Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on August 12, 2007
Someone needs to decide if rice cookers are measured by their cooked or uncooked capacity. I think this is really an 8 cup (cooked) rice cooker, not a 16 cup. If we cook the maximum capacity of rice, while it's cooking, it spews rice water out of the top. It does have a warming function, but if we leave the rice in there for several hours, the bottom burns. It's cute, and it does work, but it wasn't really what we were looking for.
on November 11, 2007
Works great.

Make sure you rinse your rice before cooking or else the bottom will brown. Also, don't leave the "keep warm" feature on too long, since it does still continue to heat the rice (in order to keep it warm, of course)... and after a while some of the rice will definitely stick to the pot. Both of these points apply to any rice cooker... just something to keep in mind.
on November 15, 2007
This rice cooker is big enough for family cooking without being too big for small portions. The insert is easy to clean, and the bonus is the steamer tray. It's also attractive and easy to hear the "click" when it goes from cook to warm.
My only criticism is that the keep warm temperature is hot enough that the rice starts to get hard very quickly
on May 12, 2008
I ordered this product shortly after returning from Asia with a strong appetite for steamed rice. This product does a great job, cooks a large quantity at one time, and cleans in the dishwasher very easily. The color and styling also goes well and gets lots of compliments. Well worth the money.
on November 4, 2007
After looking at some upinspiring rice cookers, I decided to buy this as a replacement for my older one. It looks very pretty. My family has even commented on how pretty it looks on my counter. I thought I'll give 3 stars for it.

In the first three months of use, it cooked rice alright. But, the not-stick coating has started to peel off. I haven't used it everyday. Looks like the quality is cheap. I know that the non-stick layer will come off over the time, but 3 months is too soon.

It has the "keep warm" feature I personally don't like, because once you forget to unplug it and the cooker sits for more than 30 minutes, the rice at the bottom starts becoming crusty and brown.

In summary, buy it only for looks and occasional use.

Update: It may cook 10 cups of Long grain or Jasmine rice, but it can only cook 4-5 cups of the Indian varieties like Basmati and Sonamasoori. Also, the rice cooker spills all over the counter. I'm not going to use this anymore.
on September 26, 2007
except for it's a 8-cup, but not a 16-cup. So far so good, for the price you paid.
on November 28, 2007
We have used this quite a bit and the rice is perfect every time. Cleanup is a snap. We primarily cook Basmati (Indian) rice in it since my wife discovered that is what is used at Chipotle. Would purchase again.
My husband is Colombian and when I met him I didn't eat rice much and when I tried cooking it, it never came out real great. He introduced me to rice cookers because in his culture they eat rice a couple days each week. We owned the Rival 6 Cup Rice Maker first but it wouldn't feed more than four people. So we got this one the 16 Cup Rice Maker for our wedding and we can now feed more than 8 people.

I was confused as to the 16 cup label, I don't think it means you can make 16 cups of rice, in fact I am sure it doesn't. It means the container itself can hold 16 cups or is 16 cups in size. You are supposed to put more cups of water than cups of rice.

I will recommend that you do check on the rice while it is cooking because sometimes (when very full) it might boil over. There is a little whole in the lid to prevent this from happening, but it seems to not be doing its job sometimes. We put the lid on an angle to prevent any boiling over and that has been working well for us.

It is really easy for us to make rice with any meal. We add salt (for flavor), oil (so it's not too sticky), and Goya Sazon (more flavor). It comes with a steamer so if you would like to steam vegetables it is really easy to add the steam basket to the top and cook rice at the same time. I love how easy it is to clean up to. The rice basket is removable and it can be thrown in the dishwasher. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to make rice for their family on a regular basis, if you plan on serving more than 10 people regularly I would buy a larger one. I think Rival is a great brand to go with.
on April 24, 2008
I haven't used this to cook rice, but I love it as a steamer. I always use it to steam my veggies and it is so quick and easy. When I'm done, I just throw the parts in the dishwasher - awesome! And the color makes it very trendy for my kitchen!
on September 9, 2007
I bought this one for the color because it matches my other kitchen appliances but I love how it performs. I can steam veggies while I'm cooking rice. It's so easy to use and clean. It's worth every penny!