5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening!
Published on October 15, 2012 by Robert J. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Up To Randy Gage's Standards
Randy Gage is an amazing guy. I have never met him, though I would like to, but I could tell by reading his first book that he is in fact an incredible human being.

His first book "why you are dumb, sick, and broke", changed my life for the better in a way he probably would not believe.

All of that being said, this book sadly falls short...
Published on October 27, 2012 by Dan Andrews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Up To Randy Gage's Standards, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed . . . (Hardcover)

All of that being said, this book sadly falls short.

I'm surprised his close friends and editor let him publish it.

This book contains a lot of hyperbole about things that may or may not happen, and surface level commentary on things that could be expounded upon greatly.

Everything he says about becoming prosperous and avoiding pitfalls of the future are true, and have been said by many before in other forms. The trouble is randy provides very little insight into taking advantage of them, other then the advice that you should.

It pains me to lump this into just another generic success book without any value, but this is indeed the case if you have read Think and Grow Rich or The Millionaire Fastlane.

Randy's videos and other writings have done so much for me I will always purchase his products, I cant afford not to, but I was dissatisfied with this book and I hope in the future he holds himself to a higher standard for his publications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening!, October 15, 2012
Do you feel stuck, like your brain needs simulation, like all the opportunities pass you by? Are you a failure or slightly successful? Do you need something to provoke new thoughts or ideas? Are you wildly wealthy? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to read this book by Randy Gage who has spent 20 years studying prosperity. Risky Is The New Safe is the thought provoking title that will send your mind into action.

The wealthy guy is still thinking, why do I need this book? Because if you don't read it, your business could be obsolete! The rich content of this book will cause you to stay ahead of the times, always in the winners seat!

There is always room to grow in life no matter where you are. This book will take you to your next level of consciousness, it will wake the inner drive that has been hitting the snooze button, you will become more of who you were meant to be by indulging in this book.

Yes this book is controversial, I mean really, Virtual Reality Sex, Space Travel, and Living on the bottom of the Ocean! You may not agree with everything in the book, and that is a good thing, it means that you have a brain that has some form of critical thinking capabilities! Be prepared to be entertained at the same time!

Have you ever thought past today, and really wondered what may be coming in the future? Randy takes you on a journey with his time machine and gives a ton of situations that will cause massive wealth in the future. This book is for everyone, as a matter of fact, when you pre-order, get a few extra copies and give them to a few friends you know that are idea people, action people, or that may need a spark in their life.

I was lucky enough to be able to read this before the release date, and I already have a list of new ideas that will benefit me in the future. So I want to thank Randy again for his amazing work, now order the book that will bring mad success into your life!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ever hit an SEO'd landing page for a "life coach"? Welcome to the book edition!, March 4, 2013
D N (California) - See all my reviews
This book is an elaborate method for parting underemployed, gullible, middle-aged technophobes from their wallets, one sucker at a time.

It's bad enough when a direct-mail huckster on the far side of 50 pontificates about the future of technology, a field in which he clearly has no background (or vision), expressing skepticism that anyone will ever want to get video emails. You can't help but cringe when he says (and, gentle reader, this is a verbatim quote from this 2013, not 1953, book): "Turns out that not all women want to answer a videophone when they have curlers in their hair". Videophone? Curlers? Am I watching the Jetsons?

In the future, he breathlessly ensures, you'll program (and again, dear reader, this is a quote): "The My Network (TMN). You'll order new pilots, dramas, sitcoms...Seth Godin's blog....your E-Trade real stock price feeds....". Wait, I need a 80's era TV producer to read blogs? Has this guy ever used a web browser? Does he scream out, "I am commencing production on The My Network!" every time he opens up Chrome or IE or Safari?

Later on, he predicts that "Both online and physical retailers will have to deal with the seven billion people who subscribe to The My Network." Really, Randy. I would LOVE to see you put that on a slide deck and show it to an actual venture capitalist. Watch them tune out and check their 'videophone' while you drone on.

The rest of the (thankfully brief) book is pretty much what you would expect if your grandfather desperately read a bunch of technology/business blogs to sound connected. "Move Fast and Break Things!" he exhorts in one chapter, name-checking Facebook, but never picking up the thread of what that slogan actually means within 1 Hacker Way in Menlo Park, much less how it could be useful to other people (and it can).

Look at some of the shorter five star reviews right here on Amazon to watch an 80's era marketer try to adapt to the new online world with "pull quotes" and "testimonials".

I feel bad for the seemingly genuine reviews here from hopeful people who think that this fellow Baby Boomer has untangled the deepening mystery of modern, globalized, digital business for them. They're riding the high that comes from a book full of exclamation points; yet as they will soon realize, there wasn't much besides the punctuation here.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, well, a lot actually, November 19, 2012
I have read Randy Gage's other works, I subscribe to his blog and get updates from him regularly. I love his story and I think he is an amazing success. This book was hyped by "da man" himself and of course endorsed by many of his friends "in the business" - authors, business folks, MLM stars and on and on. The title really grabbed me - I was saying to myself "oh yeah, here we go"...I wanted it so bad, I got the Kindle version, instead of waiting for the print copy (which I just deleted from my cart, btw). I started reading like crazy and the book started out on the high side...really got me into the "think" mode of all the possibilities that are coming our way in the next few years. And then - booommmm!!!! Nothing, well that's not exactly true - if you've never read any of his "stuff", you may have been intrigued. But, for someone who has been a regular "Randy reader", it was all the same stuff I've heard from him before - just regurgitated, with a fresh wrapper on it - disappointing. Reminds of Joe Vitale, came out of the box "hot", with some great ideas and philosophy, and then the same 'ole same 'ole with a new wrapper on it - ugh. Reminds me of an old saying - "if you put icing on dogstuff, it doesn't make it birthday cake". Oh well, I'm still a RG fan, just not a fan of this new - old book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rules HAVE Changed. The principles have not., October 15, 2012
Michael J Eisbrener (Medellin, Colombia South America) - See all my reviews
Risky is the New Safe is Randy Gage's best book to date. If you are someone, who left the trunk of the tree long ago and lives out on the skinny branches, this book may not be for you. It may be for all your friends and family however. If you are someone, who jumps from 24 miles up already, breaking the sound barrier on the way down, this book may not be for you. Everyone you know or anyone who watched the video of your feat will understand you better after reading this book. This book is clear that principles' don't change while the rules relating to those principles do. Gravity is the same today as it was 200 years ago or 500 years ago or earlier. The rules that kept people on the ground changed and airplanes appeared. What's next? Read the book and you'll see how to know.

If you are wondering what has happened, why are all the rules changing, this book is for you. You won't have to get any further away from the trunk of your tree than arms length either. If you are not sure how to navigate the next 10 years because the last 10 didn't follow any of the rules you learned in school, this book is for you. If you are willing and ready to move from the bottom to a place where there are no limits but don't know if you are able, order your copy of the book now. There is a lot of room at the top!

2.0 out of 5 stars Another get rich quick scheme..., January 11, 2013
I like the 'zagging when everyone else is zigging' bit. I also like his view on the current economic situation at large. But is it a wealth discovering experience? No. Gage just describes good entrepreneurship and that hasn't changed. To become successful you need a vision, passion, focus, stamina etc. etc. we already know that, don't we? It's a nice, easy and quick to read book but doesn't live up to its promise and I don't think it has any value. It's just a lot of opinions and assumptions not backed up by any kind of new research (only by mentioning popular books written by others).

The praise he's got from his friends T. Harv Eker (mind blowing), Larry Winget (Holy crap, I love this book) and Alan Weiss (a great freaking book) also makes me feel betrayed by them.

Maybe I'm just fed up with the typical American 'rags to riches' stories (I dropped out of school, I was so poor, I went to jail, I didn't have any education and WOW look at me now: I'm a freaking millionaire).

The entire book, the praise from his friends and all the marketing efforts that was put into the launch makes me believe this is just another 'get rich quick scheme' that only makes one man rich: Gage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, November 27, 2012
This was exceedingly disappointing....very vauge, nothing groundbreaking, and most importantly it lacks any tangible information about how to invest in today's economy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Read It Twice!, October 15, 2012
Tim D from Dallas "Tim" (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
The economic model is broken but rather than panic, Randy Gage lays out practical ideas and strategies to take advantage of the redolent possibilities of the coming economic, social and technological changes. This isn't what I call a good book, it is instead an important book. Well researched and well written, Mr. Gage presents proof that what appears safe (like a college education) may for many be a truly risky decision in the immediate future. Are precious metals the answer in case of a currency collapse? You might be surprised at his answer. I'm not sure I agree with RG that many people will be replaced by monkeys but virtual bot assitants and cybertwins have already proven to be much more effective than people in many many jobs.

Seriously consider buying two or more books when and if you order because you will immediately want to share yours but not want to give up your only copy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have known better, December 11, 2012
Over-inflated magazine article made into a book...never should have been published...one rant after another...filled with fear-mongering and self-aggrandizing declarations of faux importance...sad waste of time

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, April 1, 2013
The engaging title and interesting table of contents drew me in to purchase this book, which turned out to be a mistake. I found it to be an arrogant self-promotion for the author which lacks depth. Worse, I purchased the book for clients of mine who run businesses before I read it. They agree with my assessment of the work. There are many excellent books on leadership, management and strategy available today. Buy one of those instead.

Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed . . .
Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed . . . by Randy Gage (Hardcover - October 23, 2012)
$24.95 $17.08