5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and just what I had hoped for!
Published on May 19, 2012 by natkaps

3.0 out of 5 stars a good value, with caveats
Bright enough to be useful as an emergency light. Would not work at first because the battery compartment did not fit Duracell AAA cells properly. Fixed by cutting out plastic pieces at positive ends of battery cells.
Published on October 6, 2008 by Dan Dugan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and just what I had hoped for!, May 19, 2012
natkaps (Orlando, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RiteLite LPL704 Battery-Operated 12-LED Under-Cabinet Track Light (Tools & Home Improvement)
I read all of the reviews, and I mean ALL, and was super confused about the product. The product description seemed to be everything I was looking for, but the reviews were so mixed, I didn't know what to do. In the end, I thought to myself that i would order them and if they weren't for me, I would just return them. Thankfully, I didn't have to! They are exactly what I was looking for. My purpose for them: under the cabinet lighting without cumbersome and ugly wiring. They are bright enough to prepare food under. They have thre settings, bright, dim, off. They do not blind the kids looking up at them from another angle. They actually look sleek and modern. The lights don't have that dreaded blue tinge as Christmas LED lights have. Some people have complained that the batteries don't last long, but I'm not sure what they are using them for and for how long. I use them about 3 or 4 times a day for 10 minute stretches, and after a week, they are still going strong. They have 2 ways to mount them. With screws or with Velcro. I opted for the Velcro. Whatever method you use, the lights are easy to dismount in order to get to the battery compartment and change them. If I were to use these more often and had to change tons of batteries (6 AAA batteries) I would probably just get a battery charger and 12 rechargeable batteries in order not to be wasteful. All in all, I would absolutely, undoubtedly, without hesitation recommend these for daily under-cabinet lighting. Just as with everything, don't forget to turn them off when you are done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat light, February 11, 2008
I am using the light under my cabinets and it works great. Each light head pivots and swivels. I have had the light on for about 60 hours and it is still very bright.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, it works for me, March 23, 2008
Jom (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
For those who are expecting a tremendeous amount of light given out by these LEDs, consider that
1. these are Cordless, they do NOT run off a electrical cord,
2. they run on 6 AA batteries, and since they are LEDS, they can power it just enough for it to run for quite sometime.
3. its priced at USD$21.17. what do you expect? halogen comparative light output? you do get what you pay for.

and saying such, i am completely satisfied with my purchase. i keep two of these, one for under the kitchen sink (for leak problems et al) and one in the closet space.

both give a SUBSTANTIAL amount of light, without me running a line from a electrical outlet.

1. its portable.
2. since it runs on batteries, it can be used during power outages
3. multiple directionality. albeit it not enough to blow your eyes out, it does work.

in summary, you do get what you pay for. and for what its worth, i think its good for the price.

Want something brighter? go halogen and let me see you lug it around. better yet, see how much it cost compared to this easy fix.

*edited 040614*

just updated review based on previous comments, thank you for the input!

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful item, July 1, 2010
The LED under cabinet light definitely brightened up a dark area on my kitchen counter and gave me more usable work space. The swivel feature lets me aim the lights just where I need them. However, the hook and loop tape did not work (the light kept falling on the counter), so we had to screw in the bracket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light bar, December 14, 2007
I was a bit apprehensive with this purchase -- would it be bright enough to light up my (decent sized) hall closet? Some of the reviews of the other (smaller) RightLite products mentioned them not being bright enough.

It turns out that is NOT a problem with this light bar -- it's bright and it does a fabulous job of lighting up my closet. Because the lights pivot and turn I can position it throw the light in 4 different directions and get a really nice distribution of light.

Time will tell how long the batteries will last but given that this is an LED light driven by 6 (AAA) batteries, I'd expect decent battery life, particularly in a hall closet where it won't be used for extended periods.

4.0 out of 5 stars RiteLite Wireless LED under cabinet Lights, June 20, 2010
Wendy Fischer (MIDLOTHIAN, VA, US) - See all my reviews
I really needed something without electricity. They do work great, but I used the velcro to put under cabinets.
Unfortunately after one week, they fell down. I am waiting for a friend to drill holes and use the screws that also
came with product. I am sure once they are screwed in, they will be great.
Make sure you screw them in from the beginning so they don't fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Closet Light!, March 26, 2010
I was a little hesitant after reading some negative reviews about the amount of light this unit puts out. Needless to say I tested it as soon as it came in the mail. It was great!. In a completely dark room I could illuminate a small area of the wall (about 4' across) perfectly from a distance of about five feet. If I turn the individual 'heads', I can spread the light out even more, although the illumination dimms out slightly.
The unit is very light. I almost thought that the box it came in might have been empty. Even though it's lightweight, I would suggest using the mounting bracket and screws provided. 6 AAA batteries (the real small ones) are required and not included.
I am using this unit for a small 2'x 5' room closet. It has the right amount of light for finding something without having to turn on all the lights in the room and without having to run wires for a hardwired light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, June 22, 2009
As with the other Rite Lite products I have purchased in the past I am extremely pleased with these lights. Don't be mislead...these are not bright enough to light an entire room. These lights give off the perfect amount of "accent" lighting. What's great about this style light is that each individual light head twists and turns easily so you can actually point the light exactly where you need it. I would recommend using the screw bracket it includes NOT the velcro. Once again Rite Lite has come thru with an inexpensive and easy solution to lighting needs!

3.0 out of 5 stars a good value, with caveats, October 6, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars This is how to get the velcro to stick!:, July 24, 2012
I ordered one of these lights in spite of the reviews about problems with the velcro. Lo and behold, after the second time it fell off, it wouldn't light. Amazon being the awesome company is, I now have a replacement. Here's how to work the velcro:

The tabs stuck on the unit are stuck on with gum gel - take them and gum gel off.

Leave the backing on and superglue the OTHER tabs - all the way to the outer border - onto the unit. Stick the ones that came off the unit onto something they'll stick to.

Let the superglue set, weighted, overnight. Attach the unit to the stuck tabs, and really grind the tabs together.

24+ hours later, it's still up, and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. I can see my sink. :)

Not sure on battery life at this stage but can deal with it as long as it stays stuck.

8/6 update: still sticking and hasn't fallen off. The manufacturer is apparently putting the velcro on backwards.

RiteLite LPL704 Battery-Operated 12-LED Under-Cabinet Track Light