Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ride-On Tire Balancer and Sealant - 8oz. - M/C 41208
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2013
I was skeptical but now I am a believer! Let me start by saying that it just must be my magnetic personality that attracts screws and nails to vehicle tires, because I have had three flats (2 bike, 1 car) in the last 4 months. The latest prompted me to try Ride-On. Just as I was finishing up break-in miles on a new motorcycle, I picked up a #6 deck screw smack dab in the middle of the rear tire contact patch. Is was a pretty bad leak. After nursing the bike home 10 miles, stopping at every gas station along the way to air up, I decided to try this stuff; I just hated the idea of tossing a brand new tire.

With the bike on the center stand, I backed the screw out, and the leak was so bad that the tire would hold no pressure at all. I removed the valve core with the supplied tool, dumped in the bottle, reinstalled the core and aired up the tire to about 20 lbs.. (Luckily, the hole was aligned with the Schrader valve, so all the compound was initially laying right over the hole.) At first, about a half ounce of compound just slowly squirted out the hole and formed a crater on garage floor, and I thought, "this leak was just going to be more than it could fix." Then, after about 15 seconds it stopped coming out. So I aired it up all the way, and although it was weeping a dab of compound it seemed to be holding. Went for a short ride in the neighborhood and rechecked air pressure. So far, so good. Went out for about 20 miles, and the next day, the tire is still holding pressure, like nothing ever happened.

Sold!! I'm ordering enough of this stuff to do the tires on both of my motorcycles. I know it doesn't cover the entire tread area, and I have to be realistic about what it is and what it does, but figure its cheap insurance against the most likely area of the tire to get punctured. The balancing effect is a great added side benefit. I ride a lot and spend enough money already on tires, so anything that can help me get full life out of them and reduce the possibility of ending up on the side of the road gets 5 stars from me. Be sure to check the dosage chart on the Ride On website before you order. Most rear tires will likely need more than one bottle. I figure the 200 rear on my heavy cruise will take 2.
on November 11, 2013
I bought it to use primarily as a balancer for a tire change. It worked better than the wheel weights that were installed by the shop on my last tire. The puncture sealant function is, to me, merely a nice reassurance to have in the tire. Easy to install - comes with the tool.

Update: after a few hundred miles ridden, Ride-On is still working as advertised. Even in sub-freezing temps, my tire feels perfectly balanced.
on July 23, 2012
I have put about 2000 K on my bike since using Ride-On. I removed my weights at the time and have noticed no shake or shimmy. If anything the bike seems to ride smoother than before. I check my tires weekly for punctures and have not found any so cannot comment on it's sealing ability.
on March 3, 2013
Have tried different ways to balance motorcycle tires and had them proffesionaly balanced.
is hard to perfectly balance antique motorcycles tires and rims. newer tires are designed for tubeless applications.
the tube is not always perfect.
well removed the weigths, added 8 ounces of ride on on each tire and never had a problem with balancing again.
on February 15, 2013
I've been using Ride-On almost since I got my m/c about 4 years ago. I now have over 20K it and have never had a tire problem. Some of the negative reviews here state that it didn't seal their flat. Well, I can't comment on that because I never had a flat. Was it because of Ride-On or not? I don't know. What I can testify to is the ability of this product to "micro" balance tires. My bike had a slight, though annoying, vibration through the floorboards at around 70 mph. After reading about Ride-On I decided to try it for the vibration and it worked great! When my rear tire needed replacement I rode without Ride-On and the slight vibration was back. So, I installed Ride-On into the new rear tire and, once again, the vibration was gone! It's worth it for this reason alone! I left the weights on the tires which is why I call it "micro" balancing. I'm about to replace my front tire and I'll have Ride-On waiting at my home to install immediately. Reading their website it doesn't claim to fix all flats, and recommends having the tire inspected by a professional when it does. Personally, riding on only 2 tires is enough reason for me to have it looked at and not trust any product that claims to seal flats! If it simply seals it long enough for me to get safely home, then it's done it's job. Installation is a snap and the extra peace of mind, and loss of vibration in my case, is well worth the cost.
on May 4, 2013
Was looking at possibly using balance beads on my bike, but instead decided to go with Ride-On based on feedback from multiple riders. This stuff is easy to install. Comes with installation tube, and a tire valve extraction tool. The first ride after installing, I noticed a difference in the road noise, and the handling improvement. The added peace of mind of knowing that I'm covered in case of puncture is an added bonus.
on May 3, 2012
A friend convinced me to try Ride-On, saying why not kill two birds with one stone as here to fore I had always used Dyno Beads.
Well, I did, but I'm not sold. Recent stories of the stuff drying up and becoming useless and I don't feel that smooth ride
I did with the Dyno Beads.

Maybe it's just me. I read their ads and disclaimers and made a decision I'll live with, but had I to do it again I would
have stayed with the Dyno Beads. I've been riding 40 years and have never had a flat tire (knock on wood).

I would not discourage any one from trying it. I just don't think it's for me. Others swear by it. Guess it's just a matter
of preference.

Amazon and the store that sold the Ride-On get a 5 star rating.
on September 25, 2013
Good stuff. I love that I didn't have to balance the motorcycle tires. The only challenge was that the bottles were not full. Called Ride-On and they sent me a bottle free of charge to make up what I was missing. My Kawasaki Versys couldn't ride any smoother. When starting out for a ride it is smooth right from the start. This winter I will see if it stays the same. I mention this because I've read that when you start out it can take a minute for the stuff to rebalance, especially when cold.
I wanted to put this in my car tires however Ride-On says to balance car tires first. That added expense defeats part of my reason for using it in car tires. I will buy again for my motorcycle.
on July 1, 2014
I have been using Ride-On for the last 12,000+ miles in a set of Michelin PR3 tires. When I mounted the tires, I never balanced them with wheel weights. Never any problems with the balance or flats.
I know have Ride-On in my new PR4's. This is a lot of money for what you get, but it does do what it advertises. I will keep using Ride-On.
on December 24, 2015
Love it, has saved my butt twice, help me get to a gas station, pull the offending object out, air up ride in figure 8's air up again and ride for 250mi+ to a BMW dealer to get a new tube, once home first thing was to add Ride-On again!