Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Ridiculous topic on Amazon UK

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2012 12:41:47 PM PDT
M. Smith says:
Believe it or not there is actually a fairly lengthy forum on Amazon UK regarding this game and how they are upset that it involves killing British soldiers. Some people are beyond words. First off at that time they weren't British they were English soldiers, second any attempt to tie that military to current British military is a stretch, third when you have a population of people who are constantly being mistreated through the actions of an insane king what did they think would happen. The primary reason for those people to move here was for religious freedom and reduce the amount mistreatment by their King. Ridiculous topic to even bring up on an Amazon forum but surprised me nonetheless.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:21:07 PM PDT
Nate says:
And yet, when other videogames like Call of Duty involve killing Russians, Germans, Americans, Middle Eastern, Africans, Latin Americans, and even British people (like the SAS troops), no one says a word. It's people like on those forums that ruins the game for everyone and it just pisses me off. It makes you wonder how strong ignorance can be...

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 10:08:45 AM PDT
H. Jones Jr says:
Actually, it's not quite true that no one has said a word. I remember a great deal of commotion generated by the MW2 "No Russian" mission. And Yahtzee, a somewhat well known gamer satirist is constantly whining about the enemies being Russian in these COD games. The bottom line is that people take movies/games/TV entirely too seriously. As someone who was brought up Catholic, I could take offense at the AC series if I chose to since the games show the church in a poor light. But I don't, because I understand that it's a fictionalized video game. I didn't like how at the end of MW2 I had to kill fellow American soldiers who were probably not completely aware of Shepherd's intentions and were just following orders. However, I still understood that it's just a game. I wouldn't say it's ignorance so much as people just need to chill out and accept that a fictional story in a video game has no bearing on reality. All that said I'm getting psyched about AC3!

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:08:38 PM PDT
Britt K says:
And here I thought political correctness was just an American disease...

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 9:30:55 PM PDT
M. Smith says:
The most insane thing about his objection is his problem with a game where fictitious computer generated English soldiers, with no actual bloodlines are being killed by a fictional master assassin. So he has a big problem with that but says nothing about the ACTUAL slaughter of American soldiers that occurred in many battles by his beloved Red-Coats. If anything it should be upsetting to us to see American soldiers being killed by his Red-Coats as that ACTUALLY HAPPENED. There are zero reports of any instance where a super assassin came flying out of trees and killed English. Reports of American Indians doing this did happen, I'm thinking they still can't get over the fact that we kicked their ass and they were incapable of adapting to our guerrilla fighting style. At that time our victory was a devastating blow to them. To put into perspective, would be like our Military being defeated by the Taliban (however you spell their jacked up name).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 1:10:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2012 6:13:05 PM PDT
H. Jones Jr says:
You could be right. Even to this day, though they are America's ally, a lot of Brits bear a very mild attitude toward the Yanks. I just think it's people take things far too seriously. I'm American, but I have German/Danish/Swiss/Welsh/possibly other heritage, and yet I have no problem poking fun at any of those countries (yes that includes the US). It's PC run amok, same problem pretty much everywhere, I guess. People are always ready to be offended...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 8:42:07 AM PDT
Azhrei says:
lol actually that's exactly how the church was back then if you know any history at all. corrupt, murderous, tyrannical. If you spoke against the church you were racked and put to death..... hell you heard of the salem witch trials right? And that wasn't as long ago as the times in AC 1 to revelations. I know the templars were real too but idk if they were the "bad guys" in reality or if the "assassins" were real either like the Stone Masons (colonial america) were. Yes some of AC is fictional...... but some isn't.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 10:29:50 PM PDT
J. Thompson says:
Also you don't just kill redcoats in the game. Templars in the AC universe ally themselves with power and there was nothing more powerful in the known world than the Bristish military. It like's how Rodrigo become the Pope...he did it for power but also because of how easily it would help him achieve his goals on Italy.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 12:37:09 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
There is plenty of history involving england raping and murdering other smaller groups of people. Next we'll complain that nazis shouldnt be getting shot in video games. Well if the shoe fits....then sorry shoot them all. Get over yourselves britain. And btw, OUR country(america) was created because rich, white, slave owning men didnt want to pay taxes. Food for thought lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,172)