Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rituals & Customs of a Hindu Wedding: Design & Planning Guide
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 25, 2011
I bought it because of the great reviews. When I read it I was lost. There was no background for a non-HIndu person. It just gave a bunch of words and meanings - like a dictionary. I was hoping for a more cohesive introduction to Hindu weddings and customs but didn't get that at all. And it didn't talk about customs of each region which I was hoping. So this book may be great if you are Indian and grew up with these terms and customs or if you practice Hindu, but not for others. No pictures. Just big print on white pages with lots of spaces.
on March 22, 2008
This is a very informative book that explains the customs and why they are followed to this day. As a wedding photographer, I found the information helped in my understanding of the traditions to best record them for the bride and groom.
on July 12, 2010
I haven't read it all yet but it is very helpful to understanding more about a hindu wedding. I'm marrying someone who is hindu and this will be helpful in trying to incorporate both cultures.
on April 2, 2014
Since I am getting ready to date and marry a hindu man, this book will come in handy as we are going to have a traditional hindu wedding as well as an american wedding. This is a very holy solemn ceremony and I want it done right.