Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on May 5, 2007
This book is a rare read of someone's CFS soul journey to complete healing. So many of us are IN the journey and I thrive when exposed to people's stories...particularly Alissa's. I could relate to it on the deepest of levels and steep in the inspiration and altered perspective it gave me.

This was the first book in years I couldn't put down. She hooked me from the start, knowing she has experienced healing on several levels (physical-spiritual-emotional) and simply is 'one of us' in having CFS.

I have since gained a renewed sense of self... reading through her story helped me give voice to parts of me and mine that hadn't yet been heard and encouraged me to continue the journey by intuitively seeking more creative means and trusting this process despite past trials and perceived failures. I have not been a child of incest...but I have had CFS for 12 years and a history of trauma and profound loss.

This book simply brought me a greater freedom to be in this life with this condition and dig a bit deeper trusting my soul to carry me through...because I do see the light...I may not be clear how long it will take to arrive, what that arrival will be...but I see it and it's divine!
on March 23, 2007
Riding Grace was a gripping read. It is an intimate portrayal of a woman's healing journey, that moved me to turn inward to confront some of my own demons. I've long been interested in reading about people who have undergone deep transformations, but this one is more authentic than most, and all the more inspiring because of the depths the author had to go through in order to first heal, and then become the type of social enterprenuer that many people who want to make a difference aspire to be. Bravo !!!!!
on February 24, 2007
For every moment of pain experienced in her life, Alissa Lukara offers us the gift of many hours of enlightenment, healing, and pure joy in Riding Grace. The words she spills forth are riveting: so raw they make us cringe, and in the next breath, so inspired we want to sing. She addresses the gut-wrenching subject matter in a way that will help us all find the hope and grace this book offers.

--Jan Goff-LaFontaine

author of Women in Shadow and Light: Journeys from Abuse to Healing

and Reflections--Between the Lines; The Healing of the Vietnam Generation
on June 13, 2007
This book was hard to put down. It moved me deeply. The subject is a tough one: Alissa Lukara spells out in vivid detail her remembering and then coming to terms with repeated sexual abuse by her father. Yet the story that Alissa tells of her journey of struggle, growth, and self-transformation is so lyrical, and the healing so complete that I found myself swept up into it and truly inspired. Alissa Lukara is a deft, powerful writer, one who has mastered the art of bringing the reader fully and immediately into the emotional life of the moments that she lives through her words. A truly wonderful book.
on February 23, 2007
Alissa embarks on a journey to heal herself from the crippling effects of sexual abuse and chronic fatigue syndrom. The adventure leads not only to physical and emotional healing but also to a deeper spiritual awareness. Her willingness to share her experience is an inspiration for anyone dealing with the remnants of abuse or struggling with chronic illness and a profound gift to all who wish to integrate body, mind and soul. Thank you Alissa!

Lyn Mayo MSW,Ed.D. author of The Wave:Flowing As Essence
on February 7, 2007
Riding Grace is filled with inspiration, hope, compassion and deep wisdom. As a father of two daughters, it is heart wrenching to think that familial abuse exists. It was so profound to read Alissa's words and her quest for healing from illness and abuse and to bring healing to others whether or not they're dealing with these issues.

I was moved deeply by her experience and highly recommend this book for all those who seek healing.
on June 9, 2007
Given the statistics on childhood sexual abuse, Riding Grace is a story that must be told, and one that must be heard. But it is so much more than a clinical report. It is a testament to the indomitable power of the human spirit, and to the author, Alissa Lukara, who sustained the courage to keep believing in it. Most important, it appeals to us to honor our own inherent impulses toward health and forgiveness.
on April 27, 2007
God Bless Alissa Lukara for the courage to remember, the strength to recover and the willingness to be a Light unto others. If you have physical pain or any challenges moving forward in your life, read this book! Let Alissa's story inspire you to no longer be a victim. Let her show you how to take back your power. Let her show you how to heal.
on February 3, 2007
Riding Grace: A Triumph of the Soul is the true-life story of author Alissa Lukara's struggle to cope with the scars of severe childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, as well as the unyielding toll of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Her dark journey through abuse and illness, and her long quest for a cure, led her to explore beyond the boundaries of conventional drugs, to the openness of compassion, miracles, and grace. Called by her soul to write Riding Grace, Lukara speaks of harm that far transcends what individuals do to one another - harm that spreads to humanity as a whole and the planet upon which it lives. Riding Grace is a call to join hands and promote healing through positive vision and spirituality. Twenty-four hours after Lukara committed to the soul call to write Riding Grace, she spontaneously healed from CFS, which has no known medical cure, and has remained healed to the present day, eight years later. An inspirational and transcendental story about the immeasurable powers of redemption and compassion.
on November 10, 2007
Alissa Lukara's book, Riding Grace, reads like melted chocolate, so nourishing and satisfying while gently nudging the reader to great depths.

Ms. Lukara writes about healing from paternal sexual abuse and spontaneous recovery from chronic fatigue syndrome within 12 hours of deciding to write her story.

Dramatic, soulful story, beautifully written.