5.0 out of 5 stars Great board
Published on October 16, 2008 by J. Perryman

3.0 out of 5 stars bad wheels
The RipStick G is lots of fun. However, I have had mine for only 2 weeks and the rear wheel has already completely disintegrated. I am not miss using it as I already knew how to RipStick when I got it so either the rear wheel was a dud or the wheels that come with the board are cheap junk. I hope that I have better luck with replacement wheels. If the expected lifespan of...
Published 3 months ago by norem

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board, October 16, 2008
This review is from: RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board (Sports)
This is a great buy for anybody. I saw my friend riding a wave board and he let me try it when I inquired what it was. It was a lot of fun and very addicting. He told me that if i bought one to get a waveboard because the waveboard was better that the ripstik because it had a smoother ride and it was better built. I went to Walmart and was looking at the wave boards and I saw the ripstick G. It looked a lot cooler so I bought it. To tell you the truth, this is the coolest board out there. I love this board and ride it everyday.

The only reason to buy this over a ripstick is if you are going to "grind", which is going on a rail. It is also better built and has a smoother ride than most other boards. If your going to buy it, buy it on Amazon. It's cheaper than anywhere else and it also gets you free shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Board- You won't put it down, June 3, 2009
J. Sandman (Newtown, pa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board (Sports)
I'm an adult and I wanted to get a caster board after seeing one of the neighborhood kids riding one. He let me try it out and it was alot of fun and great exercise. I went to our local sporting goods store and originally bought the Wave board because it was on sale and the guy at the store told me it was made better than the ripstik. Took it home and it was ok but not as smooth or as easy to use as the neighbor's ripstik. After 2 weeks of use, the Wave board became increasingly difficult to use- the joints on the wheels did not feel like they were turning as fluidly, particularly uphill. Took the Wave board back to the store where they graciously returned it and bought the ripstik G. I don't intend to grind but I read some reviews that the G is smoother and more durable than the original ripstik. In addition, I have 2 boys who are now using my board constantly (I have since ordered a second one) and might like to do some tricks, plus the price was fine. The G is AMAZING. Significantly faster and smoother than the Wave. Going uphill is much easier. Carving is no problem at all. My 6 year old took to the G in no time. Our young neighbor has the Ripster (the smaller ripstik made for younger kids). I can see how that would be a good product for little kids just starting out but I will tell you that my son had no trouble picking up the full size G with some practice and he now rides like a pro. He is not into tricks yet but I can see it is coming. One word of caution is that the G is fast on hills. You really have to carve (go side to side) or you will fall and get hurt. In conclusion, this is a great product that I highly recommend. Do not waste your time (as I did) on other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, September 20, 2008
My son loves this board! He is 9 years old and it took him a couple of days to get the hang of it, but with the help of the video that comes along with it, he has really gotten good on it. I would highly recommend this product. It is worth the extra money for the quality of this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars RipStik rocks., May 30, 2009
czkathy (Maryland Heights, MO United States) - See all my reviews
My 11-year-old son has been riding the RipStik "G" for about a month now, and loves it. His comments:

I'd only give it four stars because it's tough to turn when you're just getting started. Also, stopping is very tough because I either jump off (which is not the right way) or tilt the tail one way and have the board scrape on the pavement.
The G tube makes it easier to grind, which is really wicked.
If you're used to riding a skateboard, it's easier to learn the RipStik.
It's tougher than a regular board because the RipStik only has two wheels, so it's not balanced when you stand still.
I've been using it for a month and it still looks new, but be sure to keep the wheels clean so it lasts.
Finally, riding the RipStik gives you sore, tired legs, which Mom says is good for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!!!!!!, April 1, 2009
S. Brown (Fort Collins, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board (Sports)
Ok, so I origionaly had a regulare ripstik, red. My dad ran over it with his car so there was an opportunity to get this board. So far, I love it way better than the regular one. It rides smoother, and faster. Pluse its alot stroger. All I have to say is, wow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun & Fitness Item, July 3, 2012
This review is from: RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board (Sports)
I am a 44 year old female who has never skateboarded or done anything similar to this before. I was interested in an activity that would tone my core and abs and this has more than filled that bill. I can see a definite difference in both my legs and midsection after using the ripstik consistently for the past few months. While it took me half a day to really pick up the motion, it took my 20 year old nephew only about 15 minutes. I originally thought maybe the stick was on the long side for me (I am 5'3") and bought the ripster which was much lighter and easier to use but in the end I realized it was too short and it began bothering my knees when I used it too long. Then I tried the original ripstik thinking that maybe the lighter weight would make it easier to get around with. It was easier to get uphill (less effort needed) and I did think it had more play in the deck that made turning tightly easier but in the end the ride was so much less smooth that I found the road rumble bothering my ankles. Probably not a big issue for the under 40 set but for me I found myself right back where I had started with my original purchase and I write all that to hopefully save someone else the time and expense of figuring it out. The G is a much smoother ride and as I got stronger from using it I have no trouble at all now going all around the neighborhood. In fact the other morning my husband tracked the route I had ripstiked and I was amazed that I had covered 3 miles ... and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Would definitely recommend this product and like others have said Amazon is the best price I have seen for this item anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mucho points won with Grandson...., July 13, 2008
My Grandson was 12 this July. He is INTO boarding and really wanted this Ripstick. He loves it! Thanks....

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn some heads!, August 19, 2010
This review is from: RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board (Sports)
Caster Boards are one of the latest and greatest inventions on the market today.

I was first introduced to one thanks to my sister, who got the idea from one of her friends. She had bought a Wave Board, which is really just a fancy caster board copy of the RipStik. I tried hers out and knew i just had to buy one for myself.

I was originally planning on buying a Wave Board like hers, but then i decided to buy a RipStik just to be different. I'm glad i did! The RipStik is a much smoother ride, and turning is much easier. On her Wave Board, stability is a bit better, but its a lot harder to get it going. We race all the time, and i always win haha.

I like riding through my college campus, turning heads. Its classic to hear someone behind me say "How does he do that?" Even the skateboarders with their beat up old boards watch me go by in envy. You can do tricks on RipStiks too, but it's a bit harder than on a skateboard. If you just want something fun to ride though, definitely go with the RipStik.

Overall, the RipStik is by far the best caster board out there. You might be intrigued by all the fancy designs and color schemes that the wave board comes in, but as far as performance goes, you can't beat the RipStik!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!!!!, September 16, 2008
My 10 years old learned to use these type of boards last december with a chinese wave, 4 months later he was an expert the next it broke. With this new Ripstik G he has resumed his learning and doing tricks. THIS IS THE REAL ONE!!!! - Don't waste your money in anything different, this product is designed for tricks and with a simple look at it you will see is a heavy duty product.
I highly recomend it - I will let you know within a year.
Excellent product!!!
AH - Caracas Venezuela

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy, December 26, 2008
I've never been one for skateboarding, to casterboarding was something new to me. You never have to step off the board to accelerate (deceleration is another matter), and turning is as simple as leaning your body the right way. Going uphill is hard, but not impossible. The bearings tend to get sticky in mud and dirt, but that's expected. The board has issues going over large cracks in the sidewalk - the front wheel tends to drop into them, and not come back out (ie, the board stops short at the crack).

RipStik "G" Grind Caster Board