5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!
Published on May 20, 2008 by Lenny M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great!
Published on May 3, 2011 by Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, May 20, 2008
This review is from: Ripcords Resistance Exercise Bands Black Sniper Edition: 6 bands, Door Anchor, Circuit7 DVD and Manual (Misc.)
It's easy to switch between tensions because there are no clips like I've seen with other systems. Ripcords is the quality class brand and the simplest to use. I highly recommend this system but listen... unless you are an extremely fit and strong person, I recommend you stick with the 5-pack as the Black Sniper is an intense push. I can't even do a full Circuit7 (which by the way is a genius circuit) with the Black Sniper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great exercise!, January 21, 2009
Ripcords are excellent to keep in shape and tightens your muscles. I still have difficulty building muscles like free weights do, but this product is great for toning. Ripcords are awesome to take on vacations where most people pack on pounds and you can still workout. I would highly recommend the Black Snipper Edition since I used all the cords in my workout and also I think you really need the DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great!, May 3, 2011
I brought these bands a few months back and they were good. They gave me a bit of pump and even had my arms shaking at one point. But then the black sniper broke. The steel ring that holds the band to the handle broke clean off. Amazed, I switched to the blue band. Which after about 15 mins work split in two in the middle of the band. I thought these were supposed to be the strongest bands on the market? Nevertheless, I emailed Astone Fitness 3 months ago and told them my concerns and I have heard absolutely NOTHING!. Thanks for the awesome customer service Asotne Fitness. I would never buy or even recommend these bands to anyone. When they work, they are pretty good, but when something goes wrong, clearly you are on your own. My advice, go out and buy regular old dumbbells.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and using it at work..., August 19, 2009
Bought the "Black Sniper" version from Ripcords and I very pleased with the product. I sit in front of a computer all day (sometimes up to 14 hours per day) and I like the convenience of putting one of the bands in my backpack on my way out the door in the morning and using it at my desk. You'd be surprised at just doing this 5 minutes at a time for 5 times during the course of the day can bring results. I've counted up to 12 different exercises I've been able to do just sitting at my desk. As a result, 9 people in my office have now ordered this product and they're waiting for them to ship so they can start using the bands at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome workout!!, July 19, 2008
A. Smith (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
My husband must have mentioned that he wanted Ripcords 10 times before I finally just ordered him a set. We haven't had much time to get to the gym lately but we are both using Ripcords now. He even keeps one in the shower and works out there but I guess we have a big shower. I have washed away all of my gym envy and guilt without even leaving the house. I memorized most of the Circuit7 video and have started using them in the sun in the backyard so I get a tan at the same time... taking them camping next weekend... wish I had them when we were in college.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Effective, June 2, 2010
Forget expensive and bulky free-weights; Rip cords are simple, inexpensive and portable. I can pack a couple of cords in my laptop bag and bring them to the office or on the road. The different tensions are great for a variety of exercises you can do. The DVD is a great way to walk you through a bunch of different exercises, as well as several great 7-minute circuits. Bar none, Rip Cords are the best tension workout cords I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 11, 2012
This was a gift for my son who was very happy with your product, price was very good compared to others out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well but there are better sets, May 9, 2012
I've used these bands for 1+ year and they are decent.

They work but the main issue is that the bands are attached to their own handles. Other resistance bands have latches and you can mix and match those to create higher/lower resistances.

After regular use one of my bands snapped. Their customer service replaced the band but I did have to pay $10 for the shipping. Now I've had 4 bands snap and it's just not worth it to keep replacing them.

I'd recommend you buy a different set. Preferably a set where the bands can be combined like I mentioned above.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ripcords exercise, May 5, 2012
Easy to use indoor and outdoor exercise cords both ways are simple.The cords are good exercise for any part of body and have great directions(DVD) for use for total body condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!, November 9, 2011
These things are great! I use them more than I do free weights. You don't have to mess with any clamps to change out the amount of "weight" you'll be working with and you can take them where ever the crap you want. They'll really get your muscles tone if you keep up the workouts. The DVD is really good and can really work you out even if you're already used to working out. Why go to the gym and drive home sweaty? With these things, I can workout naked and jump in the shower right after. Better yet, I can work out IN the shower.