Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rip Me Apart (Dark Love Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 18, 2013
It's really rare that I can't find a single redeeming quality in a book. Usually there's something. This book was so awful that I don't know where to start. But I'll try.

The writing: I've never read worse writing. The author doesn't even know how to put together a grammatically correct sentence. She doesn't seem to know the difference between their, they're and there; or to, too and two. Don't even get me started on the difference between between using I versus me. The writing was awful! My 3rd grader could write better and probably has.

The characters: Awful. There was nothing likable about any of the characters. In fact, I ended the book hating both of them. Not just disliking them, HATING them.

The story: Beyond awful. I've read bad romance and erotic stories, but this was awful. This book came with a warning that some scenes would be difficult or offensive; but I don't think that warning is sufficient, so let me give you a better warning: This book comes with scenes of blatant rape where the victim is supposed to enjoy it??? Seriously??? I'm not offended by much, but I'm deeply offended by a rape scene where the victim has an internal battle with herself because she's enjoying it at the same time that she's saying the pain was excruciating and almost more than she can handle. An 18 year old homeless kid (which is what the main character is)...a virgin, no less...raped vaginally and anally by a 30-something year old man is not interesting reading in my mind.

The book ends with a cliffhanger. Seriously? Why in the world would anyone want to read more? I not only wish I could get my 99 cents back that I paid for this book, but I feel like charging the author for the couple of hours of time I will never be able to get back.

I'm going to do something I've never done. I'm going to recommend to all readers that they skip this book. If you like romance or erotica, there are a lot of much better choices out there. This is not one of them. I can't imagine anyone finding anything redeeming about this book, the story, the writing or the characters.
on October 17, 2013
The book ended with a cliffhanger. Need to know what happens. Cannot find the author on Google or Facebook!! How are we going to know when the next book comes out?? I follow authors on Facebook to find out when next books are coming out. I suggest author gets a FB paged to promote her book.
on October 31, 2013
Really loved the plot but BEWARE, although the sex is consensual, it's really rough and brutal to the point of being abusive(and graphic). I would not recommend this to those who are sensitive in regards to physically abusive relationships (way beyond BDSM). I felt like a big sicko for wanting to read more. The biggest minus for me was how it ended abruptly after a very dramatic scene. There were some typos, so for those that are part of the Literary Nazi Critique Brigade- THIS READ IS NOT FOR YOU.
on October 22, 2013
Spoiler--> I enjoyed the build up and was really looking forward to finding out how she will explain the bruises to her brother but the story just ended very abruptly. Looking forward to the next book. Can we get an eta?
on October 17, 2013
I took a chance on this book & found it quite intriguing. It was a little short and I wish it had answered a few more questions. Not for the faint of heart. Some may find the sex overly violent and harsh. I am anxious to see what happens next.
on October 17, 2013
Overall book was not bad. There are parts that I was not keen on. the ending was a bit... Didn't like it. Book just stopped, not the best time.

Overall the series has potential.

For those who do not like certain graphic violence heed the warning in the synopsis.
on October 29, 2013
Warning: This book and its series will contain disturbing situations including graphic, violent sex scenes.

This is a great story, erotic and dark. Dani, her mom and brother move from Canada to Chicago and before they reach the hotel where they will be staying. Their world comes crashing down. Her mom is killed by a drunk driver and Dani and her brother are injured but time will heal the injuries but not their broken hearts. They wind up staying with Tonya, a prostitute, and she talks Dani into meeting her aunt/pimp. Dani doesn't want to do it but she needs the money to keep her and her brother safe. She meets Gabriel, the billionaire with the strange fetish. My heart broke for Dani and her brother but I hate Tonya. She was always putting them down.

Great read but there is a big cliffhanger and I NEED BOOK 2 NOW!
on October 24, 2013
I would have loved to give this book more than two starts because it has so much potential and it kept me wanting to know more. I looked at some reviews where there was an indication of rape, but she had so many times to leave and yes he was rough too rough, but did we forget that she within info from Gabriel how can you not tell someone you are a virgin. I know her objective was to make it better for her and her brother but she seemed to keep forgetting that he existed from being mesmerized by all that is gabriel. Especially when she is still being buddy buddy with the girl tonya who she should have paid her what she owed her and kept a moving. she has already shown you all she cares about is the mighty dollar nothing more and nothing left. So now here we are and Gabriel has done the dead and we are left wondering what tomororw brings, but the book the author claims is out on amamzon doesnt claim to exist anywhere. The author doesnt seem to exist anywhere as well. I am feeling kind of mad at this author right now because I need book 2 and I need to be know when it is coming out.
on October 26, 2013
I love love this book. The only thing I don't like is him hitting her on the face but I guess it's rough sex. I love Bdsm book. And Gabriel is totally a dark angle with a mix of alpha male in him. Danielle better watch out lol. I look forward to reading the next one soon. Amazing job Lola De Jour
on October 23, 2013
I am not sure what I just read. An erotic story yes. A romance no. A rape story yes. I am all for rough sex but this was plain rape. Not cool.