5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous!
I love this sound. I have loved it since I first heard the tuba band with Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal album "The Real Thing" is in my top two must have records. And this is as easily a classic.
Published on December 22, 1999 by maxshe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing
I tried to like this, but I was expecting more Taj. I'll keep it and maybe it will grow on me.
Published 18 months ago by Monkey Bucket

5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous!, December 22, 1999
This review is from: Right Now! (Audio CD)
I love "Fever" of the vocal songs. The penny whistle on "Bedtime Story" is amazing as are the tuba voicings. Bob Stewart's bassline on "O Raggedy Man" is unbelievable! It would be amazing enough to hear that on electric bass - on the tuba...it's dumbfounding. And "Frame for the Blues" is just soooo sexy! What an amazing band!
Honestly, get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Tuba/Jazz Recordings, June 23, 1999
woooooow "wow" (Ellicott City, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Right Now! (Audio CD)
A great recording, a must-have, if you don't own it, you are missing out on a great artist and a great album, great for tuba players, but also great for the listener!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jazz you can relate to but not enough of Taj Mahal, May 2, 2014
William D. Brisbane (Normalville, PA (USA)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Right Now! (Audio CD)
I don't enjoy jazz as much as I do blues but this CD is worth listening to and owning in order to continue the enjoyment. However, I wish that Taj Mahal would have been present and singing on more of the sides. He is not and that is the CD's major drawback. Keep this in mind when you think of purchasing it and especially if you are a Taj fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, December 31, 2012

Right Now!
Right Now! by Taj Mahal (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies