4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Bluetooth for Samgung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard + Leather Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Published 20 months ago by SandO

1.0 out of 5 stars DIfficult to Type & Stained My Tab
Published 23 months ago by Evan

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Bluetooth for Samgung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, November 24, 2012
This review is from: RioRand® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard + Leather Case Stand for 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab P3100, P3110, P6200, P6210 (Personal Computers)
Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard + Leather Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
After reading the reviews, I wasn't sure if I would like this product or not. I can honestly say that it does the job I need it to do. I use the Keyboard/Tablet combo as a more portable option to my laptop, using it for document creation,for work and college, reading, and passing the time.

Pros:
Good fit for the Galaxy Tab.
Not to bulky. Fits right in my work bag.
Not difficult to link the Bluetooth and set up. The keyboard and Tablet remember each other, even after both have been shutdown.
Great battery life.
Affordable.

Cons:
It does discolor the Tab. This is pure aesthetics and not an issue for me.
Typing on it takes some getting used to. The keys are stiff, but in a pinch it is still faster than the touch screen. For huge typing projects I have to rely upon my laptop though.
Hard to hold when using the Tab as an ereader. Easy fix, just slip it out of the case.

I would by this again? Yes.

While it isn't a "dream" product,it does what I need it to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars DIfficult to Type & Stained My Tab, August 31, 2012
UPDATE: After deciding to no longer use this case because of the added bulk and not very useful keyboard, I took my white Galaxy Tab out, and the back is stained from the case. My Tab was brand new when it went in, and it was in the case for only a few weeks. Now it has a darkened border that I doubt I will be able to fully remove. In sum, I am very disappointed with this product. I WOULD ADVISE PEOPLE WITH WHITE TABLETS TO CONSIDER ANOTHER CASE.

Here is my original post:

After having this a few weeks, I decided to edit my review. At first I thought is was worthy of three stars, but I am downgrading it.

It is debatable whether or not it is faster than the screen keyboard. It is barely half way to a real keyboard. It is fine for minimal typing, but I don't even want to write simple emails with it. The keys require extra weight, and the space bar and back space keys are down-right difficult to hit hard enough or in the exact right spots. It typically type around 50+ wpm, but I would struggle to get out of the teens with this keyboard. Here are the details in bullet point form:

Pros:
+ Lightweight
+ Compact -- as compared to Samsung's keyboard dock, which is pretty bulky
+ Horizontal Orientation -- again comparing with the keyboard dock, which forces you to mount it vertically
+ Easy to Set Up
+ Responsive -- When you hit the keys hard enough anyway
+ Keyboard Layout -- If you are used to a netbook keyboard, you won't have any trouble finding the keys
+ Price -- it's not that much more than a case without a keyboard

Cons:
- Difficult to Type Fast -- You will be hard pressed to get above 20 words per minute
- Silicone Keys -- They actually are not that comfortable to type with, and you can't quite feel whether or not you have hit the key hard enough.
- A Tiny Bit Bulky -- compared to a case without a keyboard anyway

I would only recommend this keyboard/case to people who are opposed to typing on the touch screen and need something smaller than the Samsung Keyboard Dock or other stand alone bluetooth keyboards. Even so, I would recommend people look for a keyboard/case with better keys.

It is such a slight step up from the screen that I think most people might actually prefer screen typing, especially if they are already used to it or not very fast typists anyway. If you type anywhere above 30 words per minute, and you will be sure to get frustrated with this input device's typing speed.

Hope this helps folks in their keyboard shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard + Leather Case Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, November 15, 2012
Excellent case for the Samsung 7 inch Tab 2 unit. The key board works, but has a sloppy feel. It beats the touch KB on screen, but it is not equal to a full Keyboard. On balance, for the money, I have yet to see any case that is better for this tablet. Buy it you will like it

1.0 out of 5 stars Low Quality Keyboard, December 30, 2012
This product is flimsy. I broke the first time I plugged it in to charge. I would not buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swell, September 17, 2012
RJ (Virginia, US) - See all my reviews
Great case. It is stylish, works well, and provides great protection for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2! It connects well and I don't have that spacebar issue that everyone keeps complaining about. The only flaw is that the shift characters do not match up to the regular qwerty keyboard and often times using non alpha-numerical characters will give you something undesired. Overall, a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for samsung galaxy 2 tablet, December 3, 2013
i am so happy i purchased this case for my samsung galaxy 7 tab it fits perfectly and it syncs very quickly to the tablet i love and and so does everyone else they are always asking me where i got it

1.0 out of 5 stars lemon, January 1, 2013
nice case but keyboard did not sync well with tablet. keystrokes were delayed so much you couldn't type. needless to say it went back.

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't work, January 18, 2013
Steven White (Grand Island, NE, US) - See all my reviews
after the first day of having this product it would not charge. I ordered a second keyboard and after about two weeks the charging port came out of the keyboard. Poor product

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Keyboard, May 7, 2013
I need a tablet and keyboard for the work I do. Writing is difficult because I have arthritis at the base of my thumb. I was excited to find this tablet folio with a keyboard for my 7 in. tab. But I never got to use the keyboard because as soon as I tried to charge it, it became evident that the charge cord did not fit well with the port on the keyboard. As a matter of fact, the port ultimately broke away from the circuit board. I am somewhat tech savy so don't think I put it in upside down. I installed it correctly. But on further investigation I found that the keyboard had already been tampered with. I guess I got a cheap return. Since I still needed a folio, I kept it w/o the keyboard which I still needed to search for. That is no easy task. I will think twice before ordering from Amazon since I won't know what I am getting and it's too much of a hastle to return and try over.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk., February 24, 2013
Rubberized keys, and we couldn't even charge it as the micro USB port must have had a cold solder joint and it just fell into the case the first time we tried to plug in the charger. Very poor quality.

Rate and Discover Movies