Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wrangler RIGGS WORKWEAR Men's Work Horse Jean
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 17, 2006
I am a homeowner who lives in the country and is constantly fixing something. Whether it's woodworking or small construction projects, I tend to stress jeans in three places, the right pocket where my tape measure slides on, the back pockets, and the crotch area. The Riggs jeans are reinforced in all three areas. Also, I am 6'7" and weigh 260 lbs. Needless to say, it is difficult to find clothes that fit. I read about Wrangler's Riggs jeans in a magazine article about work clothing and decided to try them. The jeans I bought were size 40x36. I have been wearing them now for two months and have no complaints. The cloth is thicker and hardier than normal jeans, something I found helpful when cutting trees for firewood. The pockets are deeper (something I very much appreciate), and the build quality of the jeans is excellent - triple stitching in all the important areas. I think the part that really tops the whole deal off is the price. These jeans were priced at $27 with free shipping. Excellent product, excellent price. What more can I say?
on July 27, 2008
I'm a long-time user who really likes these pants.

They are very sturdy, comfortable work pants with a usable hammer loop. The crotch gusset and full cut make for easy, full-range movement. They are a little warm in the California heat but not unbearable - the trade you make for extra durability.

I have never worn through the Cordura-lined back pockets even though I often sit on the tools I carry in them.

The pocket patch on the right front pocket is supposed to protect against tape measure clip wear but it spreads the clip because of the extra thickness. A tape measure will not be secure if you change back to other pants after hanging it over the protector patch. Hang your tape on the watch pocket until you are a believer in the pants. Then move on to the pocket patch if you wish. I keep my tape on the watch pocket anyway because the tape is out of the way if I want to put my hand in my front pocket and it stays put better when crouching, climbing etc. The watch pocket edges have held up to this treatment so far. Something else has always gone before the watch pocket.

The watch pocket is spacious enough to be very handy for screws, nuts, washers, small bolts, power screwdriver tips, smaller drill bits, smaller nail sets, etc. I have big hands and fingers but can get stuff out of the watch pocket easily. It's nice not to have to fish for these things in a pocket full of change, keys, pocket knives and such.

The Work Horse model is the only Riggs denim version with a usable hammer loop. Other denim Riggs models offer hammer loops that are so tight that they could only be used for an upholsterer's tack hammer.

Some models provide the little pockets on the side of the right leg found in many carpenter's pants/shorts. I find the leg pockets really good for losing stuff when I hook my leg over a joist or a ladder rung so I opt for the Work Horse; no leg pockets but a hammer loop you can use.

I haven't tried the ripstop models even though they are probably cooler and are definitely lighter. They are pricey and I haven't convinced myself they would hold up to the abrasion which is the most common type of wear on the job.

Riggs Work Horse pants are the only pants I have chosen to wear on the job over the last four years of housebuilding.
on March 3, 2015
If you need tough pants and like pockets these are exactly what you need... especially if you are trying to carry a medium or large handgun concealed. I tend to carry a mid-sized pistol and a large folder everywhere. The problem I was running into with lighter made pants was the rough G10 pistol grips and knife handle were almost literally eating through my clothing and the thin material was "printing" occasionally no matter how carefully I tried to avoid it. After I got a pair of Riggs Ranger pants I wound up buying a bunch more. They can handle everything I throw at them in my workshop and are fantastic for concealed carry, the heavy material doesn't print worth a damn and even after several months I'm not seeing the kind of damage I was seeing after a single long day with my old jeans. They even cost the same as my old, much lighter construction, jeans.
on December 12, 2014
I've brought these jeans many times for work in different colors for myself as well as a gift for family and friends, everyone loves them, for their great fit, great looking, great comfort, "good" and wear. But their is one issue I have with these jeans, after a year of wear they start to wear out around the back three belt loops and form a hole just below causing the belt loop to tear apart from the jeans, this has happened to more than one pair I've own. Will I buy them again, yes I will. If not for the belt loop issue, I would have given them a 5 star rating
on October 16, 2012
I love these jeans or I did. I have bought about seven pair of these jeans over the last two years. I found they fit better than any jeans I have owned. I bought a pair about two weeks ago, and was very disappointed.I found out they have deleted the side leg pocket. That was one of the big selling points for me. I used that pocket for a few tools I carried at work. The five star jeans just went to three stars. I guess I am now looking for new work jeans. PUT THE POCKET BACK ON.
on October 3, 2014
The images of the pants sold online never show you the left side of the pants. Because when I bought the same pair at Menards the left side has a pocket for pliers, cell phone, pencils - Like most carpenter pants. The pants sold here at Amazon don't come with this feature. I bought 2 pants from Menards that are on their second year of shop use. I bought two pairs online that last me 3 months when the backside ripped out.
The online pants seem to be less quality than what they are making for Menards store.
Save your $ and Time and just go pick these pants up at Menards.
Get the extra pocket and the Higher quality.
That being said - These pants are the best pants around (If bought at Menards)
on May 9, 2007
I normally don't write reviews, but these pants are great work pants that last. My husband wears these pants to work and they hold up wash after wash. Recommend them for anyone who is looking for a good work pant.
on November 13, 2015
Heavy duty but not scratchy material. Plenty of guy room to move around and the pockets are huge! But that is a good thing. The pocket material is hefty and I expect 15 yrs from now I'll still be wearing these. Multiple stitched seam mak these a really nice work or around the yard pair of jeans.
on April 24, 2015
Riggs run slightly small on waistlines compared to Levi,or even parent Wrangler. The front pockets are no longer fully leather trimmed. Instead,there is a small leather patch where a tape measure would hang.These are still really durable pants & have great styling. Though designed for work,I tend to wear mine when at sports bars or camping.
on June 8, 2015
great pr. of jeans--going to order more--only shorter--as I was not sure of length--as I want them to fit a certain way on boots--well made and highly recommend them for not just work , but when riding horses as they fit better for boot cut type fit----arrived fast and high quality workmanship in construction--