Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Ricoh Theta Digital Camera (White)" and save 43% off the $399.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Ricoh Theta Digital Camera (White)
- 360 Degree spherical panoramic camera w/ 4GB internal memory
- Wireless Sharing: Spherical images can be easily shared with friends by posting to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr directly from iOS and Android apps.
- The app can be used to take remote images. The app expands your flexibility by allowing you to capture images when standing away from RICOH THETA.
- You can use the app to view spherical images. The app allows you to swipe and pinch spherical images so you can find and enjoy your favorite perspective!
- You can register location information in spherical images by connecting your RICOH THETA wirelessly to your smart phone and using the phone's GPS information. Use location information to expand the ways you use and enjoy spherical images.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology||Auto: 3.93" (9.98 cm) - Infinity|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Effective Still Resolution||16|
|Exposure Control Type||Automatic|
|External Memory Included||No|
|ISO Range||ISO 100~1600|
|Item Dimensions||5.08 x 0.9 x 1.65 inches|
|Item Display Weight||95 grams|
|Item Weight||0.25 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.5 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||2.75 grams|
|Macro Focus Range||10cm|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year parts and labor|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/7.5 of a second|
|Minimum Focal Length||25 mm|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Shipping Weight||0.93 pounds|
|Software Included||Downloadable at https://theta360.com/en/about/theta/|
|Viewfinder Type||fixed LCD|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
Everything negative that you have read about this camera is probably true. Please understand that I love this camera to pieces. But I'm not a complete idiot. Here is my take on the worst problems.
Internet Connectivity and Image Accessibility
The Android and iOS apps can now share images to their device's
Gallery. The images can be uploaded To Google+ And shared or not according to your preferences or Google maps if you've allowed GPS location info to be transferred from the phone and are comfortable with public view.
On Google+, viewers can look at the necessarily distorted static images or switch into the full 360 immersive mode.
I think that this represents real progress in just a couple of months.
What I consider to be its worst problem is correctable in software: Ricoh Pentax have not released code in any form (source, binary, app, servlet, library) that allows for the independent display of the .jpg images produced by the Theta. Currently, the only approved way to get an image on the internet is to use either Ricoh's free iOS app or Microsoft's Photosynth app to push the image to Ricoh's servers at theta360.com. Having done that, one can link to the page on which the image resides (not the image itself). Let's say that you have a blog and want to show someone a 360 degree view that you've taken. In your blog text, you'd insert a link to image page on theta360.com.Read more ›
- Easy to use, little to no setup required. Just push the shutter and it takes the photos.
- iPhone interface is responsive. App is very intuitive and easy to use.
- Very small and you can take everywhere. Fits in any pocket . Due to its size you can get it into some very tight spaces which result in very unique perspectives.
- Because it does have a tripod mount you can mount it under a quadcopter and take some amazing aerial shots.
- Over priced for what it does.
- I had hope for larger resolution. At the moment if outputs images that are 3584 x 1792 pixels.
- Very grainy images in low light conditions
- Seem visible when one side requires an exposure that is very different from the other. For example sunrise or sun set.
I'll be sticking to my panoramic head and DSLR for now. But once this technology matures it will surely replace conventional methods of capturing panoramic photos.
The pictures this camera takes must be viewed using special software to get the real experience of it. Sure, you can just load them up on your computer and view them as-is, but they are not a wonder to behold as much as they look like some kind of acid trip. Viewing them with the special software is really best, and there are a couple options for this.Read more ›
Sure, you can get much higher quality panos if you get a DSLR, a fisheye lens, a special panoramic head, a tripod and picture stitching software but the process is long and tedious and requires a commitment in learning the software.
(You could do spherical type panoramas with 360 Panorama and Photosynth apps on the iPhone but getting the images to line up perfectly is frustrating unless you get a Youbiq Gymbal)
The quality of the images from this camera could be much better, [low light sucks] but it still acceptable to me for what it is. It really depends on your expectations.
One shot operation.
Charges via USB.
Remote shooting and optional transferring via iPhone. (Always choose COPY and leave the original hi-res photo on the camera for later downloading and retrieval.)
You need a Facebook account to share images via Ricoh's site. BOOO!!
Tripod hole threads are plastic.
Micro USB Port has a flimsy plastic cover tab which gets in the way.
No time delay shutter. (I guess they want you to use the iPhone or Android device).
If you shoot directly with the shutter button on the camera, your hand will be prominent. Get a manicure.
(It is much better to mount on tripod and step back from camera to shoot.)
Terrible picture quality in low light.
Other than that, I commend Ricoh for coming out with this camera. Hopefully, this is the first in a future line of amazing 360 cameras.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well, it is one of a kind and extremely easy to use. Just screw it onto a selfie stick, decide the position and use your smartphone to click. The best way to take photospheres.Published 8 months ago by Krishanu
I've been involved in 360 panoramic photography for many years. Usually the process involves a number of photographs and a lot of hoping that nothing moves in the process. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Brad Rudacille
I need to take photos of existing homes and businesses in order to create building plans for my design and drafting business. This camera is a god-send. Read morePublished 15 months ago by CADmeister
Warning! This is the original Theta, not the new cheaper Theta M15 with video recording and faster wifi. (The theta360.com site incorrectly links to this product page.)Published 15 months ago by Noirist
First 360 degree surrounding camera, lightweight, compatable with different OS.
The image quality could be higher - about 10 megapixels.
This camera is outstanding! It is very easy to use, and the Android app works really well with the camera.Published 16 months ago by Bradley Lands