Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

"Rizzoli & Isles" returns for a 15-episode second season in 2011, with Angie Harmon reprising her role as tough, driven, and street-wise detective Jane Rizzoli, partnered with Sasha Alexander as the brillant but socially awkward Medical Examiner Dr. Maura Isles. Bruce McGill as Vince Korsak and Lee Thompson Young as Barry Frost are back as Rizzoli's fellow detectives.

In this second season, Boston's finest get a broader range of cases, including the murder of a returning war veteran, a killer in uniform who strikes during Boston's Fleet Week, the abduction of an undercover cop's child, and the strange death of a baseball coach, among others.

Jane Rizzoli's family gets a bigger role in the second season, as her patrolman brother Frankie wants a piece of the action, her newly divorced mother Angela (Lorraine Bracco) moves in with Jane and takes a job at the police cafeteria, and Jane's other brother just wants to stay out of jail. Also, we meet Maura's adoptive mother and her rather dangerous biological father.

The heart of the show continues to be the often hilarious interaction between Jane and Maura. Imagine the possibiities of Maura taking tomboyish Jane to a spa or attempting to dress her for a formal date, or of Jane trying to ward off Maura's unwanted suitor by pretending to be her lesbian girlfriend, and you get the idea.

"Rizzoli & Isles: The Complete Second Season" is highly recommended to its fans. It appears "Rizzoli & Isles" will return for a third season in the summer of 2012.
22 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
I really enjoy the show, love the interaction between Jane & Maura. I hope you continue to make more seasons. My husband and I look forward to seeing the show. Wish it could have longer season. We watch it every Monday night, and really hate to see it go into hiatus so soon. Please keep making more show.
on April 16, 2013
I'm completely enamored with Jane and Maura, individually and as a pair. I fell in love with the show since the first episode of the first season, and within a couple weeks, I just had to buy the DVDs. I can't get enough of Rizzoli and Isles, and I wish the show had 24-episode seasons! 15 episodes just isn't enough, but I'm soaking in every minute of it! Wonderful show, beautiful actresses.
on February 2, 2013
I discovered this series by accident. It came on tv just after another series I was enjoying. I watched for a bit and was totally hooked, Both of the lead actresses are great in their roles. The supporting cast always comes across as realistic. The plot lines are enjoyable and keep you wanting more.
on September 7, 2015
I ran out of shows to watch during the Summer. I had seen a lot of commercials for Rizzoli and Isles in the movie theatres, but never actually saw any of it before until recently. I saw that it was in its 6th season and kept hearing about it. One day I went on YouTube and saw the first episode. Angie Harmon is a really great actress! I started watching the show because of her and then started to like it. It is not really that great, like Elementary is, but it is decent enough. I think the show started to improve from season 1 to season 2, so I have hopes that it will be stronger. I like the cast being females that get along as opposed to the traditional male dominated ones. When shows always make the male the hero, it can be trite. I like that there is some uniqueness to the storyline. The acting is good, in all the characters are pretty likeable.
on January 23, 2016
I found this show late , so I am going back and watching the earlier seasons. I am so loving this show. In may shows they now have the "strong" woman, but this show sets itself apart by having MANY strong women without turning this into a chick show. Men are liking this show as there is plenty of cops and robber action. I cant wait to see season 3 and 4 now ! I hope that this show goes past the 5 year mark that many of these cable shows have, it is very rare for any of these other stations to carry out a show past 5 years...... this one has made it to 6 i'd like to see this hang in like NCIS and others past the 10 yr mark !
on January 13, 2015
Bought Seasons 1-3.

This show manages to blend the dark side of life with positive counter balance. It takes me back to kind of TV I enjoy.

It is great to see a show about supportive friendship/family, with its ups & downs, in a way that I can relate to from my experiences with my own friends/life.

At times the writers seem to fall back on the standard formula for police drama, but more often than not, the show keeps a realistic balance of positive and negative. Most of the story lines are well written; but I always wonder why it is necessary to always throw in a psychotic killer who keeps making appearances.

If less was shown about crazy, psychotic behavior, maybe there might be less of it in real life. Life has many, many stories that can be told without the vicious, vindictive, crazy, characters being the main focus.

With all that said, Rizzoli & Isles is positively different enough from many of today's TV shows for me to really enjoy watching. it.
on May 15, 2016
Fantastic Series. I look forward to turning on my computer and plug in my headphones to watch at least 2 episode of Rizzoli and Isles when I get home from work I love the way Rizzoli and Isles interact and Rizzoli's mom is a "kick". I love the entire cast of this series. Keep it coming....
Thank you for great entertainment. I've got my friends hooked on this program on TV. I watch it on TV as well as on my computer.
on May 10, 2015
i ordered this dvd after watching a few more episodes last season. while waiting for it to be shipped i started watching season 1. had a hard time sitting through the episodes, the writing, interaction between characters was lousy at best , omg what did i do by getting season 2. well im happy to say a lot improved for the next season, charaters blended better, writing greatly improved, things seemed more comfortable and the comedy was actually funny. i guess the writers and actors hit their stride, good story lines that holds your interest, and is entertaining. you need season 1 to get to know the characters basic story lines and premise of the show itself, season 2 gets you intereted in what the show is really about solving crime now waiting for season 3 to arrive.
on June 14, 2012
This is a really good show.

The interaction between Jane and Maura is great to watch. They understand each other, care deeply and enjoy a tremendous friendship whilst respecting each other professionally. They are super role models.

The writers have done well to produce a show with serious intent and story lines but with some great humour and pathos that makes it extremely watchable. This season we've seen the addition of an ongoing long distance love interest for Jane which has allowed us to see an extra dimension of her character.

The final episode was a dousy, particularly the last scene. It will be fascinating to see how the writers manage the conflict in Season 3. I wish I didn't have to wait until later this year to watch it.

If you haven't watched this show, do so. It's a delightful surprise.