Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on August 26, 2010
This jig saw works very well. The attachment is tough to remove for bevel cuts. However, this saw cuts well. I purchased Bosch blades. I got it 2 weeks ago at Home Depot for $79.99 and it was a regular markdown. It seems like it will get phased out. The first time I placed the T-blade in, it was tough to get the catch to hold. BUt maybe it has to be loosened up. It works great now.
on November 4, 2012
This is a solid jig saw for the money. It is fine for the average user, however, If you are a contractor who needs a very accurate cutting jig saw (cabinetry modifications, etc) go with the Fein.
on April 26, 2010
I have five other Ridgid power tools and they're all great, which is why I bought the Ridgid jigsaw. Having used it for one day I have to say I'm disappointed. It cuts, seems solid, will probably last a long time, and comes with a lifetime warranty, so it could be a lot worse. I particularly like the smooth startup. There are three main problems though:
1) You can't cut a bevel without removing the plastic vacuum attachment. What sort of design is that!?
2) Removing the vacuum attachment is a real pain. It's almost as if it's press fitted into the shoe, and it clips to the underside of the body for added inconvenience. Maybe mine was defective, but it took me several minutes to get it apart and it didn't seem like it was meant to be removed.
3) The clear plastic chip guard is also a nuisance to install and remove, feels flimsy, and gets covered with dust so quickly that you can't see through it long enough to complete a 6" cut.

If the vacuum attachment didn't clip to the underside of the body there would be no need to remove it for bevels. I'm tempted to cut off the clip, but I just wish it had been better designed in the first place.
on August 26, 2010
Bought this saw 2 weeks age from Home Depot at a great price- $69.00. It was a bit heavy but the saw itself worked great, better than my 3 amp Craftsman. Used the Ridgid for 20 minutes then the blade started to skew to the left. It ruined the piece of cabinet I was working on. Thought it was my blades. Went to Home Depot and bought a new pack of Bosch blades. Same thing happened. A few days later, I went to exchanged it at a different Home Depot for another one. Used it for 20 minutes...again skewed to the left. Wrote Ridgid because I would have really like to keep the saw. They offered no remedy and just said to return it to the place of purchase. I will be buying a Bosch. Can't waste any more time or ruin any more pieces of my work with a saw that can't cut straight.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...