Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: River Monsters: Season 2
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on August 4, 2015
Jeremy Wade is a fishing god -He's been all over the world, and caught some of the toughest fish - and far before the River Monsters show aired, he had already been to India and Africa - if you can find it, I HIGHLY recommend his Book (co authored by Paul Boote) "Somewhere Down the Crazy River" which details his early years as a fisherman, and his years in India chasing one fish that's never mentioned in the series (I guess it's never killed anyone!) the Mahseer, a giant (potentially topping 100lbs) migratory fish in India, travelling from the foothills of the Himalaya's to the mouth of the Ganges River, looks sort of like a super muscular Carp - but not a bottom feeder. (Unfortunately it's selling for $345 on Amazon, $245 for a paper back. I got mine when it was first published, but had to have a friend in London buy it for me in exchange for a bottle of Jack Daniels.)
Jeremy Wade is a self effacing super angler - he doesn't take himself too seriously (but takes fishing seriously indeed - he show's the sort of passion that is needed to fish for days in bad conditions, waiting alertly for that one strike. He's also a gifted teacher, and doesn't ham it up for the camera, nor is he a whore for the industry, one of those "Pro" anglers with logos plastered all over his clothes and boats (I don't think he ever is shown fishing in a boat he actually owns - usually it's a beaten up local's boat that has seen quite a bit of use. (But his tackle is top rate, and he obviously knows his way around either a bait rig or a lure, any and all). My only criticism is that there seems to be less footage every season, it's repeated quite a bit. But it's always entertaining, and informative.
on June 14, 2011
I love this show. Season two was great, but I noticed that the seasons get shorter. There are fewer episodes in this season. And I think that there are even fewer in the third season.
on September 4, 2011
I love Jeremy Wade, and the DVD is a great way to be able to watch River Monsters. I am a Jeremy Wade ADDICT! He is the real deal -- rugged, handsome, adventurous, smart...he's what all the TV actors are portraying, but he's not acting -- this is real life!
on June 21, 2011
I think season 2 is the best so far. Excellent exotic / scary fish, beautiful camera work, interesting narration. I would like to see the River monsters "unhooked" comments written in to the DVD episodes though. The DVD is just the show as is, which is still good.
I had no idea how great this series was going to be. I saw it on Netflix one evening and started watching it. Once you watch one, you will want to see them all!

Season two is just as well done as the first. Jeremy Wade, a British biologist, seeks out large aquatic predators to find out whether they are real or just a myth. This is not like a Steve Irwin Crocodile show. He's much more low key and soft spoken. He seeks to determine if stories of larger than life predators in the water do exists, or if they are simply exaggerated local stories.

Many of the creatures in season two are more intense and rare to find than in the first season. The first season focused a lot on deadly creatures. The second season's monsters are more hard to find and often mythical in size.

Jeremy goes all over the world for these shows, and the filming is astounding. He goes places most never would. He's not so extreme that he doesn't care of he gets hurt, he's very real. After watching several episodes your aware of just how smart Jeremy is, knowing several languages and wealth of knowledge on all kinds of animals, cultures, etc.

Each episode goes in search of a different species. Watching all of them can helpful as sometimes he mentions previous species he's done shows on and it helps to have seen them to know what he's referencing. I have seen all the episodes in the series so far and always look forward to watching each new season that comes out. Definitely one of my new favorites.
on April 11, 2011
The DVD is pretty amazing. I would recommend it to any one who is interested in creatures in the water!
on February 11, 2016
Jeremy Wade just makes fishing interesting. Thank you Jeremy, for your bravery in tackling these fish in such remote places. I would never know that fish like these would ever have existed, if you didn't do this.
on August 27, 2014
Very interesting shows. Like a lot of these types of shows there is a lot of repetition. It's even more noticeable since there are no commercials between segments. Each place that a commercial would normally be inserted there is a break and when it resumes they do a short recap. Otherwise very interesting material.
on December 22, 2014
Once again, Jeremy's adventures all over the world keep us spellbound. Just for the record I am promoting the fish, places and people, not Jeremy's tireless promotion of the atheism. We just laugh that off and enjoy the true content of the series.
on July 25, 2013
I enjoy watching shows where I can learn things as well as be entertained, and for some reason I've always been fascinated by ugly and/or enormous fish. Strange, but true. I like seeing Jeremy's travels and learning things as he learns them, seeing the villages and the villagers with his eyes, and I really love his unabashed love and appreciation of nature and all things in it. His voice is also very easy to listen to, low and mellow, so it doesn't intrude like some shows I've watched, it seems like it belongs there, telling you the story.