you capture the image you were waiting for over the entire zoom range so that you never miss another good shot again.
- Enables amazing photographs with high resolution to be produced using the CX5's new super-resolution technology, which discerns outlines, details, and gradations in the image automatically and processes the image based on the optimal settings for each. The level of super-resolution can be set to OFF, Weak, or Strong.
- Allows a wide-angle, high-magnification 10.7x optical zoom lens to fit into a compact body with a thickness of 29.4 mm using Ricoh's unique retracting lens system.
- Equipped with super-resolution zoom that enables magnification of up to 2.0x. Enables telephoto shooting at up to 600 mm equivalent with minimal degradation in image quality.
- Enables even greater magnification of the subject from super-resolution zoom with use of digital zoom. Allows photographs to be taken with ultra-telephoto zoom at up to 2880 mm.
- Offering reduced loss of detail in highlights using an output pixel interpolation algorithm residing in dedicated logic circuits in the Smooth Imaging Engine IV imaging engine to allow high-contrast scenes to be reproduced more faithfully, exactly as they appear to the naked eye.
- Reduces noise without affecting resolution, tone characteristics, or color using a noise reduction algorithm to process the image signal as it is output from the CMOS image sensor. Enables sophisticated variance-estimation type noise reduction processing in which the sensor image data's noise variance is analyzed and the optimum processing is done for each region when the noise reduction level is set to MAX.
- Equipped with a back-illuminated 10.00 million-pixel CMOS sensor. Ensures that beautiful images can be captured even in dark scenes.
- Comes with a new Cooking mode that is perfect for shooting photographs of food. The new Cooking mode setting enables the brightness and color tone of the scene to be adjusted while the subject is checked.
- Includes a new Fireworks mode that works great for taking shots of fireworks as they flash across the sky.
- Comes with a new Golf Swing Continuous mode that displays grid lines during shooting and playback. Perfect to use for checking your golf swing.
- Enables super-resolution zoom to be used in Zoom Macro mode, which optimizes the zoom position automatically to allow the subject to be shot even larger than with normal macro shooting. Allows the subject to be shot even larger without any degradation of image quality as with normal zoom.
- Comes with six different types including Soft Focus, Cross Process, Toy Camera, and Miniaturize that can be selected to fit the subject and type of scene. Allows you to enjoy shooting images with a variety of effects.
- Equipped with a large, high-definition LCD monitor that has a wide viewing angle and high contrast. With a fluorine coat to prevent soiling, a hard coat to prevent scratches, and an anti-reflection (AR) coat designed to protect the screen against dirt and damage and guarantee excellent visibility even outdoors in direct sunlight.
- Reproduces image colors vividly with sRGB comparison of 100% for the color reproduction range.
- Equipped with new HDMI terminals. Allows high-definition (HD) movies with a frame size of 1280 x 720 pixels to be viewed on an HD TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately).
- Comes equipped with macro shooting functions that allow you to get as close to the subject as 1 cm for wide-angle and 28 cm for telephoto. Equivalent to 31 mm for 35-mm film equivalents.
- Enables high-speed continuous shooting at speeds of up to approx. 5 frames/sec.
- Equipped with Scene Auto Mode, which automatically switches to the optimal shooting settings for the scene when the camera is merely pointed at a scene.
- Comes with Subject-tracking AF, which continuously tracks and focuses on the subject automatically.
- The CX5 is compatible with Eye-Fi cards (X2 Series), SD memory cards with built-in wireless LAN functionality, which enables captured images to be transferred wirelessly to a computer or online image sharing service automatically. An icon will appear while an Eye-Fi card is being used to display the communications status.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
This camera has some unique features. #1 is the ability to shoot intervals. Very few cameras have that feature---I know of only a couple. This allows you to set the camera to take an image every 5 seconds-5 minutes-or 1 hour---etc. You set the time. This is so cool. You can get time lapse movies of the weather changing, clouds boiling, the dogs while you're out, nature shots, a complete dinner party from prep to complete---time lapse is a lot of fun.
That said, I HIGHLY recommend this camera.
The camera is a little bigger and heavier than some of the newer, super compact cameras, but it's still small enough to fit in most camera cases or your back pocket. It's heavier because it is made of metal instead of cheap plastic (which I think is a good thing). The great optical zoom also makes for a bigger camera. I think it takes fantastic pictures. It has many options for different settings. Compared to all the other cameras I've owned, this one took the best low light photos. It also took incredible macro photos, and firework photos. Another of my favorite options was the continuous mode.
I don't like that the flash is on the same side as the button, because it's very easy to cover with your hand when taking pictures. I got used to it, but almost every time I asked someone else to take a picture, they would cover it. When the flash is set to auto, it often wouldn't go off when it probably should have, resulting in dark photos. Many times, I had to manually turn the flash on, which was annoying.
It's really difficult to find a reasonbly priced camera that takes perfect pictures and has all the functions anyone might want. This camera isn't for everyone, but it was great for me! I would highly recommend the Ricoh CX5, expecially for the price.
It malfunctioned in the spring of 2012.
(When I turned the camera off, the lens kept retracting and extending and retracting and extending. The only way to "turn the camera off" was to take the battery out.)
Ricoh repaired it under warranty for no cost.
On December 1, 2012, the camera had EXACTLY the same malfunction.
I'm sending it to Ricoh again, but by now the warranty has run out.
But I won't pay to have the same repair made twice.
If the camera is no good, I am going to buy a replacement from Canon or Nikon.
You may not have this problem if you buy one, but thought it would be a good idea to issue this warning.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Previous model was excelent. This one has some defficiencies. It takes photos yes, but not great ones. Sometimes it doesnt focus accordingly. Read morePublished on December 15, 2013 by Katuska Miletich
I titled this review "pocket camera" because it is way beyond "point-and-shoot."
The CX5 is chock full of features that would normally be found in a much more expensive SLR,... Read more