5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, excellent design, and so versatile!
This is much more than a slow cooker gravy boat! I experimented cooking a small amount of tiny shell macaroni and it worked! I only used an amount of water that would be absorbed as I was planning to add cheese and it was done in about 10 minutes.

Published on September 6, 2006 by Left Coaster

2.0 out of 5 stars Warmer for the table
I am not thrilled about it. Because it takes long time to warm it up. I am kind of suck with that.
Published on October 3, 2011 by Nita K. Varia

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, excellent design, and so versatile!, September 6, 2006
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)

The lid probably helped a lot, so I know it will keep gravy nice and warm, especially if added when hot from the cooking source. It should also easily warm syrup without first heating the syrup elsewhere and would melt butter in a few minutes maximum.

The bottom inside of the boat is an oval, roughly 4" x 2", therefore concentrating the heat over a small area at first, which also surely helped in my makeshift application. The area widens in a taper towards the top to approximately 7" x 4" and the contents will need stirring if you are heating food rather than liquids.

The base enclosure gets hot, but not too hot to touch briefly, and if you leave the boat in the base, the contents would certainly remain warm-to-hot, even when disconnected, but will need to be transported with a hotpad.

The cord is very short, maybe 2-1/2', but this is a minor inconvenience as you could add an extension cord if needed, and being able to remove the cord from the base is a real plus.

The base is lightweight but solid, and the boat with lid is very substantial--maybe a pound or two.

The handle is big enough to easily hold and balance the contents without spilling, and the spout has enough room for a spoon handle to exit when the lid is on.

I love it and would buy another if they come on sale again, even though I missed the sale this time. I think they'd look lovely for individual servings of soup, chili, or for gravy boats at two ends of a table, or a variety of syrups, sauces, mulled wine, etc.

This is a product I would recommend for students, seniors, singles, or anyone who needs to heat or keep warm a small amount of food (or a larger amount of syrup or gravy) and transport the tureen, with or without base, to tableside, bedside, etc.

I was contemplating a miniature crockpot but this is so much prettier and more practical with the removable cord, removable tureen with pour spout, and lid.

Thanks Rival and Amazon for a really well-made, attractive, and well-priced product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual Use Gravy Boat, February 7, 2007
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
This Slow Cooker Gravy Boat is great! The gravy boat can be plugged in to keep warm, then unplugged for serving, retaining enought heat to keep the gravy warm during the meal.

We are planning to use this also as a small fondue pot. I liked it so much after I purchased it that I ordered three more for my married children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought two - Both have blemishes ;/, December 5, 2007
Sassy Gammaw (Oklahoma City, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
They work well, really well.. you can even cook in them.. but both of mine have noticeable blemishes! ..And one is a gift for my mother-in-law.. yikes! Shipping took over TWO WEEKS.. so that's why i'm giving them 4 stars.. work great..look mediocre, SLOW shipping! Made me wonder if these are seconds or what?! I will not buy from P**stein company again! No answer to e-mails or even a phone call, no tracking, either. Not good.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
Rival electric gravy boat warmer, was just what i wanted for entertaining. It keeps the gravy warm
and its attractive on the table. Its dishwasher safe too. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 21, 2008
V. Sweeney (Parkland, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
I have used this for many meals. Nice to be able to remove the cord to transport it to the table. I use it to keep the vegetables warm at the table. The serving spoon fits right in the spout so you can leave the top on to keep stuff warmer. I preheat the crock be for putting in my steamed veggies. Keeps things very hot at the table throughout the meal. Would recommend this to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 15, 2014
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
I have been looking for this item for awhile. It worked very well.

Deb

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product; slow shipping, December 17, 2007
The product was packed well and arrived in good shape and working order. The shipping was slow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the holiday dinners!, November 18, 2010
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
I only use this on the holidays to keep the gravy warm at dinner. My only complaint is that the cord is much much too short. Unit works good, have had it for two years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars great solution, March 25, 2008
Eliz in OC (orange county, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rival 18-Ounce Electric Gravy Boat Warmer (Kitchen)
works to keep the gravy hot until you are ready to put everything on the table

2.0 out of 5 stars Warmer for the table, October 3, 2011