Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on June 19, 2015
I enjoyed this book as I found it very easy to read. The author wrote in an engaging style that flowed through the whole story. The characters intertwined into a fabric of a well knit tale. The story line emanates from a chance meeting of two people who lose each other inadvertently only to be resurrected years later by chance yet again. In addition to being a love story, it is also a story about a talented developing pool player who becomes a protege of a World Class Pool Player. This relationship blossoms in many ways and gives the reader a feel for the intricacies and demands of becoming aspiring professional pool player. Being a Pool fan, this story makes me want to go out and play more than I already do.

Kudos to the writer

Al
on December 30, 2008
My son bought this book and I just happen to pick it up and start reading it. He told me it was about the game of pool. I didn't really think it was going to be that interesting but to my surprise I absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down. It turned out to be a wonderful love story revolved around the game of pool. I would recommend this book to everyone! Tom McGonagle did a wonderful job. Hope to be seeing another one soon!
on January 17, 2010
Right on Cue is a great love story that takes place in the world of a up and comming pool player. I have read most of the books about pool and this is one of the best. I think this could be made into a major feature film someday. I would recommend this book to everyone not just pool players.

M.Jones
on February 4, 2014
I searched amazon for a book on pool fiction and I found Tom McGonagle’s Right on Cue. I loved this book! It has romance, interesting characters and the pool playing was exciting. The pool scenes with the gambling and tournaments are realistic and “right on cue” and the sprinkling of named real life pool players was fun to read. I had a very hard time putting the book down and I didn’t want it to end. I enjoyed the book on Kindle so much that I bought a hard copy for my son (also a pool aficionado).
This book would make a great movie….in the meantime I am looking forward to Tom McGonagle’s next book Miss Cue. Keep them coming Tom!
on November 8, 2015
A well written entertaining book. This book takes us into the world of competitive pool. It makes you feel the player's emotions. Their love for the game of pool and each other. I couldn't put the book down.
on September 22, 2014
My husband and I are both avid pool players and we both read and thoroughly enjoyed this book. This book depicted both a personal side to the characters as well as description of the pool playing abilities of the characters. We felt as though we were within the story watching and interacting with all of them, also reading this story made us want to go out and play more pool.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2014
This book, "Right on Cue" is--right on cue! There are parts that will educate you about the game of pool, funny parts that will make you laugh right out loud and the storyline is compelling as well! I hope the author writes a sequel! I got so "close" to the characters I'd like to know what they are doing since book 1...lol Seriously, there is something for everyone in "Right on Cue"! It was a fast read and a great Summer companion by the pool or at the beach! Check it out!
on June 29, 2012
I am going to confess that although I read pretty much anything that comes down the pike related to pool I haven't been a huge fan of pool fiction in general. The stories usually seem silly and unrealistic and I usually end up thinking how I or someone else could have done way better.

I am here to tell you that Tom McGonagle has nothing to worry about in this department.

"Right On Cue" is not only a surprisingly touching love story (2 of them really) but is also a wonderful book for the pool enthusiast. The match, room and player depictions are all very good and, most importantly, realistic.

I have no problems recommending the book to enyone who is looking for any enjoyable read. Whether they play pool or not.

Well done Tom. Well done.
on January 4, 2010
Because I enjoy the game of pool and am an avid reader, I love to read stories about the game. This book was brought to my attention as I was watching a streaming webcast of a pool tournament in Verona, New York.

Also in the "audience" was author Tom McGonagle who was invited to promote his book, "Right On Cue". I quickly opened a new window, scooted over to Amazon and downloaded the book to my Kindle.

Tom has a knack for telling stories, it's obvious. His tale of love lost in the innocence of youth and the "free love" era of the 70's brought back great memories for me. The result of that moment in time, our main character, Johnny, is 23 years old and a very talented pool player who has just learned his real father is a professional pool player.

As he begins his venture across the country to meet him, Johnny inspires Flo, a very attractive cue yielding talent, to promote her strength on the table in the ladies pro tour. As a female, I was just as anxious to hear how Flo fared as I was Johnny!

That's not all there was to the love side of the story, but I'll leave the discovery of that up to you!

From a pool perspective, Tom is very adept at describing the excitement of tense pool matches...especially when they include the high stakes commonly encountered for a road player.

The story of achievement, pride, lessons learned, new friendships and renewed relationships is well told by Tom, and in my opinion, would make a great movie! (Any film makers out there?)

Well done Tom...can't wait for the sequel!
on September 17, 2010
I bought the book and immediately 'lost' it to my wife, after she picked it up and read the first couple of pages she was hooked. She is a huge fan of authors such as Tom Clancy, Dean Koontz, Stephen King and many others and I watched as she literally couldn't put this book down, a huge 'Thumbs Up' for the book even before I got a chance to open the front cover. The book is a great read and intertwines a Love Story, Family Relationships and a will to succeed in a wity, insightful and well written way.

Do not imagine this book will only appeal to Pool or other sports enthusiasts, it is so much more than that and will genuinely appeal to everyone who enjoys a great read. It has what many books and movies today lack a great story. It would not surprise me in the least to see this book turned into a movie, it is the perfect vehicle for that. Both of us are eagerly awaiting Tom's next novel, if it's half as good as this one, it's another sure fire winner. It would make an excellent present for anyone and I thoroughly recommend it to everyone.