Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Road Biking(TM) Illinois: A Guide To The State's Best Bike Rides (Road Biking Series)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

100%

on February 24, 2013
Book is a very good book if you are a cyclist looking for those weekend trips to enjoy. Great for those of us who do not have allot of opportunity to "trial & error" a cycling trip, the work is already done and you are guaranteed a decent ride. Maps could be better but the GPS Coordinates and turn by turn are great. Content wise I give this book 5 Stars!

Problem is that the translation to the Kindle, especially the older versions ( I have both a monochrome Kindle and a Kindle Fire HD) is that the text size in some areas varies widely and it is sometimes hard to tell when a new chapter has begun. This is most notable in the turn by turn directions in which some are a very tiny font and the direction just below is 30 times the one before. For these reasons I knocked a star off. This book looks better of course on the Fire HD ( which I love ). But I still use my old kindle allot because of size and battery life.

Over all good read. I would recommend and Road Biking guides by this Author.
on November 25, 2011
A good book that gave me good insight to riding all over the state, Informative and engaging, can't wait to get out there and try some of the rides
on August 24, 2013
The ride descriptions are great but the actual directions are so-so. Did the "Rockford Ramble" last weekend and around mile 12 there was a street that was not mentioned in the directions, then another snafoo around mile 14. Our biggest problem was downtown Rockford when the 'underpass' is mentioned. It didn't say which one and we ended up off track and winged it from there. We didn't want to backtrack and try to get back on the author's directions. We had a detailed map with us but not the one from the book so maybe that was our mistake. It still was a nice ride and we plan on trying one more from the book next month.