Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

• Customer Reviews

on April 30, 2004
These are amazing! Exactly the same as the Vinum line, minus the stems. The bowl is identical so you still get the breathing and flavor distinction you've come to expect from Riedel. They're just a bit more casual - perfect for a picnic or going out on your porch or patio to enjoy wine with friends or sitting around a fireplace. No worries about the stem breaking or finding a perfectly level place to set them down as they're like weebles - they'll wobble, but don't fall down. At about half the cost - if you like Riedel Vinum, you'll quickly be building your collection of the O line. One note, if you're a fanatic about the wine temperature, you may want to stick with the reds as you ARE holding the bowl while drinking, but I've not yet had that issue. What a great concept!
on December 10, 2012
This is a nice wine glass in tumbler form. It also works great for single malt scotch! The glass feels a little fragile (even by wine glass standards), but after almost two months I haven't broke one yet. My only gripe is that the tumbler is a bit big and awkward in my hand. That is a pretty picky comment, but it is a little too big.
on August 24, 2005
These glases are too big for practical use. Instead we recommend the Chardonnay/Voigner model.
on September 8, 2015
Stemless Chardonnay glasses aren't for everyone, and indeed we don't use these for wine. However, they make for excellent glasses (crystal). They're beautifully thin, and a joy to use, making up our selection of everyday water glasses.
This is a rather large glass, a bit clumsy to hold without the stem and in a comparison tasting, it seemed to me that the smaller Ouverture sized bowls evoked a richer aroma from Chardonnay.
A great deal of your experience of wine comes from the aromas that develop in the air above the surface of the wine. A glass that forces the wine to have a large surface area for its volume and then narrows to concentrate the vapors will increase the flavor experience. Glasses with a thin lip seem to interfere less with the taste of wine than thicker (and cheaper) glasses. The shape of the glass makes a difference, too. Since we can only smell molecules that are in the air, the best wine-tasting glass is going to promote evaporation by exposing the largest possible surface area to the air. These glasses are wide at the waist and narrow at the top to get more from their wine. Does it make a difference? You bet-and in every taste test that I've been part of, Riedel glasses win hands down.
For more information on the factors that effect the taste of wine-Storage, Air, Temperature, Food and Context, see New Short Course in Wine,The The wine simply tastes better in these glasses. The red wine Ouverture glasses are as close to an all-purpose glass as any and they're very inexpensive.
It shouldn't be necessary to mention that a wine glass should be clean and odorless. But sometimes restaurants, in their zeal to make their glassware clean use rinsing aids that leave behind a strong mineral smell. If you're spending a lot of money on a bottle of wine in a restaurant, sniff the empty glass first. At home, a film of grease can settle on a previously clean glass. It's no reflection on the quality of the housekeeping-cooking fats disperse in the air and settle on everything in a kitchen. An additional rinsing and a wipe with a clean towel are all you need.

Lynn Hoffman, author of New Short Course in Wine,The and the tasty bang BANG: A Novel
on January 3, 2007
I like these glasses, but they are a little to big around at the base for me to manage with my smaller hands.
on June 16, 2013
better for reds though or wines that don't need to stay chilled. Holding it in your hand warms the wine more quickly was a little short sighted on my part for not think of that. However it does encourage people to drink faster as well so not necessarily all bad.
on December 27, 2004
The Riedel O Chardonnay is just the right size for informal gatherings with friends. It holds just the right amount too. A little more generous than the stem version.

All my friends think it is a cool shape and you don't have to worry about breaking the stem when you set it down. I haven't broken one yet while washing them! Thats the best part.
on August 22, 2005
Very pleased with the glasses. We already had the cabernet glasses and wanted to add to the collection. they are such delicate crystal I feel like it's a special occasion when I use them. I also like the look as it is different than any other wine glasses we have. They are a great conversation piece.
on April 2, 2013
I think we bought at least 2 of every kind of Riedel O glasses, and the Chardonnay glass is one of my favorites. Every once in a while we'll splurge on an expensive bottle of chardonnay and it feels so luxurious to sip out of this glass! This has a much wider mouth, but reminds me of the Pinot Noir glass and I have to remember which one I'm looking for in the cupboard. Riedel makes outstanding glassware and we're pleased with our purchases.