Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on August 24, 2014
Same as review for R o C 1. Unnecessary "F bombs".
on November 28, 2013
I 4got this was still on here. Don't bother. I don't hate it, but it is bad. Let it go
on January 28, 2013
These books are way too short. Also, Griffin Smith went way too overboard on the cursing. It was a huge, plotless mess.
on January 17, 2013
I'm a sucker for good storylines, and yes, this one sucked me in! I remember mentioning that in book 1, Griffin introduced us to an idea that has been toyed around with vigorously in Hollywood and in recent literature. But this time around, he swung it out of the ball park. In book 2, we are introduced to a society of Islamic extremists who have come under the belief that they must colonize the world in lue of the zombie pandemic. My heart didn't stop beating till the very end!
on January 17, 2013
As promised, I came back for book 2. And surely enough, I was completely satisfied. I don't know what recipe Griffin uses when concocting his stories, but it's addictive and gripping. I really am not into violence and gore, but Griffin writes about it in a sense, to create more potent, colorful visuals in your mind, bringing complete life to his action sequences. I found myself thinking a lot of Quentin Tarantino's Django: Unchained, which was a great film by the way. And of course, there is also zombies, and the fascinating storyline that has taken off from book 1. You guys need to prepare yourselves for a wild ride! I'm already getting started on book 3!
on January 17, 2013
After reading "Annihilation," I decided to download "Camp Freedom."

There is zombie or (feeder) action, with pirates and now terrorists. (Just a little over the top!) I love this book because it's different than all of the other same old, same old zombie kill gore stories.

I love the pirate characters Billy boy and Vinny the Guinea also. He's creating something really cool here and I'm going to read the third book after this one, I hope it's just as good.

BennyB!
on January 13, 2013
The intro to the series was great(those 2 pages..), after that it just fell apart into a debauchery of words and thoughts that were incredibly incoherent. The dialogue between characters is profane for no other reason than the author felt the need to swear constantly. There is no character development and the author acts like you and the characters should be interested in someone that you just met 2 pages ago that dies. The one character that had a long introduction was nothing more than a run on paragraph that took up an entire kindle page and made little sense at all. Honestly, I feel like a high school kid wrote this as a report for an English class and probably received a D, and than self published his work without the grade.

To the author:
Learn some character development, read some Terry Goodkind or George R.R. Martin
Learn to describe a fight/action scene, try some R.A. Salvatore novels
Read some other books in this genre, perhaps Joseph Talluto's White Flag series or Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead comics/novels

Your intro was fantastic, the follow through was abysmal.
on December 4, 2012
The first 3 words that come to mind when reading Rise of Chaos 2 (Camp Freedom):

Gritty. Gripping and Tense.

Told in first person narrative by a voice that has military experience ( Author Griffin Smith is ex-military) Rise of Chaos 2 (Camp Freedom)is a novelette of sorts ( small chapter books published in a series) but it is not light reading at all. It will leave you wondering what was going to happen next.

Pulani ( hmm ..name taken from Smith's wife Lani perhaps?) has been kidnapped in the first paragraph of the story by some disgusting pirates who treat her violently. She does not let these greasy manhandlers get the best of her and reveals her fiery character within moments of beginning the book.

The book is generously peppered with profanity and violence. I thought it was interesting to read the descriptions of weapons and battle tactics that Smith's experience clearly contributed. I am a long time fan of strategic planning and mapping and it was nice to see a bit in this book.

The end of the book ( which is not an end to the story, it will continue in Smith's next installment)was reminiscent of Tarintino's work. Uber violent. If you are a fan of gritty hard core "Call of Duty" type books then this book is for you.
on December 3, 2012
Some really awesome themes in this book! The author has combined different fantasies such as zombies with the themes "the end of the world as we know it" (a real-enough concept!), and the rise of "The League of Islam" (a group of muslims trying to dominate the world), which is also a frightening and real-enough thought in itself. Some fascinating ideas. The gritty language, violence and gore is all part of the appeal (lets face it, sometimes it's great to indulge in a bit of good, old-fashioned gore, violence and cussing :) A really exciting and fun page turner! A brilliant continuation of Part 1, but also a great stand-alone book. Keep them coming Griffin Smith! Can't wait for part 3 !!
on December 2, 2012
I think that this might even be better than part one of the series, and that is saying quite a lot. I think the best word I can use to describe it is exciting. It has horror elements, actions elements, humorous elements, and is just an all around really fun book to read through.

I should mention that this is part two of a series. It would work alright as a standalone book, but it is really better if you read the first part before this one. But if you decide not to, it is not the worst decision ever.