5.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were more movies like this.
Published 17 months ago by Jason Harper

2.0 out of 5 stars The Americanized gospel in a nutshell
The good- this is a cute wholesome story of a self centered sports agent who goes to a small town and meets people and experiences events that change his life. Clean, no vulgar language or nudity so it's a story that is safe for everyone. The formula Is predictable but not a bad thing. It has a few funny moments.

The bad- it's a Christian movie that is...
Published 16 months ago by D. Lama

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were more movies like this., April 11, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
In a world jam-packed with movies glorifying, sex, violence, and obscene language, it is refreshing to see there are filmmakers who still care about making family-friendly films. This movie is all about lifting up the viewer and asking where their heart truly lies. There is not a moment I would be uncomfortable having my young kids watch this and that is rare. If you are looking for a movie with a great message that the whole family can enjoy, then Ring the Bell is for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY WELL DONE, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE UP FOR AN AWARD FOR SURE.THE CAST AND STORY WAS VERY INTERESTING,AND WELL DONE.NO IT DOESN'T GEORGE CL0ONY OR MERYL STREEP,BUT HAS SOME FINE QUALITY ACTORS.A VERY ENJOYING MOVIE TO WATCH,AND THE WINNER IS RING THE BELL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt faith-based film with an uplifting message, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
I found out about this film from a posting by Mark Miller, lead singer of country-rock group Sawyer Brown, which I've been a big fan of for years, ever since their discovery on Star Search. Beyond just being a talented singer and songwriter, Mark is a devout Christian who wrote and produced "Ring The Bell," which I just had the opportunity to view.

Basically, it's a story of a successful, big-city sports agent who goes to a small town to recruit a talented young high school athlete, but ends up finding a whole lot more.

While it admittedly does fit a formula and doesn't offer any huge surprises or shocking plot twists, it is a warm, human story about values, priorities and faith. The most refreshing part of the film is that the main character isn't a "bad" guy with a melodramatically destructive lifestyle (drugs, alcohol, etc.) that he needs to be saved from, but simply a man driven by worldly goals rather than godly ones, which helps drive home the message that we ALL need Christ's love and forgiveness.

If you appreciated other Christian films like "Fireproof" and are looking for others to expand your DVD library, you'll definitely want to check out "Ring The Bell."

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this movie!, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
This movie was filmed in my town and we had the honor of being extras. The cast and crew were so kind and friendly. My twins were ranch boys and filmed many days. Each day they started the day with a Bible study! The spirituality is evident in the film. Our church hosted the world premiere this week and we Loved the movie! It was fun to see people and places that are familiar but it was also wonderful to be a part of a movie that promotes Christ Jesus! I think you too will want to Ring the Bell!

2.0 out of 5 stars The Americanized gospel in a nutshell, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)

The bad- it's a Christian movie that is supposed to have the gospel in it. Unfortunately, I was expecting the true Gospel but instead I was met with an Americanized, mushy and "feelings" based presentation of the Gospel that left a lot to be desired. They present sin as brokenness that needs a healing. While that is true, it is not the whole story. Sin is a offensive rebellion to God in which its punishment is eternal hell, but to my recollection, Hell is not even mentioned in this film, and neither is it being offensive to God. The movie says that Jesus is knocking and we just have to answer that knock and let Him in. Sadly, they portray Jesus as this poor man that is begging for us to let Him in when in reality it should be us who should be begging God to forgive us. Casting Crowns' lead singer Mark Hall did a better presentation of the Gospel but it still sadly fell a bit short (and I am a CC fan). Overall, the Gospel was not fully presented like it is in movies like Fireproof or Courageous. It is presented in an inoffensive soft manner which doesn't make the person aware of the seriousness of sin and therefore sell short the Glory of Jesus sacrifice to forgive us of that sin if we come to Him in Faith and Repentance. For this, the movie fails in my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed the Mark, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
Before I say anything about this movie, I think it's important to say that people watch movies for different reasons and their reviews of these movies are impacted by their motivations for watching them. I bought and watched this movie in the hopes of being encouraged, edified, and generally pointed to Christ in the same way that I was when I watched "Fireproof," "Facing the Giants," "The Printing," and "Sheffey." Needless to say, that didn't happen. Other problems for me with this film included bad acting that was a distraction in and of itself, and an unrealistic and unbelievable story line (it just didn't seem real), and immodest dress worn by the main female character. The main character didn't seem like a real person at all. His conversion also didn't seem realistic. This movie just missed it's mark, I think, but I appreciate the efforts of my brethren to give it a try. This one was slightly better than what I have seen in general on the Christian movie market these days, which is why I gave it two stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must own, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
This is a movie that should be in the library of every Christian home. This is challenging for the believer as well as a great soul winning tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars great spiritual family movie, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
This Christian movie is above average. The movie was exceptional as it showed how a person's love for Jesus Christ outweighs love for fame and wealth. My thanks to anyone who in anyway was involved in this film. Such a testimony for God and His Son Jesus Christ. This is not the average Christian movie. This movie kept my attention and pulled me into the lives of these characters. My prayer that after watching this movie many many people will "Ring the Bell".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
I thought the whole movie was lead by the Holy Spirit! A must see for loved ones who need to find Jesus!

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love?, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Ring the Bell (DVD)
This Christian based movie is wonderful. I love the characters. Most of us Christians can relate to the struggle it takes to "let go" and give it to the Lord. Just another inspiring movie in my collection.

Ring the Bell
Ring the Bell by Thomas Weber (DVD - 2013)
$14.99 $5.80