Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rising, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures Book 2)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 4, 2012
The blurb gives a good bit of what this is about. Melanie had a mountain climbing accident that caused a lot of physical scarring on her body. She regained the use of her body but lost her boyfriend during the recovery. Climbing was a big part of her life and now she is rebuilding her confidence at an indoor climbing gym. Derrick is good friends with Melanie's brother and he has known her since she was a kid. He is proud of her desire to climb again and does everything possible to let her know she is still beautiful and strong.

I loved Derrick and thought he was perfect for Melanie. The story is short/novella length but I think the author handles it well. There was one scene with the photographer that I didnt agree with or thought could have been handled without the extra physical piece to encourage Melanie to believe she was desirable but again overall enjoyable read
on September 1, 2015
Oh, if only real life was this good. Melanie had to overcome an obstacle and Derrek was there to help her through it.

What I normally enjoy about Me. Arend's writing is her character development. I didn't feel that same intensity in this story. I saw Melanie grow, and even Nathan, but not Derrek. He was one dimensional from beginning to end.

I know not all her books are like this which is why I won't give her up, but I expected more from this hot read.
on June 19, 2015
Loved the story. But especially Derricks role in helping Mel overcome her insecurities . Goog amount background on the characters and still giving a good amount of steamy hot page tuner that keeps me loving your books.
My Review:
This is just really a fabulous book. Melanie had a horrific fall from a mountain a couple of years ago (she was a world class climber at the time) and is still dealing with the scars both mentally and physically from that. She has scars that run down the entire side of her body and is VERY self-conscious about them (to the point that she wears only long sleeves and pants all the time.) She is trying to gain back some of her love for climbing by climbing at the gym with Derrick and they quickly become involved, but he is aware of her self-doubt issues and wants her to see how beautiful and competent she still is. When Nathan comes with the article proposal and camera in-hand, Derrick sees a way to improve Melanie's self esteem in all the areas of her life.

OMG, Derrick is an AMAZING guy. He knows (Melanie has been very upfront with him) that there is huge sexual chemistry between her and Nathan. Rather than feeling threatened by that, he sees it as the perfect way to help Melanie. What's better for your self esteem, but to have two gorgeous guys panting after you?!? He's willing to take the risk of losing Melanie to another guy if it will help her in the long run. All together now....aw[...]

There are some fabulously sexy scenes in this especially when the photography comes into play. Nathan...really just another fabulous guy. He really, really likes Melanie, but he sees how good she and Derrick are together and doesn't ruin that for her. And then there's Derrick...let me just tell you, a guy that handles ropes all day...WOW!! Derrick could tie me up any time he wanted. Some seriously sexy scenes with the ropes...HOT!

There is so much emotion and warmth and friendship in this book. It is really wonderful. I LOVED the relationship between this trio. They are blurring the lines where things could get really uncomfortable really quickly, but they NEVER let any of that interfere with their friendship...always keeping things light and healthy. It was really wonderfully written and made me happy just reading it. And the ending...simply perfect! Fabulous book!
on May 1, 2014
I have enjoyed all of the books I have read by this author. This one though I enjoyed the many faceted layers to each of the characters. This read was definitely not a single dimensional book but a copulation of many facets and degrees of inter-tangled symmetry which brought each characters Psyche to flow and wrap around each other in a way to make the story exceedingly sweet, touching, and erotically romantic.
on January 25, 2012
Wow, that's all I have to say about this book! Vivian Arend does not disappoint. I love every single one of her books! Great follow up book in the series, I only hope Nathan gets a book of his own. What a sweety! This is smokin' hot! READ.IT!
on December 8, 2012
I wasnt into this story and had to really focus alot. I put it down a couple of times and came back to it to finish. I haven't picked up the next one in the series as this one felt so long.
on August 6, 2011
This story was OK. Without giving too much away the story was real and you could see why things happened they way they did.
on July 31, 2012
This was a good book, but was really only worth the 1.99 I paid for it. Anything more and it wouldn't have been worth it.
on December 5, 2012
I love this book, I really enjoy reading Arend's books. This is one of the better books that I have read lately.