RiteAV VGA Cable with 3.5mm Audio - 15 Ft.
|Price:||$15.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$13.05 (45%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Premium VGA/SVGA/XGA/SXGA/UXGA Monitor Cable
- Heavy-Duty Coax style cabling delivers ultra-high performance.
- Connectors: VGA Male to Male and 3.5mm Stereo Male to Male
- Length: 15 feet
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
However, if your VGA port doesnt have screws to fasten the cable it is going to be very difficult to hold this in. The head of the cable is pretty bulky and heavy and without screw terminals, it falls off very easily.
Some reviewers said the audio cable didn't reach the output port on their laptops. They must have humongous laptops; I have a 15.4" Toshiba Satellite, and there is no problem connecting both the VGA and audio output ports (the VGA output is located on the left side toward the rear, and the audio output is located just slightly right of center in the front), and it would easily connect if the two ports were on opposite corners.
Another reviewer said that if your laptop didn't have a VGA port with screw-down capability, the cable was too heavy and would disconnect itself. My laptop does not have screw-down ability, but I have not had any problem with the cable disconnecting.
This is a very high-quality cable at a very reasonable price, and 15ft is plenty long enough for most applications (easily extends from the TV to the bed or sofa).
1. Good price
2. Has video+audio in one cable
1. Doesn't identify my Sony HD TV - Yes, a lot of people may not know this. I had another VGA cable that I bought from Frys, and everytime I use that my laptop without fail would know I'm connected to Sony HD TV and then I could according set resolution from my laptop. The moment I switched to this "RiteAV VGA Cable with 3.5mm Audio - 15 Ft." from amazon, all I see on my laptop is "analog output". My old one from Frys is quite light and though it doesn't have an audio cable, works great.
2. It is listed on product description that the differenc between VGA and 3.5mm audio is 24 inches, that is not true, as also mentioned by other reveiwers. It's apprx 10 inches, and while it's ok to hook up both VGA/audio on the TV, on laptop you can't reach both VGA and audio. At least not on mine, and I don't have a big laptop.
On a seperate note:
I want to return it.
Got this from CE Compass, and they charge 15% restocking fee + return shipping is out of buyer's pocket. Will see how much return shipping will cost, and if the effort/refund is worth returning it.
1. hook up the monitor to both the vga video output on the cpu and then to the tv first.
2. turn on the computer. It should automatically recognize the secondary monitor.
3. Go to display in Control Panel. Click on 'settings'. Note the 'apply settings to this monitor.' Check box after highlighting the 2nd monitor option. Then check 'use this monitor as primary.'
4. Test whether monitor has been recognized by going to a website[ I used yahoo] and click on any video. The video should start streaming to the tv. The sound should be audible on your pc speakers.
5. The video settings for both computer monitor and tv should be the same.
6. The mouse should display its function on the tv as it would on the computer monitor. You should therefore be able to access favorites or for that matter type 'netflix' in the search field. Then it is a simple matter of highlighting whatever movie you want.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For the price, this cable combo was everything I needed. The long length gives me greater versatility over where I'm hooking things up, and the audio cable being built in not only... Read morePublished 21 days ago by onlineoverinperson
this works awesome with my older model laptop. at first i didn't think the audio portion of the cable would be able to reach but it was just long enough to reach with a couple... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Asia
WORKS WELL BUT I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING MALE TO FEMALE, LUCKILY THEY MAKE ADAPTERS ALSO HAD TO TAPE RCA PLUGS TO THE WIRE THEY SERVED NO PURPOSE FOR MEPublished 5 months ago by michael j. briggs