Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 20, 2012 11:07:50 AM PDT
Am I the only person who was completely turned off by that trailer?
I was looking forward to a new metal gear game then saw the pictures (I haven't yet read anything about it). My first thought was "please don't make this another raiden game".

Then... the video...
After seeing that garbage I wouldn't pay $20 for this game. Sorry konami, count me out.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 5:49:56 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
To each their own, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm curious to see where they go with it myself.

Posted on May 1, 2012 5:18:48 AM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
i'm too turned off by the word "Revengeance" to even be bothered to watch the trailer. Revengeance? Really Japan?

Posted on May 9, 2012 3:45:02 AM PDT
I wonder how many people who are complaining about Rising and DmC, are also saying CoD is the same old thing every year? People love to complain when things stay the same, but then turn around and darn near riot in the streets when publishers and developers try something different.

I enjoy the Metal Gear games and I enjoy everything Platinum Games has done so far, picking this up is a given.

Posted on May 18, 2012 6:01:39 AM PDT
knowidea says:
if the video was cheeze, just wait til gameplay...

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:07:21 AM PST
Darkshadow says:
Ha! Revengeance...

I was also turned off by the game play... Maybe they are trying to one-up Capcom in the "how different can we make a sequel to the point it doesn't look one thing like the franchise, yet they still eat it up?" Another poster claims it will still be a "stealth RPG". So I will wait and see. A little more action would be nice, incredible hulk with a sword, meh.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 8:27:24 AM PST
Dawn M says:
This isn't the first time they have ventured away from their normal gameplay formula. A!CD anyone?

I like to see developers take a risk and change things up a bit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so we'll just wait and see. Honestly I'm more upset by Michael Ironside no longer voicing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Blacklist, and feel they should have just gone with a new character and given Fisher a supporting role.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 2:08:53 PM PST
its looking like bayonetta, but better, which is amazing. just wait for the next MGS fanboys

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:07:18 AM PST
ripoff of mg name. hit bargain bin fast gameplay people played hated it or just ok. pass...

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 5:29:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 5:32:35 PM PST
Jroc says:
Its not like a stealth RPG from playing the demo. You can sneak up on ppl.. and stealth kill...but its just off somehow. You cant tell if you are in their line of sight or not or of they can or cant see you. Its nothing like a traditional stealth game, like traditional MG games or Splinter Cell. Those are stealth games. There is no way to really hide once the alert is on. You cant duck or lay flat....

And doing that Blade Mode is frustrating. Luckily you can use the buttons...but you get extra stuff using Blade Mode. And trying to Parry with these fast moving enemies....really frustrating.

This game plays like Ninja Blade or Ninja Gaiden 2. All I will say is just get the demo and decide for yourself. I dont like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 11:58:09 AM PST
since when is Metal gear a stealth RPG?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Xbox 360
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Xbox 360 by Konami (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (194)