Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 2, 2008
When I got my first crock pot years ago, I realized right away that when I attempted slow-cooked bbq ribs, chicken, and pork, the results were not good at all-- slow cooked meat wallowing in its own fat and drippings ain't happening... If only I could get a rack for the cock pot to elevate the meat things might be better, I thought.. Well, Rival beat me to it.. I saw this in a kitchen store around Thanksgiving, and immediatley dropped hints for what I wanted for Christmas. I have so far done ribs, whole chickens, turkey legs, and pork. However, this is not like a set-it-and-forget it crock pot where you can go to work or go out for a few hours while the meat cooks.. The manual's times for different meats are merely average time. Don't think because it says 6-9 hours that it is the actual time. You gotta have a meat thermometer and check the meat periodically, because if you leave the meat in too long, it will dry out. but, man.. the results can be sure tasty if done right!
on July 15, 2008
i have this product and love it, we use it for thanksgiving turkeys and superbowl ribs.... I bought this one as a gift for my mom and grandma. the only drawback is that the pan is hard to clean... so either put water in it during cooking or line it with foil.
on January 2, 2015
Love it! With the rack you get your meat out of the grease. Everything I made has turned out so tender and flavorful. I sprayed non stick cooking oil before using and it cleaned out easily. You do build a lot of steam up in the unit and have to be aware of this in order not to burn yourself when checking your food,
on November 23, 2014
I purchased three Crockpot BBQ pit slow cookers from Amazon, two for Christmas presents, and used one a few days after I received them. It cooked well but the paint on the lid blistered and when I washed the lid it peeled off in two large spots. I called Crockpot and they said that they didn't make them anymore and by giving them the model number they informed me that it was made in 2012 and there was no warranty on it anymore. I think they should have been taken off the shelves knowing that they weren't under warranty anymore. Now I am out almost $300 and I am afraid to give them out as presents. I wouldn't recommend anyone buying one.
on January 30, 2014
I had ordered an "indoor smoker" from another seller who was unable to deliver it, so I searched for one on Amazon. This is one of the first products which came up and while it is not really a smoker I am delighted with it.

I am glad I read some of the other reviews before using it because doing so helped me get things right from the get-go. I generally spray the inside of the cooker with Pam and I *always* use a cooking liquid in the bottom. This makes cleanup a breeze -- just let it soak for a couple of hours and then scour. I haven't had any problem with baked-on residue.

While it does not really produce the kind of flavor one gets in a real smoker I have found that if I use some liquid smoke in the marinade it does give some smokiness. I also use some "barrel char" from a whiskey distillery and pour it into the cooking liquid (usually beer or cheap bourbon) and it also gives a nice flavor.

I've made brisket, turkey breast, and corned beef which is easily the equivalent of that from a good kosher deli. The one indispensable accessory is a good meat thermometer -- get your meat to 170 degrees and it's done and succulent. I have found that using the "low" setting and not opening the lid until the meat should be nearly done according to the instruction booklet is the way to go. Opening the lid cools the cooker down quite a bit but using the high setting doesn't give nearly as good results. Patience and experimentation are the key. This is a great product -- we use this two or three times a week now.
on January 31, 2007
I admit I was very skeptical of this, a Crock Pot Bbq pit, this was a purchase for my wife. She has since made a brisket, whole chicken and ribs....now all I can say is WOW! After being at work all day, coming home to a house that smells like bbq was wonderful. Later that evening for dinner, the brisket was tender, other evenings the chicken was moist and tasted fantastic. I definitely recommend this to everyone that is a fan of bbq.
on July 18, 2016
Searched far and wide to get my parents one like mine. If you are able to get one grab it! Just be careful - it gets very, very, very hot during use. Use oven mitts to protect your arms from the steam while also using pot holders. Yes, it gets that hot! Be mindful of what surface you use it on too.
I have cooked ribs, and very large turkeys in this. Makes them very tender.
on January 7, 2008
My daughter and her barbecue loving husband asked for this Crock Pot BBQ for Christmas. Living in Oregon, they need an alternative to the outdoor barbecue! I couldn't find it at any local box stores, but an online search turned up this one, at the lowest price anywhere. It arrived right on time, and was a big hit on Christmas morning. My daughter reports that it works great for entertaining, or when they want to do a quantity of meat to freeze in smaller portions. Not for weeknight cooking because of the time involved in cooking and cleanup.
on December 27, 2007
I got this for my husband. I was alittle reluctant after I read the review about it being hard to clean up. We sprayed the crockpot and the rack with non stick spray. We put hot soapy water in unit after use and it cleaned and looks like brand new!! He made marinated turkey legs in it. It worked great!! I think we are trying ribs next!! It's not like using the smoker outside but the winter weather is not always right for cooking outdoors in Wisconsin.
on January 6, 2014
I have owned of these Crock Pot BBQ Slow Cookers, prior to purchasing the one I bought off of Amazon.com. I was always impressed by its performance especially during the winter months when outdoor barbequing was not an option. I never had any problems with the first one I owned. I accidently broke the stoneware insert, otherwise I would still have the original one that was given to me as a gift.
I’ve cooked beer can chicken, pork spare ribs in my BBQ slow cooker and have always been satisfied with the result. The key thing to remember is that it is a slow cooker, so time is certainly a factor to consider when using this product. I recommend spraying the stoneware and removable rack with non-stick cooking spray prior to cooking to help with clean up. I always use a little water or liquid some sort at the bottom of the stoneware insert prior to cooking as well, otherwise the meat drippings burn to the stoneware and will require some additional scrubbing.