5.0 out of 5 stars Actually one big box
There are lots of great reviews of Dominion and the Dominion: Alchemy and Dominion: Prosperity expansions under the individual listings, so I'm going to focus on the unique aspects of this particular item to add some info that isn't in the product listing.

Published on December 15, 2010 by Cascadilla Press

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Black Market and Envoy Cards
Published on June 9, 2011 by hansolo267

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually one big box, December 15, 2010
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)

Since Amazon just shows pictures of the individual sets right now in the Big Box listing, I was surprised that the Big Box is actually a single large box, roughly 19"x12"x4". The regular Dominion boxes are roughly 12"x12"x3". The appearance of the Big Box cover is somewhat dull compared to the individual set boxes. Inside, the cards fit vertically instead of horizontally, which is why the box is taller than the regular boxes. If you use the included card label inserts (complete with font errors and a typo on Laboratory), the basic treasure and victory cards are mixed in with the Prosperity cards, and there are no slots for the included Envoy and Black Market cards. I can't imagine using the playing mat, which is simply an overly large mat with printed spaces for the treasure and victory cards and for trash.

If you don't want to rebox your Dominion cards into something more compact, this box will save a little space and a little money over buying the individual boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Showing an unboxing of the Dominion Big Box, July 16, 2012
Length:: 7:20 Mins

A fairly quick video to show you what's in the Big Box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a great game, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
As other reviews have pointed out, this does come in one large box, not the individual boxes for each game. Included is a plastic insert that allows you to organize all your cards pretty well - I had no problem getting everything to fit and was able to keep the expansions apart from the main game. Included in the box is:

Dominion (base game)
Dominion: Alchemy
Dominion: Prosperity
Envoy Promo Cards
Black Market Promo Cards
Rules and Instructions for each game and expansion
Playing mat for the Treasure, Victory, Curse and Trash cards

Dominion is a great game, and it is much cheaper to spend and extra $17 to buy this edition and get 2 expansions along with it. Purchased separately these would be close to $100 or more, so this is a great deal. My package shipped within 3 days (with the free shipping) and was in great condition when it arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
Well, I purchased this set as a gift for my husband for Christmas. He was raving about playing at a game night he went to. These are not usually my type of game. I tried Magic the Gathering and it's ok. Nothing I'm that interested in, so basically my eyes glazed over when he explained this one to me. However, I LOVE IT. It's fun, never the same thing twice and with the two expansion kits, makes for great fun right out of the box. Nice. I wish they offered the two remaining expansion games in one box set too, that would be the icing on the cake.

1. Good fun for the wife that doesn't enjoy this type of game normally
2. Our 10 year old even likes it
3. Great to have 2 Expansion games and the cool board in one box

If you are interested, get it. fun times

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Game, Great Box Set, May 13, 2012
J. Buell (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
The Box Itself: I first want to address a few issues that previous reviewers have had. As of this writing (5/2012) they seem to have solved the "not everything fits" problem. There is plenty of room for everything, it just takes a few minutes to figure out when you are first setting up the box. There are a few places that are a little "off". For instance, the space for Platinum and Duchy are about twice as large as they should be so they flop over a bit. For the Duchy it's not too bad but for Platinum the cards kept falling out of their slot. We solved this by putting the blank and trash cards, as well as the promo cards until we got Intrigue. By the way, if having a space for Black Market and Envoy is really important to you- buy Intrigue! It has two spaces specifically for those two actions. Otherwise everything fits fine. We did get an extra pack of cards containing the draw cards and extra coins, but I'm not going to complain about extra cards with this game!

Yes, the box is quite large, however I very much appreciate it. Having three expansion in one box means there's one less box to haul around with us. And yes, we do bring the Big Box and Intrigue with us whenever we go over to friends' houses. We have almost all of our friend addicted to Dominion and go over to their places a couple of times a week. The box really isn't *too* big to do that with.

The cards are regular playing cards and have a bit of a fragility issue. We did not buy anything to put them in so that everything would still fit in the box, and by doing piles instead of shuffling and not allowing drinks on the game table they cards have stayed in pretty good shape. But that is something you need to be very careful of. That, and counting before you put everything back in the box at the end of the game to ensure you have everything. Very important!

The Games: We played and fell in love with Dominion at my cousins house and jumped online to buy it while we were at the airport heading home. Dominion (Main Set) by itself is a fun game that requires a lot of strategy and just a little luck, which is my ideal game combination. With the Main Set cards you can possibly pay 10-15 times before the cards become too repetitive. Since we play Dominion all the time getting Prosperity and Alchemy was a huge bonus and has kept the game interesting for weeks.

I actually really enjoy Alchemy and of the four sets we have (Main, Alchemy, Prosperity, and Intrigue) it's my favorite. I don't find the game to be too much about who buys potions and who doesn't because we typically only have 2-3 cards that require potions to buy, and often those who buy potions fall back early in the game because they are trying to get those cards. But to me they have the funnest action combinations. Prosperity is a lot of fun as well and adds a whole new element to the game making it a "rich" game. It's always fun to get 20 coins by the end of your turn. Not so much fun if you only have one buy!

Overall: I am very happy we bought the Big Box. After we bought Intrigue and found ourselves bringing two boxes over to friends' homes I realized the value of having everything in one box. Especially when we start buying the other expansions. The game itself is great, very addicting! I love how you can also play with just two players so my husband and I can play with just us if we don't have any friends around to join us. With games like Catan we love to play but since it's hard sometimes to find that third person it usually stays on the shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not three separate boxes, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
We love this game, but I will say that we thought that this was three separate boxes when we ordered it. We already have the original Dominion and were planning on giving the new one to friends and keeping the expansion. Instead, it comes in one giant box with pictures of the three smaller boxes on it as shown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, December 23, 2010
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
After reading reviews about the quality of the product, I got a little nervous. But tonight my Amazon shipment came in and the game set was great! I had to make sure I had the card marker inserts facing the right direction but all cards fit nicely. It's true that randomizer card slot doesn't fit all cards but after I took out victory and money cards, everything fit. I'm happy with the quality and price of this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Black Market and Envoy Cards, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
Don't count on the Black Market and Envoy promo cards shipping with this product. When I contacted the 3rd party seller and manufacturer about the missing cards, they both seemed surprised that Amazon had promised them as part of the product bundle. Since these promo cards are an after-market addition by Amazon, you may have to order directly from Amazon to receive them. You may be out of luck if you go through a 3rd party seller. Numerous buyers have complained about being misled by this in various online gaming forums. Alternatively, you can get the promo cards through BoardGameGeek.com, but they are out of them until July.

I agree with a lot other buyers' feedback. Alchemy is pretty lame, but Prosperity is great. Depending on the pricing, you're probably better off saving money by just getting the base game + Prosperity. Some of the card slots in the box are too small, and others are too big. The full color play mat is pretty pointless.

Dominion is an awesome game in general, and I highly recommend it. I just wouldn't recommend this particular bundling of products.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, nice package, September 13, 2011
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
This is a great game set. The game is fun and easy to learn but hard to master. The Big Box is organized well. I only wish that they would come out with Dominion Big Box 2 with Intrigue, Seaside, and Cornucopia. That would be sweet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for anyone. Even non-fantasy gamers, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Dominion: Big Box (Toy)
Learn it in five minutes, master it in 50 years. Every game is different and everyone has enjoyed playing it. Even people who are not into cardgames or rpg's. The box set is the way to go for price and portability. Good for kids too as it works with basic math and reading and will help teach strategic thought and being a good winner or loser. It helps too that is is not usually about hurting another player as it is about choosing well for yourself.

Dominion: Big Box