5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating.....
Published on November 21, 2007 by Deborah Wiley

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of action.
Action and sex scenes kept me reading this.
However, I would have liked to have had less narrative. There was opportunity for the readers to experience the action first hand but I was never quite taken there.
Published 10 months ago by Charolette T. Dodge

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating....., November 21, 2007
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Paperback)
What if you could travel back 40,000 years ago to when saber toothed tigers and Mastodons roamed the earth? This is exactly the world that Nathan has been surviving in for five lonely years with only his dog, Demon, for companionship. Dr. Bethany Collins, the mastermind behind the experiment that sent Nathan catapulting back in time, is determined that Nathan will not remain alone; so determined that she is willing to send the unsuspecting Riley Ames back in time under the guise of a fake research experiment. Riley's arrival to an age when Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal men walked the earth is only the beginning of RILEY' S JOURNEY....

I have never read a time travel in which the setting was so far back in time, and so it was with great excitement that I started RILEY'S JOURNEY. P.L. Parker did not disappoint! Her vivid images of a time long past made the pages come alive with the excitement, the thrill, and yes, the danger of modern man (and woman!) trying to survive in such a perilous time. More than once P.L. Parker had me on the edge of my seat, anxiously awaiting to see how further events would unfold. Would Riley and Nathan survive each new hazard? And just as importantly, would Demon survive?

The harsh beauty of the past as seen through the eyes of Riley and Nathan is only part of the joy of RILEY'S JOURNEY, however. P.L. Parker throws in some interesting twists that made this romance a truly heart warming tale. The love between Riley and Nathan has time to develop and blossom into a strong, unbreakable bond that is both sexy and uplifting. RILEY'S JOURNEY is truly a tale about love growing in any environment!

COURTESY OF CK2S KWIPS AND KRITIQUES

4.0 out of 5 stars Riley's journey, May 12, 2008
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Paperback)
A delight.... I read this in 2 days. I love this fantasy genre, and this was right on target. the fact that the Neanderthals were the "good guys" and the Cro Magnan, "not" made it a little unexpected. A good read for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the Journey!, February 12, 2010
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Paperback)
I love all kinds of books, but time travel romance is probably my favorite genre. "Riley's Journey" is a little different than most, since it takes place in prehistoric times. I enjoyed the adventure, the romance, and all the main characters, including Demon, the faithful canine who protects Nathan and Riley as they struggle to survive in an inhospitable world.

Even those that don't usually read time travel or romance books will probably like this one. My husband, who seldom reads romances, picked it up one evening and seemed to enjoy it as much as I did. It's an entertaining, FUN fantasy. I would love to see these characters again in a sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've Read in Ages, November 10, 2009
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Paperback)
This was an absolutely fascinating book. Kept me interested from page one, couldn't put it down. It has everything. Adventure, time travel, love, intrigue, even a faithful dog companion.

The story is about Riley Ames a women sent back in time 40,000 years in the past. She is sent to be the mate of a modern man already living there. Nathan was sent back 5 years ago. His Aunt Bethany, the woman that invented the program that allows the bending of time, is afraid Nathan is becoming depressed and lonely. She doesn't tell Riley that once she goes on the expedition it's permanent.

Once she is there the story is of how she and Nathan survive and fall in love.

I noticed that a previous reviewer gave the book 1 star, and I can't believe they read the same book. I think people have a tendency to loose sight of what the romance genre is about. This is not rocket science or a thesis. It's supposed to be entertaining. AND IT'S FICTION. Which means anything goes.

Even if you aren't a time travel lover I think anyone who enjoys a good romance will like this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Jean Auel, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Kindle Edition)
I was a big fan of the Jean Auel books, at least her first 3, and looked forward to reading through this book too. Right from the first page I was drawn into the story and it was 3 hours later before I came back to reality.
Riley is picked to return back to the time when the Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon man lived, but she doesn't know that. All she knows is that she's been chosen for some project and will be gone for a long time. Unfortunately she's not told that she's going to be gone forever, chosen to be the companion for Nathan, a man who has already been there for some years and shares his lonely life with his part wolf companion, Demon.

Her first encounter with Neanderthals see's her rescued by Nathan and Demon and taken to their home. She discovers the truth behind the so called project she's been sent on, and realizes that her life will never be the same again.
Unknown to Nathan and Riley, there is a plan underway, back in the 21st Century, that will see help arrive when they need it most.

From the moment Riley was taken back to time, I was there with her, seeing through her eyes, feeling her fear as she was attacked by the Neanderthals, and then later pursued by the savage Cro-Magnons. Her growing friendship with Demon also gave me a few laughs, and I watched her relationship with Nathan grow into love.
I did not want this book to end, I could have kept reading more of the adventures during this fascinating period of earths history.
I look forward to reading the sequel and hope that there will be more books about Riley and Nathan as they struggle to survive in a unhospitable environment.

Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great story!, January 14, 2008
Carol Garcia (Boise, Idaho United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Paperback)
I just finished reading this book and, wow, did I love it. The story was intriguing and kept me glued to my seat. I hated to reach the final pages! The author has a wonderful storytelling style and I thoroughly enjoyed how she portrayed the characters' thoughts and actions. I also loved how the plot took its own twists and turns, ones that were definitely not predictable. This is an entertaining book with a great love story and I highly recommend it. I can't wait to read her first book, Fiona.

5.0 out of 5 stars Primitive Journey, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Kindle Edition)
Our young botanist, Riley, is chosen for a field expedition for an undetermined length of time. Riley is alone in the world with no family and that is precisely why she was chosen to be sent back in time to (unknowingly) become the mate of Nathan, a man she has never met before. Nate has been on the site for five years with his dog, Demon. It's a Jean Auel type of story and one I enjoyed. Nothing wrong with a little primitive love thrown in when fighting off Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons along with the savage beasts of 40,000 years ago. You just have to make the best of a bad situation. And we find that necessity is the mother of invention.

You can never go home again.
Thomas Wolfe

5.0 out of 5 stars Primitive Love, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to read Into the Savage Dawn, but I was advised to read this book first and boy, am I glad I did. Into the Savage Dawn is the follow-up to Riley's Journey. When Riley signs on to help with a research project, she has no idea she'll be transported back in time to the time of the Neanderthals! She meets and falls in love with Nathan, a handsome man who's also been transported back through an experiment gone wrong. Together they must fight savage bands of Cro-Magnon men, dangerous beasts, and freezing temperatures. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality time travel romance that is definitely out of the ordinary. Into the Savage Dawn is next on my list. I've also read Fiona by this author (a time travel romance set in Ancient China). P.L. Parker never fails to entertain me. I love her work.

5.0 out of 5 stars time travel romance, March 11, 2012
M. Reed (sedro woolly , washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Kindle Edition)
This was really different as they were way Back in time but was really good. Read this on my kindle. And bought the next book right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars So different - so good!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Riley's Journey (Kindle Edition)
Riley's Journey by P.L. Parker and Sandra Edwards was one of the best books I've read lately. Just for the fact that it was so different, the characters well-developed and the story well-written, I gave the book 5 stars.
I've never wondered what it would be like to live in the cave-man era, but this tale totally put me there. My imagination was fully engaged in the authors' vision. The setting and realistic people inhabiting the earth at the time worked well. Conflicts kept coming and made me feel involved continuously with the hero and heroine who were forced to rely on each other through amazing adventures. Their love story added another dimension and had me sighing over their antics. Those pages turned too fast for my liking and I reached the end way too quickly. The only consolation - there was a follow-up book called "Into the Savage dawn."

Riley's Journey