Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 16, 2002
I looked around at some of the "kids-type" sno cone makers - almost all are manual with "crank-handle" shaving methods. They were constructed poorly and had dull blades. These "kiddie" sno cone makers retail for the same price or slightly-less (few dollars) than the Rival electric. I bought this for my 11 year old son for Christmas and I opened it up to try it before we give it to him next month. I couldn't believe how well this product works. You take regular icecubes from your tray (no special molds) and load them in the top of the machine. The blade is well-concealed, so except for washing this, there is no apparent way that a child could be cut using this product. You push down on the top of the machine and for a half a tray of icecubes, you get a huge cereal bowl full of FLUFFY (like Hawaiian Shaved Ice), white snow! You can adjust the blade to make a more coarse product - like traditional sno cones. I put this product back in the box (after enjoying the shaved ice myself!) and can't wait to give him this for Christmas. For toppings you can use Kool-Aide or Target sells Sno-Cone flavors (grape, raspberry, cherry) in the kitchen product sections (by popcorn makers,etc) of their stores. This product is electric which makes it easy and efficent to operate. If you are looking for a shaved ice maker for mixed drinks for adults, or treats for the kids, this is the product to get! Well-made, easy to operate, safe, and easy to clean-up. You will LOVE this little machine, priced-right!
on November 26, 2002
My soon to be 5 year old son is obsessed with crushed ice. So, I would spend 30 mins in the kitchen with ice in hand and a spoon to crack it with (not a fun task and it doesn't make snow).
I tried blenders and they never worked. So I went in search of a better way to satisfy my son's need for crushed ice.
I did a lot of comparison shopping before I decided to try this one. I had my doubts that it would make a real slushy or even come close to a "snow" cone. Yet, to my surprise this product really does work like it says. It makes very nicely shaved ice and it's almost like snowflakes. Thank God no more spoon and frozen hand for me! My son is very happy and Mom is a big heroine.

I didn't give it a 5 star rating because it advertised at least one flavor packet and I didn't receive any.
Alas, regular grape juice worked fine and was probably better for him.
on November 12, 2002
Works great, I was able to make sno cones for our entire block party, they were a great hit! Excellent quality and price!
on August 14, 2002
This slush machine is easy to use and kids and adults alike love the refreshing taste when you add your favorite flavor on top. Easily crushes ice. Have fun this summer or any time with this ice shaver.
on January 21, 2003
We started out with an Hawaiian Ice unit which lasted a few months and died...The Rival Arctic Ice has been great and is much easier for children to use. The blade has an adjustment knob on the front of the unit which controls how much ice comes out. This unit is simple to use and for $20, it is a great deal.
on April 27, 2003
It is a wonderful machine! Worth the money! Why spend the [money] on a cheap character slush machine when you can buy an electric one that is easy to use for the same price? Easy to use and makes a nice, easy snack! The only thing that drives us nuts is our daughter wants a snow cone all the time now! =o)
on October 8, 2002
We tried different ice shavers, and they kept breaking, but this one just goes and goes! The texture of the ice is great, too! Our kids really got hooked on lemonaide slushies, and we can depend on this shaver giving us the ice to support their habbit!
on December 28, 2002
I don't know if I got a defective unit, but my experience is vastly different than the other reviewer's. I could barely get the machine to produce any shavings at all.
on December 3, 2002
I've tried 3 different brands of ice shavers and this is by far the best. It's simple, convenient, sturdy design and very durable. No special ice molds needed like other brands, just regular ice cubes. Just throw a cup of ice cubes in and with a gentle touch of a button, shaved ice comes out! Our favorites are Coke slushies and OJ slushies. We've been making several per day for months now and have never even replaced a blade. My brother has two, one for the house & one for the cabin.
on December 29, 2014
Exactly what I wanted for my grand kids. It uses regular ice cubes, safe and easy to use.