Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 3, 2009
I'm an adult and I wanted to get a caster board after seeing one of the neighborhood kids riding one. He let me try it out and it was alot of fun and great exercise. I went to our local sporting goods store and originally bought the Wave board because it was on sale and the guy at the store told me it was made better than the ripstik. Took it home and it was ok but not as smooth or as easy to use as the neighbor's ripstik. After 2 weeks of use, the Wave board became increasingly difficult to use- the joints on the wheels did not feel like they were turning as fluidly, particularly uphill. Took the Wave board back to the store where they graciously returned it and bought the ripstik G. I don't intend to grind but I read some reviews that the G is smoother and more durable than the original ripstik. In addition, I have 2 boys who are now using my board constantly (I have since ordered a second one) and might like to do some tricks, plus the price was fine. The G is AMAZING. Significantly faster and smoother than the Wave. Going uphill is much easier. Carving is no problem at all. My 6 year old took to the G in no time. Our young neighbor has the Ripster (the smaller ripstik made for younger kids). I can see how that would be a good product for little kids just starting out but I will tell you that my son had no trouble picking up the full size G with some practice and he now rides like a pro. He is not into tricks yet but I can see it is coming. One word of caution is that the G is fast on hills. You really have to carve (go side to side) or you will fall and get hurt. In conclusion, this is a great product that I highly recommend. Do not waste your time (as I did) on other brands.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2008
This is a great buy for anybody. I saw my friend riding a wave board and he let me try it when I inquired what it was. It was a lot of fun and very addicting. He told me that if i bought one to get a waveboard because the waveboard was better that the ripstik because it had a smoother ride and it was better built. I went to Walmart and was looking at the wave boards and I saw the ripstick G. It looked a lot cooler so I bought it. To tell you the truth, this is the coolest board out there. I love this board and ride it everyday.

The only reason to buy this over a ripstick is if you are going to "grind", which is going on a rail. It is also better built and has a smoother ride than most other boards. If your going to buy it, buy it on Amazon. It's cheaper than anywhere else and it also gets you free shipping.
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2008
My son loves this board! He is 9 years old and it took him a couple of days to get the hang of it, but with the help of the video that comes along with it, he has really gotten good on it. I would highly recommend this product. It is worth the extra money for the quality of this product.
on April 1, 2009
Ok, so I origionaly had a regulare ripstik, red. My dad ran over it with his car so there was an opportunity to get this board. So far, I love it way better than the regular one. It rides smoother, and faster. Pluse its alot stroger. All I have to say is, wow!
on July 3, 2012
I am a 44 year old female who has never skateboarded or done anything similar to this before. I was interested in an activity that would tone my core and abs and this has more than filled that bill. I can see a definite difference in both my legs and midsection after using the ripstik consistently for the past few months. While it took me half a day to really pick up the motion, it took my 20 year old nephew only about 15 minutes. I originally thought maybe the stick was on the long side for me (I am 5'3") and bought the ripster which was much lighter and easier to use but in the end I realized it was too short and it began bothering my knees when I used it too long. Then I tried the original ripstik thinking that maybe the lighter weight would make it easier to get around with. It was easier to get uphill (less effort needed) and I did think it had more play in the deck that made turning tightly easier but in the end the ride was so much less smooth that I found the road rumble bothering my ankles. Probably not a big issue for the under 40 set but for me I found myself right back where I had started with my original purchase and I write all that to hopefully save someone else the time and expense of figuring it out. The G is a much smoother ride and as I got stronger from using it I have no trouble at all now going all around the neighborhood. In fact the other morning my husband tracked the route I had ripstiked and I was amazed that I had covered 3 miles ... and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Would definitely recommend this product and like others have said Amazon is the best price I have seen for this item anywhere.
on May 30, 2009
My 11-year-old son has been riding the RipStik "G" for about a month now, and loves it. His comments:

I'd only give it four stars because it's tough to turn when you're just getting started. Also, stopping is very tough because I either jump off (which is not the right way) or tilt the tail one way and have the board scrape on the pavement.
The G tube makes it easier to grind, which is really wicked.
If you're used to riding a skateboard, it's easier to learn the RipStik.
It's tougher than a regular board because the RipStik only has two wheels, so it's not balanced when you stand still.
I've been using it for a month and it still looks new, but be sure to keep the wheels clean so it lasts.
Finally, riding the RipStik gives you sore, tired legs, which Mom says is good for me.
on July 13, 2008
My Grandson was 12 this July. He is INTO boarding and really wanted this Ripstick. He loves it! Thanks....
on June 11, 2015
If you are a little over weight like 220 or 250 this is your choice of a RipStick. The RipStick "G" Caster Board is a lot smoother than the original RipStick. It easier to go up small hills and easier to learn to ride on. It's also a bit stronger than the original too, because it has the Grinder metal piece in the middle for grinding on and it also work as a support, that's why it's good for heavier people. I love it! I weighted 230 at the time and now I'm 200 lbs and I had it for over 3 months and it's still in great shape, after using it at least 3 times a week or more! I highly recommend this product to all ages.
on May 22, 2014
I'm typing with a slightly bruised wrist (should have worn my wrist guards!) and ankle (thinking about ordering some basketball type sneakers) when I bit it a couple of times riding this RipStik, but those minor injuries do not take away from the fact that this is one fun ride! I'm convinced my stomach might be a little flatter too, but given that I only started riding this 2 days ago, I can't say this as a scientific fact. I'll report back after a year :) I'm not the most coordinated person in the world, but I did snowboard a tiny bit in my younger days. I do laugh at myself though when I'm on it, though, as I am an almost 40-yr old mom, and it's even funnier when my kids (who are still little) think I'm cool riding it. I figure when they get older I can get them to do their chores quicker if I threaten to show up at their school riding this thing.
on August 19, 2010
Caster Boards are one of the latest and greatest inventions on the market today.

I was first introduced to one thanks to my sister, who got the idea from one of her friends. She had bought a Wave Board, which is really just a fancy caster board copy of the RipStik. I tried hers out and knew i just had to buy one for myself.

I was originally planning on buying a Wave Board like hers, but then i decided to buy a RipStik just to be different. I'm glad i did! The RipStik is a much smoother ride, and turning is much easier. On her Wave Board, stability is a bit better, but its a lot harder to get it going. We race all the time, and i always win haha.

I like riding through my college campus, turning heads. Its classic to hear someone behind me say "How does he do that?" Even the skateboarders with their beat up old boards watch me go by in envy. You can do tricks on RipStiks too, but it's a bit harder than on a skateboard. If you just want something fun to ride though, definitely go with the RipStik.

Overall, the RipStik is by far the best caster board out there. You might be intrigued by all the fancy designs and color schemes that the wave board comes in, but as far as performance goes, you can't beat the RipStik!