Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 26, 2013
This book is filled with top notch advice for being awesome, keeping your head up, doing the best we can, etc... My 7yr old niece is a reader - and she breezed through this book quickly - but the pictures are vibrant, and there are images & recaps of episodes she hasn't seen yet - so her interest was still high. Also Jake & Finn "tell" the story so the humor is great. Glad I got this for her.
My daughter loves watching Adventure Time and recently picked up a couple of the comics at Scholastic. This was a Christmas present that she is thrilled with. It is book style and has a bunch of awesome tips for everything from overcoming fear, to having to work and even romance. It is nicely balanced between stories and terrific adventure time pictures. There are also some bonus stories.

The advice is fun for kids yet practical for adults.

A terrific book for young (and even older!) kids who love Finn and Jake.
on December 16, 2014
My Gr8 granddaughter 8 yrs old...just loves any of the Adventure Time Series....
The graphics are excellent and mind expanding....she draws the characters
always embellishing them to add more dimension....shes now in her schools
special art class ...not sure if that added to her talent or not.....Just saying
on December 15, 2012
I am a very big Adventure Time fan and so are my kids (5 and 2). I even went as Jake the Dog for Halloween and my 5 year old went as Finn. We got this book because he had to be a story book character for his Halloween parade at school and carry the book to prove it. It is separated into mini chapters (How to Use This Book, Friendship, Work, Recreation, Magic, Romance, Overcoming Fear, Physical Fitness, Smarts, Family, and Conclusion) and it is Jake and Finn having a discussion about these topics, using examples from episodes of the show. It's good that it tries to lead kids to doing good, (working hard, valuing family, etc.)but I didn't find it anywhere near as entertaining as I expected to. It described a lot of the episodes and wasn't very funny. It's okay though, I still love the show.
on December 2, 2012
I bought this product for my 6 year old son. We absolutely love Adventure Time. My son loves this book and he is always reading it. I love anything that will get my son to read more. He thinks it's funny and interresting. I reccomend this product to anyone and everyone, childern and adults, who like Adventure Time that is why I'm giving this product 5 stars!!
on October 24, 2013
Righteous Rules for Being Awesome is a book told from the perspective of lead characters Finn and Jake, as written by Jake Black.

This is another "clip show" style of book, but at least the tips are a lot more sensible. It of course reflects the fact that Finn and Jake are noble heroes in contrast to how LSP is rather bratty and self-centered.

Still, seeing full page panels of some of the shows more memorable moments is certainly a lot of fun. And maybe you might learn something from all these tips. Still primarily a kiddie book though, so that's the risk that you take.
on May 8, 2013
Most awesome book for Adventure Time fan! Small book but in colour versus the other big hardcover in grayscale. All kids books should be in colour right?! Son loves it lots, so am very pleased with the buy. And the content teaches good attitude with humour, so all the more great!
VINE VOICEon December 6, 2012
Righteous Rules for Being Awesome is basically a conversation back and forth between Finn and Jake. On the left side of the page they reminisce about their adventures. On the the right side are comic panels with scenes taken right from the show. There are no new adventures in the this book. My daughter loves it because she points out the characters that she recognizes and then I tell her about what happened in that episode. If you've seen every episode like I have, this book is a little disappointing because it's nothing new. For new Adventures you can check out the Adventure Time graphic novels and comic books. 3.5 stars.
on January 15, 2013
I am no stranger to "buying a book that is not a total original, but just the movie/show in book form". This is usually due to a publishing company's laziness and greed. So, before purchasing this book, at a small town "Food Lion"- very suprising- I checked it out to make sure that it was not the above stated problem. I quickly discerned that yes, this book, does have stills from the cartoon gracing the right hand pages, and yes, this book still offers a fresh approach for fans of "Adventure Time" who are thirteen and under. Just like previous reviews have stated, Jake and Finn go Ann Landers via conversations with each other about the pictured adventures. Not too heavy and definitely entertaining. My daughter is nine, and she digs this book. She does not mind the already-viewed-on-TV cartoon "film strips" within the book, as she has seen the referenced episodes and characters scores of times, and kids live in a rerun world in general: "Wake up, eat, brush, get dressed, school, bus, snack, relax, homework, dinner, TV, bed. Repeat four more times." So, yes, you do get righteous rules for being awesome in the main aspects of life that affect us all ("Work", "Romance", Overcoming Fear"), and yes, it righteosuly rules!
on September 5, 2013
My 8 year old grandson really enjoyed this book. It kept his interest and he was very involved with it. Not too easy and not to difficult. Great book!