Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on May 15, 2011
These work great in most cold weather just by themselves but when it's below zero and windy, the cold cuts through them because, of course, they are a woven wool product. I bought trigger finger military mittens from Amazon [ASIN B0036ZTDYA] and needed something to use as a liner in them. These mittens inside the military mittens is probably the finest combination of warmth you will ever find. At a very inexpensive cost I might also add. I've seen people spend well over 100.00 for some super hi-tech skiing gloves to try and stay warm. Those gloves do nothing for me as both of my index fingers have been repeatedly frostbitten and stay cold. They must touch the rest of the fingers to get warm at all. I am extremely happy with my liner/mitten combination.
MR
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2013
These are very nice mitts. Thick and warm. However, they fit very large. I suggest dropping down one full size. I have very large hands and often fit in XL or 2XL gloves and mitts, but the large is almost to big for me.

The quality is good. Exterior "wool" is actually 85% wool / 15% nylon. Inside there is a an integrated knit lining that is 67% acrylic / 23% wool /10% nylon.
on April 7, 2013
In terms of sizing, I have a women's size 7-1/2 hand. My fingers are long and relatively slender. While these are fine - my fingers do reach the top of the mittens so when I order another pair - I'll be ordering a medium.
on August 16, 2011
I really like ragg mitt. It keeps your hands nice and warm and it is quite durable. I will say this, though, I road to school over the winter and there are 2 things that keep it from getting 5 stars. One is that the wind will cut right through this mitt. So on strong wind days, it did not do so well. I think this is a problem of all wool mitts though. Also it does not have a palm protector, like leather or plastic so the palm is wearing out a bit, the wool is fraying and thinning. That said I would recommend this mitt it is very comfortable and as long as it is not used for heavy duty work it should be fine.
on February 13, 2008
These mittens were as described. I purchased them to use when I snow blow the driveway. and other outdoor activities. They fit well and keep my hands warm. I've had to use them alot this year here in New Hampshire.
44 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2010
They have a nice selection of sizes. I ordered the x-lg in case I wanted to wear a light weight glove under it. The difference between rag & boiled is how warm they will keep when wet for one. And you can blow on them and see how much you feel it on your hand. I wouldn't go down below 40f with these. Boiled Wool: I've had them wet, with wind 30f and my hands were fine. Overall, no problem with Amazon, shipper or product.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
Mittens are so versatile and warm, and these well made mittens are tough to boot. I prefer to wear them over a light pair of glove liners on really cold days and they are perfect for that first drive in the morning when the car and steering wheel are cold. Oddly enough, I find that I have more dexterity with the mittens than with thick fingered gloves, and they are much easier to put on and take off.
on January 26, 2013
Maybe I had too high expectations, but considering the thickness of this mitten, I expected them to be warmer. I could feel cold wind cut through it in temperatures in the 20s. Worked better with a thinner mitten inside it and this as an outer mitten.
on March 13, 2014
I'm a woman with small hands..or so I thought. Ordered SM size, and really they seemed sized for a child. I could get them over my hands,
but with a struggle.

I'm sending them back, and ordering medium which should be just right. The gloves are nice, good quality. I have Raynauds in my hands and toes, and nothing keeps my fingers from going numb in the cold except ragg wool mittens.
on November 1, 2012
Great fit - very warm on my 2 mile walk at 27 degrees with a 40mph wind today - well made - better than those selling for far more.