1,005 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works!
Published on January 28, 2011 by California Jo

1.0 out of 5 stars Same Wrinkles
Nothing happened.........every wrinkle I had looks exactly the same. They did not diminish even a little. I tried it on one side of my face and asked family members to see if they could tell a difference and everyone said they couldn't. The product says it will work immediately, but even after 1 week I did not see any results. I will definitely be sending it back if...
Published 17 months ago by Barb Quaintance

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works!, January 28, 2011
I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous to complain about a slight odor or a tingling sensation with the use of the RoC Retinol Correction line. This only means it is working! This is not meant to be a "perfume" cream; it is more like a medical prescription, though not as strong as straight retinol. I've used it for almost a year and can tell you that if you use these four RoC products (RoC Retinol Correction line) day filler, eye cream, moisturizer & night cream, you will see noticeable results. My only regret is that I just discovered I can save a bundle by ordering it from Amazon rather than purchasing it at any of my local drugstores. It is far, far better than any other over-the-counter products that promise wrinkle reduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Found the trick for making this work with sensitive skin!, May 30, 2013
MB (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1-Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I love this product for fighting wrinkles, but it is so harsh. I have sensitive/dry skin (which of course, shows wrinkles the most) and being of "that certain age," my skin is extra dry and sensitive. I used this religiously, but ended up with my eyes almost sealed shut from a reaction to it and my skin burned, even when I limited my use to once or twice a week. Got rid of the wrinkles, but also got rid of my skin!! I won't give up using it, because it is amazing on wrinkles, but I recommend not using it every night - use it a couple of nights on, then a couple of nights off. My face would be red after using it this way, but not burned. A friend of mine recommended another skin care product - she's into organic - and told me to try Bel Essence (comes in an oil or cream, I used both - I've been buying it from their website but it's available here too)(Bel Essence Anti Aging Treatment - Intensive All Natural Anti-Wrinkle, Facial Lift Skin Care Formula - 1.5oz). This solved the reaction problem to Roc. Not only did it help my skin in general, but using it with Roc - no burning, no bad reactions. I talked to my doctor about it, and he told me that the natural oils in Bel Essence contain high amounts of Vitamin E and other nutrients that help the skin heal and stay healthy. If you love Roc (and I am a HUGE fan), I recommend using Bel Essence with it, to get the good effects of Roc without the bad. There are a lot of all natural skin creams out there, but this worked the best, and absolutely worked the best with Roc.

Quick update - for Roc burns, I found that the Bel Essence oil Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil works a little quicker in helping heal. Probably because it is 100% oil without the ingredients to turn it into a cream. So if Roc really burned your skin, the oil will help treat it more quickly.

Another quick update - my skin is fabulous now. Never thought it would look this good - the Roc has reduced my lines to minor marks that make up covers nicely, and my skin is soft, firm, and a lot brighter. This is a GREAT combo. I love the effect of the bel essence on my skin, the roc gets your skin to turnover faster, and the bel essence makes sure that the new skin is firm, smooth, soft and wrinkle free. I can't believe that a natural product work work this well - I expect it from the roc which uses chemicals, but I am amazed that ingredients from nature can so completely change my skin and make me look years younger!

Ok - so I just need to add another quick rave about the combination of roc and bel essence. I had deep crevices across my forehead - GONE - only the tiniest of lines that are easily covered with makeup. I now have NO LINES around my eyes, or on my upper lip. This combination is amazing. I've used the Roc alone for a long time and saw results, but when I added the Bel Essence, that's when I really saw results. And permanent results. I am so thrilled with my skin now!

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this product, November 2, 2011
I HAVE BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND LOVE THE FACT THAT I AM 58 AND NO ONE BELIEVES MY AGE. I AM A PERSON WHO CLEANSES MY SKIN REGULARLY BECAUSE, I FEEL IT IS IMPORTANT IF YOU EXPECT A PRODUCT TO WORK WELL. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT AND GETTING IT THROUGH AMAZON MAKES IT AFFORDABLE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkle Reducing Miracle, December 27, 2012
I tried this cream after reading mixed reviews. I took into account all the various suggestions and felt like it still had a lot to offer me. Being middle aged, I have signs of aging in my face. I tried all kinds of other creams behind heading to this one. This one DOES THE TRICK! My skin is so much smoother and more youthful! I love how well it erases lines and dark marks on my face. I was careful not to put it too close to my eyes like others had mentioned. My cheeks and forehead were revived, but I still felt like my eyes were suffering. So many prescription creams carried the hefty price tag, so I turned to more suggestions online and landed on a different but inexpensive retinol cream to try for the circles and creases I'd developed around the eyes. With this product- Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set- I felt I had a real shot.

It took about a week, but combining the deep correxion cream with the regular retinol cream seemed to be paying off. My eyes were filled in, lighter, and natural looking like the rest of my skin had already been from the night cream. It took 10 years off my appearance! I didn't have any of the flaking I'd read complaints about or irritation. My eyes were healthy. My skin looks young and I have all sorts of confidence again. Ladies, if you're in the middle of your life and running around like me, take my word for it. You won't be disappointed in retinol creams if you try them!

5.0 out of 5 stars RoC ROCKS!, August 5, 2011
I have used Avon products, Clinique, and Mary Kay and none of them have givem me the results of my RoC products. This is the only product that I can put on in the morning and my skin feels smooth all day rather than getting the tight dry feeling at the end of the day that other products give me. I love the fact that I can order my RoC at Amazon and not have to go out shopping paying higher prices for other brands of even the prices that are at the store for my RoC products. Would highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!!!, October 23, 2012
I did not buy this from Amazon, but will in the future.
I am 51 and look like my deceased 91 yr old grandma.
I'm Irish so I'm translucent and if I think about the sun I wake up with a new wrinkle.
I have semi-sensitive skin. Maybe it's not so sensitive since I tend to put a coat of this stuff on, that I'm so shiny I reflect.
The shine disappears though and others can drive down the road with out being blinded by my face.
After 8 weeks of using this product every other day, the furrows near my eyebrows are decreased by a pretty fair amount. My sad clown lines near my mouth/cheeks are now looking more "bored clown" honestly there is a difference. Short of using my husbands power sander on my face or a brillo pad, I can't think of anything better to use and I've used them all.
I alternate days with the creamy version of this stuff and some of the collagen filler.
I wanted to experiment to see if they worked the same and they do.
At this price it's almost a sin not to buy this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Went to Work Today Without Makeup On for The First Time in 15 yrs., January 12, 2012
I've always laughed at the way moisturizers are marketed as having scientific-sounding properties with "visible results" so when I bought this, I was really only expecting a nice facial cream from a reputable company at a cheap price. I started using it 10 days ago and as expected, it seemed like a decent moisturizer but otherwise unremarkable. I completely forgot about the promise of "visible results" never having really expected them due to the low price. Then, about three days ago, I went to put on my makeup before work and stopped because it looked like I already had. I had to actually wipe a tissue over my face to reassure myself that no, I wasn't losing my mind--it was my bare skin. I can't believe it but after only a matter of days, my face looks like it did 15 years ago when I was 36. Back then, I had great skin and could get away with using a bare minimum amount of liquid makeup. As I got older, though, I had to use more and more to the point that by the time I was 50, I wouldn't be caught dead in public without makeup on. Today, I went to work without makeup for the first time in 15 yrs. Even my husband, who thinks beauty products are a scam and a waste of money, commented about it and he NEVER notices anything--not hair coloring or styling, new nails, pedicures, facials and professional makeup--nothing. This stuff is AMAZING. Add the price to the equation and it's really the best beauty product I think I have ever purchased. I read the review cautioning to not apply it around the eyes. That was not my experience. For the first week, the only place I applied it was around my eyes. Now I use it on my whole face. I am SOLD.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, It Is Fantastic!, June 19, 2008
E. M. Griffith "auntleesie" (Central Coast of California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
My mother began using Roc several years ago; I noticed during one visit that her skin looked smoother and healthier than mine. When I asked if she was using a special lotion or cream, she told me she'd been using Roc night cream for awhile. My mother has always looked gorgeous and much younger than her chronological age, plus she had some medical treatments in the distant past(an eye lift, silicone injections, etc.), so... since I was only in my early 40s at the time, I didn't think too seriously about Roc.

Her 75th birthday was a few months ago, and she looked fabulous for the family portriats taken that day. She could easily pass for a woman in her late 50s. I also noticed in the photographs that a few new lines and creases have appeared on MY face. Not to mention the thin lines and less taught skin on my neck. I told myself I wouldn't fret about aging, and I truly haven't, but a mother's influence can be powerful.

Therefore, I bought my first tube of Roc night cream with the belief that (a) it was probably not going to do anything more than any other moisturizer, but (b) I could at least say I'm making the effort. Surprise! It's a fantastic product! I have sensitive skin which often either burns or breaks out with anti-aging products, and have had none of that with the Roc. I use a very small amount over my still damp, freshly washed face and neck before bed. While I can't say I'm seeing a huge difference yet in any deep lines (of which I have only a few), the fine lines appear less noticeable and my skin has a nice, healthy tone and glow.

Just a few weeks ago I was at a dinner party and a woman asked how it was possible I have a 21 year old son. I explained I'm 46, and she looked honestly shocked. She turned to the gentleman sitting next to her and said, "She certainly doesn't look 46, does she?"

Good genes, Roc night cream or both? You decide, but the product is worth a try at Amazon's price. Do be careful about sun exposure while using the broduct, though. My face and neck seem to get pink more quickly. I've started using an oil free daily moisterizer with SPF 30 and salacylic acid (to prevent any breakouts) when I'm going to be in the sun for any length of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate Softening of Wrinkles and Ingredients Help With Long-Term Improvement, January 9, 2010
This RoC product is good to use for instant results before you go out, in addition to what it's doing underneath the surface of your skin. It instantly softens lines and/or wrinkles, neither of which I have of course!

Recently I went into a panic because I found a new "line" around one of my eyes. Whether it was a beginning wrinkle or not, I restocked my RoC products. I've used fine cosmetics since in my teens and my face looks better than many people my age. I credit the quality products. RoC products are more effective than department-store wrinkle-removers, etc., and much less expensive. Retinol products work, although you do have to make sure to protect your skin when you're out in the sun and be sure not to wax your face after using it, a mistake I made.

In fact, if you're new to Retinol products, go slowly. I would probably use it every other day at first to see how your skin reacts, before starting to use it every day. Can't hurt. I am definitely seeing softer skin and softening of lines. The dark spots under my eyes are improved, although I have allergies and getting rid of them altogether is probably unlikely to happen. I'll keep trying for the best improvement I can get though, and RoC products seem to do it for me. I think the Deep Wrinkle Filler is a keeper, but my favorite is the Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. I plan to keep using both.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sunscreen/retinol combo that evens skin tone, December 31, 2012
I bought this product when I was looking for a daily sunscreen which would even out my skin tone and improve the appearance of the fine lines appearing around my eyes. Although this product is a bit expensive, I chose it because it contains both retinol and a sunscreen. Retinol and retinods are the only topically-applied chemicals which have been shown (through scientific study) to reduce in fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, retinol is used to treat acne and has been shown to even out skin tone. Therefore, I thought this cream might address my skin problems, and the results have been great. My skin tone is more even, and I have noticed a slight reduction in the lines around my eyes. My skin does not get greasy while using this moisturizer, which is also awesome.

Although I was looking for a sunscreen when choosing this product, I realize this may not be true for other people. It should, therefore, be mentioned that when using retinol, one should wear a daily sunscreen, as the retinol makes skin more photosensitive. So, this product is sort of a 2-in-1: retinol to address various problems with the skin, and a sunscreen to protect from the side effects of the retinol. The sunscreen in this product has been very effective: I spend a good deal of time outdoors and haven't had any sunburn since using this product. Unfortunately, there is debate on whether one of the chemicals in this product that acts as a sunscreen (oxybenzone) is safe to use.

I have seen some reviews stating that this cream made the reviewer's face peel. This is a common side effect of using a concentrated retinol product when one hasn't used retinol before. If this is a potential problem for you, try using a less-concentrated retinol cream for a while before starting application of this cream.