5.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkle Reducing Miracle
Published 15 months ago by Eve F

3.0 out of 5 stars To ROC or not...
Published on February 18, 2006 by Tris McCarran

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkle Reducing Miracle, December 27, 2012
This review is from: RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream, 1-Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I tried this cream after reading mixed reviews. I took into account all the various suggestions and felt like it still had a lot to offer me. Being middle aged, I have signs of aging in my face. I tried all kinds of other creams behind heading to this one. This one DOES THE TRICK! My skin is so much smoother and more youthful! I love how well it erases lines and dark marks on my face. I was careful not to put it too close to my eyes like others had mentioned. My cheeks and forehead were revived, but I still felt like my eyes were suffering. So many prescription creams carried the hefty price tag, so I turned to more suggestions online and landed on a different but inexpensive retinol cream to try for the circles and creases I'd developed around the eyes. With this product- Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set- I felt I had a real shot.

It took about a week, but combining the deep correxion cream with the regular retinol cream seemed to be paying off. My eyes were filled in, lighter, and natural looking like the rest of my skin had already been from the night cream. It took 10 years off my appearance! I didn't have any of the flaking I'd read complaints about or irritation. My eyes were healthy. My skin looks young and I have all sorts of confidence again. Ladies, if you're in the middle of your life and running around like me, take my word for it. You won't be disappointed in retinol creams if you try them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Found the trick for making this work with sensitive skin!, May 30, 2013
MB (New York) - See all my reviews
I love this product for fighting wrinkles, but it is so harsh. I have sensitive/dry skin (which of course, shows wrinkles the most) and being of "that certain age," my skin is extra dry and sensitive. I used this religiously, but ended up with my eyes almost sealed shut from a reaction to it and my skin burned, even when I limited my use to once or twice a week. Got rid of the wrinkles, but also got rid of my skin!! I won't give up using it, because it is amazing on wrinkles, but I recommend not using it every night - use it a couple of nights on, then a couple of nights off. My face would be red after using it this way, but not burned. A friend of mine recommended another skin care product - she's into organic - and told me to try Bel Essence (comes in an oil or cream, I used both - I've been buying it from their website but it's available here too)(Bel Essence Anti Aging Treatment - Intensive All Natural Anti-Wrinkle, Facial Lift Skin Care Formula - 1.5oz). This solved the reaction problem to Roc. Not only did it help my skin in general, but using it with Roc - no burning, no bad reactions. I talked to my doctor about it, and he told me that the natural oils in Bel Essence contain high amounts of Vitamin E and other nutrients that help the skin heal and stay healthy. If you love Roc (and I am a HUGE fan), I recommend using Bel Essence with it, to get the good effects of Roc without the bad. There are a lot of all natural skin creams out there, but this worked the best, and absolutely worked the best with Roc.

Quick update - for Roc burns, I found that the Bel Essence oil Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil works a little quicker in helping heal. Probably because it is 100% oil without the ingredients to turn it into a cream. So if Roc really burned your skin, the oil will help treat it more quickly.

Another quick update - my skin is fabulous now. Never thought it would look this good - the Roc has reduced my lines to minor marks that make up covers nicely, and my skin is soft, firm, and a lot brighter. This is a GREAT combo.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cream I will buy, December 3, 2013
I am not very brand loyal, but this cream, this cream I just love!

The texture is rich but not greasy. You only need a pea sized amount for your whole face and neck, if you use more, side effects may increase. It glides over the skin nicely and spreads out easily. With a little massage my skin just drinks this stuff right up and feels instantly soft and velvety. When I wake up in the morning, my skin looks glowy and radiant and still feels hydrated. I can feel it rinse off when I get in the shower. This is not to say this cream is overly heavy, it just creates an excellent moisture lock that lasts all night long.Though the absorption is excellent, if you really hate the feel of something on your face you may not like this. I love it because it reassures me that it's doing it's job.

I am only 34 so I use this mainly preventatively but I did have a very superficial groove on my forehead and small lines around mouth that are now completely gone. The texture of my skin is so much smoother and more consistent. I honestly haven't read up a whole lot on the science of retinol, but it seems to do a lot more than treat wrinkles. My complexion has never looked better. I know this because I keep willingly forking over the $20 plus dollars a tube, I would never do this for something that didn't show results.

One thing to be aware of is that when starting a retinol regimen it's best ease in. This is powerful stuff and it may sting, burn a bit (think mild sun burn) and make your skin a bit red. I even had some flaking the first week. This is normal and your skin should adjust fairly quickly. That said, it's probably best not to try it for the first time the night before your wedding or some other huge event. My skin isn't sensitive at all, but I started with the sensitive version, then moved up to the regular one after the first tube. You kind of need to pay attention to your skin and listen to what it's telling you. If you are bothered by side effects, skip a night and use a non retinol product that night. Again, I personally like the side effects because I know this stuff is doing something. Once my skin adjusted, the redness and sting totally subsided after about 7 nights.

Bottom line, if you are willing to put up with the adjustment period and expense, this cream does "keep it's promises." For my money, it's the best I've ever used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible result, but not around the eyes!, April 8, 2007
I'm 32, and the only telling thing about my age are the serious wrinkles on my brow. I decided to try this as it wasn't too expensive (look at Strivectin - ouch!) and thought even a small improvement would be worth the price. I have to say, I'm shocked. After about two weeks, I saw noticeable changes, and it's now been about 6 weeks, and the improvement has been tremendous. The wrinkles on my forehead are almost gone. I'll definitely be purchasing more.

Like some of the other reviews, there are areas this shouldn't go, like around the eyes. Be careful about that, as it created a little redness, not bad, but it really dried out my skin and caused flaking, which too about a week to clear up. Again, no problems anywhere else, but in sensitive areas like the eyes, it's potency was obvious, and these areas couldn't take it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works amazingly well, January 26, 2006
I must say that I was skeptical about this, but for the low price versus department store cosmetics, figured it was worth a try. Amazingly, it really works quite well and MY WIFE LOVES IT!

After a few weeks, people were commenting that she looked less tired, asked if she had lost weight, been exercising or on vacation. Since it works gradually over a few weeks, you notice a bit of difference yourself, but the people who don't see you that often really notice a dramatic change. Smaller wrinkles are smoothed out and disappear completely, while large ones get smaller.

It won't make a 69 year old look 20, but definitely takes off a decade of wear and tear.

3.0 out of 5 stars To ROC or not..., February 18, 2006
Don't think about using this if you have very dry skin, as the retinol which eases those fine lines also causes skin to flake and peel, and Never use any product not especially designed for the orbital area around your eyes. I had undergone laser resurfacing about nine years ago on my face, but at the time my doctor said the forehead didn't need it. Now it doesn't have the same smooth feel as the rest of the skin on my face, so I decided to try the ROC Over-night Deep Wrinkle cream. Been using it for several weeks, and it has lessened the lines and made my skin feel smoother, but I've had to use some heavy-duty moisturizer during the day to counteract the drying effects of the product. I've now stopped using it and am using Kinerase, which smooths out those lines but also moisturizes as well. Don't expect it to work overnight, it has a cumulative effect, but at least while you're using it, it hydrates the skin better than anything I've found yet, and it was recommended to me by the surgeon who did the lasering on my face. As far as the ROC product, I would recommend it for short-term use only, and not for those with dry skin issues, as it will only aggravate them.

5.0 out of 5 stars wrinkles gone at 70, May 12, 2012
I've been babying my skin with different brands (both start with "O") for the last 30 years. I've avoided sun since age 45 after two basal cells removed. I'm 70, not overweight, and exercise (indoors). Eventually I started getting small wrinkles on my cheeks and corners of eyes plus dark circles. Two months ago I started RoC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream and Eye cream at night plus moisturizer and Deep Wrinkle serum during the day with moisturizer. My wrinkles are gone, my face is firm and my dark circles are diminished considerably. My face actually glows. I'm extremely happy with this product line.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Went to Work Today Without Makeup On for The First Time in 15 yrs., January 12, 2012
I've always laughed at the way moisturizers are marketed as having scientific-sounding properties with "visible results" so when I bought this, I was really only expecting a nice facial cream from a reputable company at a cheap price. I started using it 10 days ago and as expected, it seemed like a decent moisturizer but otherwise unremarkable. I completely forgot about the promise of "visible results" never having really expected them due to the low price. Then, about three days ago, I went to put on my makeup before work and stopped because it looked like I already had. I had to actually wipe a tissue over my face to reassure myself that no, I wasn't losing my mind--it was my bare skin. I can't believe it but after only a matter of days, my face looks like it did 15 years ago when I was 36. Back then, I had great skin and could get away with using a bare minimum amount of liquid makeup. As I got older, though, I had to use more and more to the point that by the time I was 50, I wouldn't be caught dead in public without makeup on. Today, I went to work without makeup for the first time in 15 yrs. Even my husband, who thinks beauty products are a scam and a waste of money, commented about it and he NEVER notices anything--not hair coloring or styling, new nails, pedicures, facials and professional makeup--nothing. This stuff is AMAZING. Add the price to the equation and it's really the best beauty product I think I have ever purchased. I read the review cautioning to not apply it around the eyes. That was not my experience. For the first week, the only place I applied it was around my eyes. Now I use it on my whole face. I am SOLD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product I use, May 20, 2011
I don't have much to add to the other amazing reviews but I will tell you my story anyway.
I am 47, white ( and I mean white - think Renne Zellweger skin), with moderate sun damage- like a piece of beige lace was laid over my face. I also have freckles - from birth and have never smoked. Some wrinkles, not much.
I had the oiliest skin imaginable until about 36 when it started drying up some. By 42, my skin wasn't a grease pit anymore. One nice thing about aging!

I have been using this for a year. At first my skin got very scaly and pink but over time, I came to realize that my skin had to be completely dry before applying. For me, that means I wait at least 45 minutes to an hour after washing before putting this on before bedtime. Since washing my face that much earlier doesn't always happen, I have ended up using this about every other night.
I also use an old pillowcase laid over my nice pillowcase just in case it should stain.
When I wait for my skin to be completely dry, I get NO flaking or scaliness the next day.

The first couple of months I was also using the product sparingly but now I slather it on. 2 months ago, I started using it with the eye cream.

In the day, I use Olay regenerating serum (slathered on), Aveeno 30 sunblock and my foundation which doesn't have much sunscreen in it.

My skin is now the best it has ever been. The mottled sunscreen damage is almost all gone, though not totally, and I can see my original freckles for the first time in years.
No pimples or cysts- the product dries them up almost over night before they are visible. I can still feel them form under the skin, however, it's not my age that has rid me of acne yet but the Roc dissolving them.

I also had a small skin tag appear under my eyebrow- it was gone in 2 days with a careful application of this product- not the eye cream.

My wrinkles, while slight, seem much less pronounced and overall, my skin is tight, even and glowing. I am using much less makeup than ever to achieve the same look.

1.0 out of 5 stars Proceed with Caution, February 14, 2010
Vicki K. Baker (Fullerton, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I've read the reviews, with people raving about this product, so I'm sure it works for most people. However, this is definitely one product you need to be careful with. Test it over a weekend because if you are allergic, you are going to need the time to recover from it. My mom bought it first and after a few weeks of use, she'd had the tingling and some redness that the product says are normal until your skin adjusts. She didn't think anything about the cream until one day when she realized she was having a severe reaction to it. Her face swelled up like a balloon, and you could barely see her eyes. She took Benedryl in large doses to stop the reaction, and it took her about a week to look normal. She did not get it near her eyes. Her pharmacist said they are seeing lots of people with reactions to skin creams lately, so perhaps there is a new chemical that products are using. Your reaction will depend on your individual tolerances, and there's no other way to know unless you try it.

Since my mom is allergic to many things, and I am generally not, she gave the cream to me to try. For two nights, I tried it on a small portion of skin on my chin, and I had no problems. On Friday night, I put it on my forehead, chin, and below the cheekbones, to test it on a larger area away from the eyes. Wow, was my reaction different! Saturday, my eyes were red and felt a bit warm, and they watered a lot. By that night, I didn't apply it again because my tongue and lips tingled, along with my hands, and I knew it was a reaction to the cream. By midnight Saturday, 28 hours since I'd first applied it in a larger area, I was also getting out the Benedryl to stop the burning feeling. I'm writing this about 6pm Sunday, and I still feel tingling in my face and hands and tongue, my face feels tender and warm, and the skin on my eyelids and under my eyes is bright red. Believe me, I didn't get it anywhere near my eyes and I washed my hands after applying it.

It is a shame some of us react this way, and there are some people who will say we didn't apply it right, or test it properly. I know that in my case, that isn't true. I'm not sure what is in it that would cause this kind of severe reaction, but it is up to you to try it for yourselves. I'm not criticizing the product with my rating, but by rating it low, people might read a warning that could help them. As I told my mom, when our faces were swollen up, they are right - we have no wrinkles!

ARRAY(0x9e2b463c)