5.0 out of 5 stars rinnai es38p propane direct vent heater
this is a great heater. arrived on time with no freight damage. hooked it up the next day it works great. i have had a rinnai heater for over ten years this is the newer model. i highly recomend this heater to anyone looking for a direct vent heater.
Published on December 30, 2009 by William G. Calhoun

2.0 out of 5 stars I can only say I am extremely disappointed. It seems to heat fine
We read all the reviews and finally bought the es38-p . I can only say I am extremely disappointed. It seems to heat fine, but for our small, quiet house having it on almost constantly is very annoying. It is NOT the quietest fan. When it starts up in the morning it sounds like a car in our driveway. I was told they are meant to run continuously at low speed to keep the...
Published 3 months ago by Julia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars rinnai es38p propane direct vent heater, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Rinnai ES38-P Direct Vent Propane Wall Furnace (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great Amazon service - Updated, November 23, 2011
I purchased this Rennai direct vent heater unit via Amazon Prime. It was very promptly shipped (by truck) and arrived without damage. I had a local master plumber do the installation for me, and while that process involved some LP piping issues unrelated to the heater itself, it is now installed and running. The Rennai is very quiet and has a great control panel that allows the user to program two daily time/temperature cycles as well as several other features. It is also a modern design and looks just fine in our home. I bought the Rennai primarily to heat a large (open) portion of our home when needed instead of using a very energy-expensive central heat pump with electric heat strips. While we haven't had much cold weather here yet, I anticipate the Rennai will save us lots of money while keeping us comfortable in our home.

Update - June 2013

After 18 months of ownership and two winters of service, I can only confirm this is a great product. If it is properly installed, it operates with minimal noise and disperses heated air throughout our large 'great room' and has saved us a ton of money compared to the electric heat pump with heat strips that it displaced. I can recommend this product and would purchase it myself again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Wonderful Product !!, January 6, 2014
Malcolm (Idyllwild, CA) - See all my reviews
A friend in the heating business recommended this. He has sold 100's over several years. Swears by Rinnai !! Also says all his customers are very happy. Sadly, I waited too long and he sold his business so I didn't get the discount he would have given me.

I read about some shipping disasters. This item was well packaged and arrived perfect. Perfect in this context means 10 out of 10. ie no problems at all. Delivery men were pleasant. even carried the package into the house after i pointed out that my 72 y/o wife would not be able to help me bring it in. I gave them some beer money.

I hooked it up and turned it on. within seconds i was feeling heat on my left ankle. We have been using it now exactly one month. It has been perfect and in fact exceeded my expectations ! This is totally hands off trouble free heat ! It performs precisely as advertised. The vent connections are totally clever !! exhaust goes out and combustion air comes in through the same vent. the later serves to keep the vent cool to the touch and fire safe.

I read a couple of reviews from folks obviously unfamiliar with physics complaining about noise. The noise is obviously caused by thermal expansion/contraction of metals used in the heat exchanger. I hear no more than two pops on each cool down [power turned off]. it occurs only at power off about 3-15 mins after turning off. the pops usually only one or two in number and last less than 1/10 of a second.. Its totally easy to ignore. now if there were 20 pops it might be irritating to some. But even the most persnickety kermudgeon can deal with one or two pops pretty easily ! I think it grossly unfair that someone would try to damage a company's sales over some totally BS thing like this ! Refuting one reviewers claim.. this product is far and away from being "Junk". This is actually a pretty sophisticated, techy microprocessor controlled product with a 7 state modulating gas valve. This means that the flame can be set by commands from the processor in 7 increments. eg say 35k, 30k, 25k, 20k, 15k, and 10k BTU's. This eliminates needing to turn the burner off until next on cycle as furnaces do. This and eliminating ducting makes this product very efficient and thus pretty cheap to operate compared to a conventional furnace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in perfect shape and evens the temp, March 23, 2013
G. Truett (Northwest California) - See all my reviews
All good things about this heater are true, and we're adjusting to the noise of the fan (we live in the country, so it doubles the refrigerator noise at times.) One thing: it showed an error code and would turn off after about ten seconds. One of the micro cables on the front, under the casing, was not plugged in. Probably left the factory that way, which is why it was helpful to have a certified installer, The big difference for us is the evenness of the temperature in our 600 ft kitchen-dining-living space, and somewhat in the rest of the house. It easily keeps the temp at 70 without their being hot and cold spots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, February 2, 2013
I bought this at a discount from Amazon, it said it was used but it appears that it was a retuned product. It is pretty easy to install and worked right from the get-go. Some reviewers said it noisy and it can be when it is cooling dow or starting up but not to the point of returning it. I only hear it at night when I'm in bed and I live in the country so it's pretty quiet. We are using it as back up heat to heat out old 1300sqft Vermont farmhouse that has been reinsulated and sealed.We have a wood stove that we use for our primary and this picks up the slack when we are at work and at night. It does the job very well and I have full faith that it can be a stand alone heat source if we are on vacation or if we don't want to heat with wood anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Heater, September 3, 2010
The Rinnai is an excellent unit. I purchased this one to heat a small barn. I wanted a unit which would not exhaust fumes into the heated space. The Rinnai met my requirement but it also has been quiet.

My husband, an electrical contractor, did the installation. He was extremely impressed by the excellent design and workmanship of the unit.

I will be in the market for another heater for a different building; I intend to purchase from Rinnai again.

The unit arrived by truck in excellent condition. Other reviews have commented that units shipped by UPS frequently arrived damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing heater, November 8, 2010
The Rinnai heater is superb. The control panel is simplicity itself, and the instant-on heat warms a room immediately. I've not had enough time to gauge how much propane it uses, but at this point it seems very economical. I would recommend this heater to anyone looking for an efficient product with a small foot print.

5.0 out of 5 stars heating stove, November 29, 2010
This has turned out to be the best stove we have ever had in 37 years. We have had several other brands and types but this on takes the prize in every aspect. It's just a super, fantastic product. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to this product. You would not be the least bit dissatisfied and I would recommend this stove to anyone tired of heaters that just don't cut the mustard. Two thumbs up, at least!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, November 25, 2011
We use our new heater for the in-law efficiency apt and is perfect. Quiet, easy to install and delivering the heat well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick A$$ you won't go wrong buying this killer Furnace., February 25, 2014
Best item I have ever purchased on Amazon... Can't say enough good things about this unit. Easy to install (almost foolproof) to how well it heats our house, just awsome!!
The downside is getting one delivered on time and undamaged... good luck!!
Best advice is open the box and look at it before you sign the truck bill, because it may look good on the outside but be dented to hell and back on the inside...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›