5.0 out of 5 stars Dennis Byrd is a stud, July 2, 2000
This review is from: Rise & Walk: The Trial & Triumph of Dennis Byrd (Harperspotlight) (Mass Market Paperback)
this book kept me wanting more Dennis and Angela Byrd are truly inspirational people. I highly recomend this book to any one who has had any kind of setback in their life or career. Dennis never asked "why me?" when he paralyzed playing football. Dennis used faith in him self and God to rise above it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most inspirational book I have ever read., October 21, 1999
By A Customer
I had a brush with paralysis when I was in training camp in my second year of University. The injury I suffered ended my days as a football player but I was fortunate enough to not be paralysed as a result of it. I can still, however, relate to many of the thoughts Dennis shares in his book. His story is without a doubt, one of the most inspirational I have ever heard and I admire him for his courage. Nothing I have ever read has helped me to put my life in to perspective better than "Rise and Walk". His book is among my favorites and I enjoy reading it more every time. I would recomend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A football player tells about his struggle to walk again..., September 15, 1998
By A Customer
...after a carrer ending injury. This is a very touching book, with many sad and joyful parts to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational...emotionally, physically and spirituallly!, August 30, 1999
By A Customer
My niece's neck was broken and her spinal chord injured after a drunk driver hit the car that she, her brother and boyfriend were riding in. Her injury was in the same area of her spine as Dennis'. This book gave me a great start when trying to figure out if we were on the right track, medically. I have so much respect for Dennis and Angela...spiritually, emotionally and physically they have perserveared! My son loves football (age 9) I have many reservations about him playing this game. However, Dennis has given me a new perspective and I am re-evaluating my feelings about the game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond inspirational, May 9, 1999
By A Customer
I read the book when I was losing my job because of a NAFTA downsizing. Somehow, the little things that I was facing seemed to be just that---little things. I have read the book many times, and I find new strength from it each time.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING!!!!, October 18, 1999
By A Customer
DENNIS BYRD'S TESTIMONY HAS TRULY GOT TO BE THE MOST FAITH RENEWING EVER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANYONE FACING ANY KIND OF TRIAL OR ADVERSITY IN THEIR LIFE.

Rise & Walk: The Trial & Triumph of Dennis Byrd (Harperspotlight)
Rise & Walk: The Trial & Triumph of Dennis Byrd (Harperspotlight) by Michael D'Orso (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 1994)
Used & New from: $0.01